You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

Nice us what we want, now what you think we want

58 comments in this topic

[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,474 posts
4,768 battles

The gamer/developer relationship is a two way street.  The T10 ranked debacle highlights that sometimes we aren't being listened to.  Sometimes we are...  but its important WG keep interest alive in the game.  We don;t always know what's best for the game, but in many cases, we do.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 3

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester
1,847 posts
6,880 battles

The title is somewhat confusing, a typo?

[WORX]
Members
1,856 posts
12,904 battles

@NoZoupForYou in the interest of personal interest, you have four different interests you have to satisfy

• DD
  • BB
  • CV
  • Cruiser.

So far, only two classes have benefited directly from buffs and indirectly from NURFs of other classes. As you stated, classes become instinct or rare in the battle field when we lose interest. One of the main reason is the "balance" issues between the classes. One or two classes have a bigger workload then the other. 

It seems WOWS (no evidence just IMO) listens to one particular class over the rest. As long as the inter relationship between ship class remains broken and not improved soon. Then its going to be a two ship class game, Not four.

Is like 4 kids arguing that the one sibling gets better treatment from the parents then the other 3. I think its a challenge keeping all the kids happy and satisfied right ?

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,840 posts
9,586 battles
22 minutes ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Were you having a stroke when you wrote that thread title??

That was my concern as well. Hopefully they’re okay. 

[CTF80]
[CTF80]
Members
4,226 posts
10,516 battles

For the most part, I agree with Zoup; however, there's nothing wrong with radar.  Overcome. Adapt. Cope.  Not hard, guys.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
4,547 posts
11,437 battles
3 minutes ago, mohawkdriver said:

For the most part, I agree with Zoup; however, there's nothing wrong with radar.  Overcome. Adapt. Cope.  Not hard, guys.

Agree.  Radar isn't the killer some (including myself) thought it would be.  It is severely limited, and ofen easy to bait.  Use your head.

As for TierX Ranked;  I've barely touched Ranked Battles since Tier X was part of the process.  Only played three battles this season, albeit the Tier VIII bracket, but I have no interest progressing to Rank 10 or above.  I like playing Tier X ships, but not in ranked.

• Cool 1

[NEMO]
Members
77 posts
43 minutes ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Were you having a stroke when you wrote that thread title??

I had one reading it....

• Funny 1

Members
18,241 posts
5,215 battles
54 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

As long as the inter relationship between ship class remains broken and not improved soon. Then its going to be a two ship class game, Not four.

From what I'm seeing, that's BBs and DDs....

Often, I'm one of two cruisers in the match, the remainder being split between BBs and DDs, with the odd CV in the mix.

• Cool 1

[ODIN]
[ODIN]
Members
456 posts
13,323 battles
2 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Often, I'm one of two cruisers in the match, the remainder being split between BBs and DDs, with the odd CV in the mix.

I feel the same way for the most part. I have been a part of games that are primarily cruisers but they are few and far between.

The newest campaign and tech tree line brought American cruisers out in force but that seems to be fading now.

Members
3,791 posts
14,076 battles
7 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Same here. And it never fails that the Cruisers get focused on by the BBs hot for that easy kill. Cruisers badly need to have their survivability improved and it's been obvious since the game started, but WG ignores that. Without Cruisers, who's going to kill those pesky 'lil DDs that the BBs are so scared of?

Edited by ReddNekk

[INTEL]
Members
8,587 posts
25,712 battles
3 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I play almost exclusively T7. And that is not the case at T7. Most games feature a broad spread of ships. The cruiser starvation occurs at the high tiers. 

But fundamentally, Zoup is right. Ranked at T10 was a WG screw up. It's a problem that is easily solved: you survey the player population WHOSE EMAIL ADDRESSES YOU HAVE. EVERY FREAKIN' ONE. And you ask them: what tiers would you like Ranked to be? And then you choose the popular tiers. You don't say: "Here suckers, eat T10 again. And again. And again." 

Would the world stop spinning in its orbit if WG did what the playerbase asked? I can't figure it out.

I dont know why WG doesnt give a damn what its playerbase thinks. I have never been so long connected with a business that cares so little about its paying customers.

PS: Patch 0.7.10 is now in sight and still, there is no button to turn off emblems. How hard can it be? How many times do we have to ask? @Radar_X, can we get an explanation of why we have no button to turn off emblems? 

[REVY]
Members
6,104 posts
5,104 battles
1 hour ago, Zarroc1 said:

Need some post title editing there @NoZoupForYou

I'm not sure he actually reads his forum threads most of the time.

[REVY]
Members
6,104 posts
5,104 battles
23 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

Without Cruisers, who's going to kill those pesky 'lil DDs that the BBs are so scared of?

As a BB main, I pad out my score by killing most of the DDs on the enemy team.  Who needs cruisers anyway?

• Cool 1

Members
18,241 posts
5,215 battles
24 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

I feel the same way for the most part. I have been a part of games that are primarily cruisers but they are few and far between.

20 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

Same here. And it never fails that the Cruisers get focused on by the BBs hot for that easy kill. Cruisers badly need to have their survivability improved and it's been obvious since the game started, but WG ignores that. Without Cruisers, who's going to kill those pesky 'lil DDs that the BBs are so scared of?

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not complaining. I primarily play cruisers with range, so the fact that there's so many BBs means easy damage farming by just hanging back.

The large numbers of DDs is good too. Once the numbers thin out and I can stop hiding behind the BBs, there's a good chance of running into a DD and getting a 1 vs. 1 situation, without half his buddies focussing me the second I shoot at the DD.

Nothing more satisfying than driving my Chappy, coming up on a Harugumo sitting in a smoke cloud, when he's looking the other way.

Pop the radar, he can't see me, and all his spotters are on the wrong side of the smoke cloud. 3 salvoes can easily do the trick. :cap_haloween:

[WORX]
Members
1,856 posts
12,904 battles
37 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

^^^ Maybe, its open to interpretation, I did not wanted to single out a class because then it defeats the purpose. We all know the inter class relationship is broken and ned to be fixed. :)/

Members
18,241 posts
5,215 battles
5 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

^^^ Maybe, its open to interpretation, I did not wanted to single out a class because then it defeats the purpose. We all know the inter class relationship is broken and ned to be fixed. :)/

Good point, I wrongly assumed what you posted was one of those veiled DD Mafia digs lol.

[WORX]
Members
1,856 posts
12,904 battles
1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

Good point, I wrongly assumed what you posted was one of those veiled DD Mafia digs lol.

If I put in my two cents in maybe I earn the title :P. But then I would be spewing a non constructive bias statement that benefits the class I love to play... But That is not the point. Fair assumption though : lol

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
505 posts
1,037 battles
1 hour ago, GoldPile said:

The title is somewhat confusing, a typo?

My Kindle's spell-check operates a lot like that...substitutes another word in place of the one you really wanted...

[R-F1]
Members
397 posts
14,447 battles

The existential paradox that is punishing bad team play in a solo competition such as ranked is something I've voiced a number of times myself.

The whole Ranked idea makes no sense as it is run in WoWs. It makes some sense in games like Overwatch and Counter-Strike, but this game is entirely dependent on a working team play to be successful. The current system incentivises players to look out for their own interest and save their star to the detriment of the team. The issue being, that the best way to win a battle is to work together, usually to the detriment of your personal glory. So the system and the goals are at odds with each other, resulting in hair-pulling anger and frustration sessions where players each go on their own glory hunt and lose a star due to loss.

If Ranked is about proving your individual mettle than only a system set up to prove that mettle makes sense. A team environment is a terrible platform to facilitate individual skill displays. Imagine if a basketball game was about each player trying to score as much as possible so that they don't count as a loser even if that meant their team lost. You would have players who were unwilling to pass or defend, only to take the ball and score; even if they kept losing the ball and allowed the opposition to score.

It is only natural that each and every ranked season is met with universal scorn and results in player burnout when the system incentivises them to work against their own benefit.

Also, as it stands, ranked is currently just a much much worse version of Clan Wars. There's nothing that separates them except the former being worse. It would work to its benefit if ranked replaced its current system with something that actually awards individuality, rather than punishes it. A 1-on-1 match in a small arena with pre-designated ships is what comes to my mind, but I'm sure it can be improved upon. It can instead be a set of challenges the player has to complete before advancing a rank for example.

I'm certain if WG asked the community for its input on how to improve Ranked, they'd find something that works.

• Cool 2

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,840 posts
9,586 battles
1 hour ago, mohawkdriver said:

Sooooo. What are your thoughts on the Harugumo? 

[PVE]
Members
9,741 posts
7,472 battles

@Bonfor noted Halloween containers coming in 7.10 and the 7.10 Dev  bullentin says that Halloween containers are replacing RN containers as rewards in 7.10.

6 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Found the mention about that Halloween containers will replace the RN containers in patch 7.10. No update on what will be in Halloween containers. i wonder if they will continue into 7.11 or be replaced again.

G4fQ7Xg.jpg