You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
M8i

The Shenyang is a pile of junk.

24 comments in this topic

Members
26 posts
1,899 battles

I thought the tier 3 was garbage but the tier 4 is just as bad. So this ship can't take down an Acasta? Well that sinks, besides why do we have Brit destroyers? They are cheep and unfair. I mean the Brits get destroyers that can shoot torpedoes anywhere and have good armor. So why are the Pan Asia destroyers so broken? 

• Funny 1
  • Bad 3

[WOLF6]
Members
1,874 posts
4,935 battles
Just now, M8i said:

I thought the tier 3 was garbage but the tier 4 is just as bad. So this ship can't take down an Acasta? Well that sinks, besides why do we have Brit destroyers? They are cheep and unfair. I mean the Brits get destroyers that can shoot torpedoes anywhere and have good armor. So why are the Pan Asia destroyers so broken? 

A) The SY is T4. Acasta is T5.

B) Because you can't defeat another ship with it, doesn't mean it can't be done.

C) The SY has the best WR and damage for T4 DDs. It's a very good DD.

D) The SY has better side armor at T4 than the Acasta. The UK Destroyers do not have "good" armor. They have very average armor.

E) The SY is a IJN boat. It has longer range torpedoes. Than the Acasta.

F) UK DD torpedoes can't go anywhere special, and are lower ranged at tier than all but the Soviet boats.

G. Troll

• Cool 4

Members
26 posts
1,899 battles
Just now, Thornir said:

A) The SY is T4. Acasta is T5.

B) Because you can't defeat another ship with it, doesn't mean it can't be done.

C) The SY has the best WR and damage for T4 DDs. It's a very good DD.

D) The SY has better side armor at T4 than the Acasta. The UK Destroyers do not have "good" armor. They have very average armor.

E) The SY is a IJN boat. It has longer range torpedoes. Than the Acasta.

F) UK DD torpedoes can't go anywhere special, and are lower ranged at tier than all but the Soviet boats.

G. Troll

Yet I got destroyed 

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[WOLF6]
Members
1,874 posts
4,935 battles
1 minute ago, M8i said:

Yet I got destroyed 

And you think it's because the ship is bad? Look elsewhere. The ship is fine.

• Cool 3

[SPTR]
Members
25,806 posts
11,120 battles

Brit DD with good armor? do you even research the in game ships? Or did you play one match against against them and lazily concluded your facts on the PA and UK DDs from just that one engagement?

• Cool 1

[WOLF6]
Members
1,874 posts
4,935 battles
Just now, Rolkatsuki said:

Brit DD with good armor? do you even research the in game ships? Or did you play one match against against them and lazily concluded your facts on the PA and UK DDs from just that one engagement?

:Smile_medal: Bingo!

• Cool 2

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,075 posts
12,858 battles

I did not think it was so bad when it came out. It has it limitations in trying to deal with gunboat destroyers such as the Acasta. However, I think the ship is good when played correctly. Me personally, I would have retreated if I spotted an Acasta in playing the ShenYang ASAP!

shot-17_12.04_11_35.49-0157.thumb.jpg.28462911e35631dc526e534f125cd427.jpg

[-K-]
Members
5,295 posts
9,114 battles

Guys, please stop feeding the trolls.  It only makes them more hungry.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
31 minutes ago, Thornir said:

And you think it's because the ship is bad? Look elsewhere. The ship is fine.

Amen:Smile_honoring:

I am one of the worst DD skippers in the game (IMO) BUT it is not the ships fault, it is mine alone.

I the OP of this thread needs to division up with someone who can teach him the game.

• Cool 2

[SW]
Beta Testers
1,890 posts
8,254 battles

I do not question OPs ability, I question his choice. He clearly needs a ship that can torp destroyers. To limit yourself in battle by removing a weapon is questionable.

I would not use any destroyer that could not shoot at other Destroyers. IT LIMITS YOU IN BATTLE.

However that's me , others will tell you many reasons to take this type of craft.

Choices and Free will right.

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,327 posts
6,609 battles
1 hour ago, M8i said:

So this ship can't take down an Acasta?

So you want to tell me that you are unsatisfied because your T4 Destroyer which ironically has no chance to torpedo another Destroyer was defeated by a T5 Destroyer?

Your troll levels are decreasing, you used to be better than that.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,457 posts
11,777 battles

Next your going to say Gaja Mada sucks.

The reason the lower tiers are difficult to play is so you enjoy tiers 7,9 &10.

[BOTES]
Members
161 posts
3,145 battles

Shenyang is one of the most fun T4s and is only contested for being the best T4 DD because Clemson exists. The 127s are solid, the speed is best in tier, and the torps make a mockery of most ships, since hydro is so bad at those tiers anyways.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,075 posts
6,792 battles
7 hours ago, M8i said:

aaaaaaaaaaand hes back ladies and gentlemen

Members
364 posts
5,184 battles

What do you get when you mix the strongest t4 DD (by far) with a severe lack of game mechanics and skill?

No idea. Definitely couldn't think of any examples in particular.

Beta Testers
1,837 posts
10,762 battles

If you can't make one of the best mid-tier seal clubbing DDs work, DD may not be for you.