Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Jiggiwatt

Co-op CV Fighters not being issued orders by AI

3 comments in this topic

Members
644 posts
4,259 battles

I apologize that I don't have a replay, I understand that's an important part of these sorts of things. 

Yesterday I was playing a Co-op battle in my Ranger and noticed that the red bot CV hadn't thrown his fighters at me yet. Towards the end of the battle I send my DB's towards the red CV and found his fighter squadron slowly patrolling in a circle just off the starboard quarter of his ship. Those fighters eventually engaged my planes when they got within 1-2km, which is expected behavior for fighters that are simply patrolling without orders, however they stopped and return to patrolling after my planes moved out of range.

I had a very similar occurrence several days earlier after the most recent patch dropped where I never encountered the enemy CV's fighters at all.

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,864 posts
12,608 battles

Just as a human player it is the AI Bot CVs business as to how it employs its assets and not any business of ours to question that! What you observed is CAP continuous air patrol. Had the other ships formed up around the CV in a Task Force formation they all would have had the fighter protection.

[PVE]
Members
5,615 posts
18,201 battles
1 hour ago, Jiggiwatt said:

I apologize that I don't have a replay, I understand that's an important part of these sorts of things. 

Yesterday I was playing a Co-op battle in my Ranger and noticed that the red bot CV hadn't thrown his fighters at me yet. Towards the end of the battle I send my DB's towards the red CV and found his fighter squadron slowly patrolling in a circle just off the starboard quarter of his ship. Those fighters eventually engaged my planes when they got within 1-2km, which is expected behavior for fighters that are simply patrolling without orders, however they stopped and return to patrolling after my planes moved out of range.

I had a very similar occurrence several days earlier after the most recent patch dropped where I never encountered the enemy CV's fighters at all.

Wargaming tweaked the AI and killed the red bot carrier's ability to much of anything. It sits at spawn with its fighters hovering overhead. The attack planes still attack, the fighters won't engage until you get close to the carrier though. Just farm them, bot carriers were fairly easy to dominate before this mess, now they are just neutered. Remember to kill all his attack planes first, then when you are ready to strike the carrier, send your fighters ahead of your attack groups to lock down the red fighters so you can blow them out of the water. The ship will be stationary or moving backwards slowly, easy pickings. 

With the new AI carriers were nerfed, BBs will run and try to kite you with AP rounds, cruisers will kite more effectively with HE then AP when you are burning, and bot DDs use their smoke. Matches take far longer so playing a carrier is a good idea since you should be able to get around twice as many strikes out before the match ends since they drag out now. 

Sign in to follow this