You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Erebthoron

PTS 7.10 round 1 patchnotes

67 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,904 battles
We are happy to present you with the Developer Bulletin for Update 0.7.10. This Update continues the British arc, as well as bringing a lot of exciting novelties to World of Warships. What you get is another month of Royal Navy, new Halloween missions and features, Ranked sprint, and much more!

IMPORTANT! Because the Update is still being tested, the information in this Bulletin is tentative, and reflects the state of game development at the time of its publication. Changes and new features may be removed entirely or implemented differently by the time the Update goes live. Screenshots, specific values of certain characteristics, and details of in-game mechanics will not necessarily be relevant after the Update is released.

Royal Navy and British Destroyers

The Royal Navy event is in full swing in World of Warships. Having taken part in it, players can receive brand new Tier V–VIII British destroyers and be the first to try them out in battle. The remaining British destroyers are undergoing final stages of testing at the moment.

You will not be able to get Sovereigns in the new version, but they can be exchanged for quite an extensive list of valuable rewards. You can also keep accumulating Guineas for Tier VIII Premium destroyer Cossack, making it available with a huge discount.

f4c93d52-c174-11e8-8f4a-d89d6715223c_120

The new Royal Navy phase offers another 4 Stages, with each lasting 1 week. Each Stage has four Directives that contain a specific number of missions to be completed. Having completed a Stage, Directive, or mission, you will receive a corresponding reward, including various game items, Guineas, and new Halloween containers. You can complete the missions simultaneously, but you will only be able to access the next Directive after completing a certain number of missions from the previous one. Missions can be completed simultaneously and across any number of battles, unless indicated otherwise. Don't worry if you are unable to complete something on the fly, because all the Directives are available for completion until the end of the Stage.

Halloween

Halloween Port

The Halloween Port will welcome you with its bewitching mysticism. Its emerald waters, steep cliffs, and a majestic castle suit well the place where the Forces of Darkness reign.

Saving Transylvania and Sunray in the Darkness

This year's celebration of Halloween is set to bring joy to players with the return of familiar operations: Saving Transylvania and Sunray in the Darkness.

f52bdca0-c174-11e8-b2db-d89d6715223c_120

To complete Operation Saving Transylvania, you will have to gather all your courage again and accompany the ship called Transylvania to a place safe from the Forces of Darkness, protecting it from the attacks of catapults and Zikasa ships along the way. However, making it all the way will not mean you are safe, because the meanest enemy awaits you at end—ship Rasputin!

f52b3728-c174-11e8-9a54-d89d6715223c_120

Sunray in the Darkness encourages players to band together against the Dark Forces that strive to break through the open portal. You will be aided by magic security towers, bestowed with power to close the portal again. Your main goal will be to protect them from a host of enemy ships. Repulse the attack of the Forces of Darkness until the portal closes and keep your eyes on the updated and advanced Filth, which will deduct your ship's HP just by touching it. Those who consider themselves die-hard slayers of the restless Forces of Darkness will have a chance to complete the Hard version—to be played in divisions—to forge their spirit in more dire circumstances.

Terror of the Deep

After completing the previous year's operations, get ready for a unique opportunity to complete a fresh operation entitled “Terror of the Deep” on submarines!

f550eab8-c174-11e8-ac15-d89d6715223c_120

Submarines are the long-awaited new type in World of Warships. However, they will be available exclusively in the new operation. While steering this new type, you have to master a new dimension—depth. You will be able to maneuver freely between the water’s surface, periscope depth, and deep waters. Every change in depth will affect your visibility and attack capabilities. You will get a chance to see the beauty of the underwater world and use submersion as a tactical maneuver—you can attack the enemy with your bow armament, and, on some submarines, having passed your enemy underneath, deliver a salvo from the stern.

1cc098b4-c175-11e8-ac15-d89d6715223c_120

Torpedo tubes are going to be your primary weapon on submarines, and each torpedo can be launched independently. Besides this, each submarine can carry different types of torpedoes. In the new operation, there are going to be two of them: “standard” with considerable speed, and that are quite familiar to you from playing on destroyers, and “freezing” torpedoes, which are faster and deal less damage, but when they hit the target ship, disable her with all her systems for a certain period of time.

One should not forget about an entirely new parameter for us, which is the oxygen supply. Keep an eye on its level — your submarines will replenish it at the surface and spend it when they dive. If you run out of oxygen, the submarine will initiate emergency surfacing.

Become familiar with the new type, and break into the World of Darkness. Complete all challenges, with each challenge more difficult than the previous one and face the ultimate foe—Battleship Rasputin. You’ll have a choice of standard or more difficult modes. Select the standard mode if you’d like to get familiar with the new submarine mechanics, while a more difficult variant will allow you to truly immerse yourself in the atmosphere of the game.

New Camouflages

2fd54152-c175-11e8-80ac-d89d6715223c.gif

During the public test only, apart from those from previous Halloween celebration that you enjoyed, you will receive new camouflages for the following ships: North Carolina (Leviathan), Kiev (Razorworm), Z-23 (Steel Rat), and the first animated camouflage in the game—Mogami (Octopus). These camouflages resemble your opponents from the new operation; we hope that they’ll be a welcome surprise for you!

Ranked Sprint

A new format of Ranked battles will become available with the release of the new version, with two short and action-packed seasons, available for Tier V ships in 6х6 and 8х8. Within the season, players will be divided into two leagues: rank 1 to 5, and rank 5 to 10. Join the battle as a Division with 2 players from your league or on your own. One of the special features of this sprint season is that it’s going to be shorter than the main season. The Sea Wolves league will not be available.

4287939a-c175-11e8-a7b4-d89d6715223c_120

Though this new format is intended mostly for the new players, all players are welcome to take part in the Sprint. Team up with your friends and good luck!

Torpedo Warning

A fresh and pleasant change for players will be new torpedo threat detection mechanics. The purpose of these new mechanics is to reduce the number of false torpedo warnings about torpedoes that are not dangerous. We hope that these warnings will help to improve the effectiveness of your maneuvers in battle.

Matchmaker

Based on your numerous requests, in the upcoming update, we’ve introduced a “soft” limit of 4 destroyers in random battles. This limit comes into effect when the first player in the queue waited for a battle for less than three minutes.

In co-op battles, no more than 4 destroyers and 4 battleships are allowed.

Supply

We’ve introduced a new section called “Supply”. If you log in to the game regularly, you’ll receive rewards. So hurry and claim your reward!

4255b294-c175-11e8-be6c-d89d6715223c_120

Be amongst the first to test the changes we’ve made in 0.7.10! Collect your rewards and share your impressions and feedback with us!

We are happy to present you with the Developer Bulletin for Update 0.7.10. This Update continues the British arc, as well as bringing a lot of exciting novelties to World of Warships. What you get is another month of Royal Navy, new Halloween missions and features, Ranked sprint, and much more!

IMPORTANT! Because the Update is still being tested, the information in this Bulletin is tentative, and reflects the state of game development at the time of its publication. Changes and new features may be removed entirely or implemented differently by the time the Update goes live. Screenshots, specific values of certain characteristics, and details of in-game mechanics will not necessarily be relevant after the Update is released.

Royal Navy and British Destroyers

The Royal Navy event is in full swing in World of Warships. Having taken part in it, players can receive brand new Tier V–VIII British destroyers and be the first to try them out in battle. The remaining British destroyers are undergoing final stages of testing at the moment.

You will not be able to get Sovereigns in the new version, but they can be exchanged for quite an extensive list of valuable rewards. You can also keep accumulating Guineas for Tier VIII Premium destroyer Cossack, making it available with a huge discount.

f4c93d52-c174-11e8-8f4a-d89d6715223c_120

The new Royal Navy phase offers another 4 Stages, with each lasting 1 week. Each Stage has four Directives that contain a specific number of missions to be completed. Having completed a Stage, Directive, or mission, you will receive a corresponding reward, including various game items, Guineas, and new Halloween containers. You can complete the missions simultaneously, but you will only be able to access the next Directive after completing a certain number of missions from the previous one. Missions can be completed simultaneously and across any number of battles, unless indicated otherwise. Don't worry if you are unable to complete something on the fly, because all the Directives are available for completion until the end of the Stage.

Halloween

Halloween Port

The Halloween Port will welcome you with its bewitching mysticism. Its emerald waters, steep cliffs, and a majestic castle suit well the place where the Forces of Darkness reign.

Saving Transylvania and Sunray in the Darkness

This year's celebration of Halloween is set to bring joy to players with the return of familiar operations: Saving Transylvania and Sunray in the Darkness.

f52bdca0-c174-11e8-b2db-d89d6715223c_120

To complete Operation Saving Transylvania, you will have to gather all your courage again and accompany the ship called Transylvania to a place safe from the Forces of Darkness, protecting it from the attacks of catapults and Zikasa ships along the way. However, making it all the way will not mean you are safe, because the meanest enemy awaits you at end—ship Rasputin!

f52b3728-c174-11e8-9a54-d89d6715223c_120

Sunray in the Darkness encourages players to band together against the Dark Forces that strive to break through the open portal. You will be aided by magic security towers, bestowed with power to close the portal again. Your main goal will be to protect them from a host of enemy ships. Repulse the attack of the Forces of Darkness until the portal closes and keep your eyes on the updated and advanced Filth, which will deduct your ship's HP just by touching it. Those who consider themselves die-hard slayers of the restless Forces of Darkness will have a chance to complete the Hard version—to be played in divisions—to forge their spirit in more dire circumstances.

Terror of the Deep

After completing the previous year's operations, get ready for a unique opportunity to complete a fresh operation entitled “Terror of the Deep” on submarines!

f550eab8-c174-11e8-ac15-d89d6715223c_120

Submarines are the long-awaited new type in World of Warships. However, they will be available exclusively in the new operation. While steering this new type, you have to master a new dimension—depth. You will be able to maneuver freely between the water’s surface, periscope depth, and deep waters. Every change in depth will affect your visibility and attack capabilities. You will get a chance to see the beauty of the underwater world and use submersion as a tactical maneuver—you can attack the enemy with your bow armament, and, on some submarines, having passed your enemy underneath, deliver a salvo from the stern.

1cc098b4-c175-11e8-ac15-d89d6715223c_120

Torpedo tubes are going to be your primary weapon on submarines, and each torpedo can be launched independently. Besides this, each submarine can carry different types of torpedoes. In the new operation, there are going to be two of them: “standard” with considerable speed, and that are quite familiar to you from playing on destroyers, and “freezing” torpedoes, which are faster and deal less damage, but when they hit the target ship, disable her with all her systems for a certain period of time.

One should not forget about an entirely new parameter for us, which is the oxygen supply. Keep an eye on its level — your submarines will replenish it at the surface and spend it when they dive. If you run out of oxygen, the submarine will initiate emergency surfacing.

Become familiar with the new type, and break into the World of Darkness. Complete all challenges, with each challenge more difficult than the previous one and face the ultimate foe—Battleship Rasputin. You’ll have a choice of standard or more difficult modes. Select the standard mode if you’d like to get familiar with the new submarine mechanics, while a more difficult variant will allow you to truly immerse yourself in the atmosphere of the game.

New Camouflages

2fd54152-c175-11e8-80ac-d89d6715223c.gif

During the public test only, apart from those from previous Halloween celebration that you enjoyed, you will receive new camouflages for the following ships: North Carolina (Leviathan), Kiev (Razorworm), Z-23 (Steel Rat), and the first animated camouflage in the game—Mogami (Octopus). These camouflages resemble your opponents from the new operation; we hope that they’ll be a welcome surprise for you!

Ranked Sprint

A new format of Ranked battles will become available with the release of the new version, with two short and action-packed seasons, available for Tier V ships in 6х6 and 8х8. Within the season, players will be divided into two leagues: rank 1 to 5, and rank 5 to 10. Join the battle as a Division with 2 players from your league or on your own. One of the special features of this sprint season is that it’s going to be shorter than the main season. The Sea Wolves league will not be available.

4287939a-c175-11e8-a7b4-d89d6715223c_120

Though this new format is intended mostly for the new players, all players are welcome to take part in the Sprint. Team up with your friends and good luck!

Torpedo Warning

A fresh and pleasant change for players will be new torpedo threat detection mechanics. The purpose of these new mechanics is to reduce the number of false torpedo warnings about torpedoes that are not dangerous. We hope that these warnings will help to improve the effectiveness of your maneuvers in battle.

Matchmaker

Based on your numerous requests, in the upcoming update, we’ve introduced a “soft” limit of 4 destroyers in random battles. This limit comes into effect when the first player in the queue waited for a battle for less than three minutes.

In co-op battles, no more than 4 destroyers and 4 battleships are allowed.

Supply

We’ve introduced a new section called “Supply”. If you log in to the game regularly, you’ll receive rewards. So hurry and claim your reward!

4255b294-c175-11e8-be6c-d89d6715223c_120

Be amongst the first to test the changes we’ve made in 0.7.10! Collect your rewards and share your impressions and feedback with us!

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,293 posts
4,256 battles

Ranked at Tier V! Yay!

I knew there was a reason I was hanging on to my Furry Taco and Konigsberg. And yes, I'll even take the Emerald in for S&G. 

I just hope they allow Ranked missions to count for the RN event. It's enough to make me want to leave my Leander captain in the Acasta.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,571 posts
3,751 battles
12 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Ugh..... :Smile_hiding:. I guess this puts us at max 240 Sovereigns earned.

• Angry 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,293 posts
4,256 battles
23 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

You will not be able to get Sovereigns in the new version,

@Gneisenau013: WHAT?

This is unexpected - I think we were all under the impression that they would be both earnable AND spendable until the end of 0.7.10, and you're going to be facing quite a bit of backlash.

(I can see why you did it - maybe there is the possibility that people could win Warspite and then win her over again for doubloons, but still... this is an unexpected and rather unpleasant development.)

• Cool 1

[ML-S]
Members
289 posts
4,141 battles
13 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Kind of makes the next two months of missions seem... worthless.

• Cool 2

[NNC]
[NNC]
Beta Testers
398 posts
5,675 battles
5 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

320, unless you happen to get top 5% in the hall of fame, where you get three extra standard crates per week, adding a potential maximum of 60 sovereigns.

So I'm assuming you cannot win royal navy crates by completing the RN directives in the next update. So, those of you that were wanting to get both Gallant and Warpsite for free are going to have to make a choice. Feel even worse for those that bought the alternative Gallant camo. I expected that we could still earn sovereigns in the next update but that seems like it's not going to happen now. 

I'm honestly pretty vexed about this.

[WOLFB]
Members
451 posts
3,836 battles
44 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

You will not be able to get Sovereigns in the new version

Wow this is not what I expected at all. I very much expected to be winning Sovereigns up until mid-November. I had it all planned out how many I could win by unlocking the T7 British DD as soon as I could and I know what I'm going to be spending those Sovereigns on. This yanks the rug right out from under me.

And I think a whole lot of other people.

I think I tend towards giving Wargaming the benefit of the doubt, but this is some serious [edited]. I really hope this is a mistake in the patch notes because a lot of people have been talking about earning Sovereigns right up to November 13.

Edited by Jester_of_War

[HYDRO]
Members
1,571 posts
3,751 battles
7 minutes ago, Horama said:

Kind of makes the next two months of missions seem... worthless.

By the wording it seems we will be earning Halloween containers. In an Arc devoted to the Royal Navy. Yeah.

Each Stage has four Directives that contain a specific number of missions to be completed. Having completed a Stage, Directive, or mission, you will receive a corresponding reward, including various game items, Guineas, and new Halloween containers.

8 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

@Gneisenau013: WHAT?

This is unexpected - I think we were all under the impression that they would be both earnable AND spendable until the end of 0.7.10, and you're going to be facing quite a bit of backlash.

(I can see why you did it - maybe there is the possibility that people could win Warspite and then win her over again for doubloons, but still... this is an unexpected and rather unpleasant development.)

If I'm not wrong you can only buy one in the Arsenal, so you can only profit in the scenario where you already had them before the event.

Edited by warheart1992

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
21 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Ranked at Tier V! Yay!

I knew there was a reason I was hanging on to my Furry Taco and Konigsberg. And yes, I'll even take the Emerald in for S&G.

I just hope they allow Ranked missions to count for the RN event. It's enough to make me want to leave my Leander captain in the Acasta.

Wow, I am not much of Ranked Player, but I have to agree this interest me.

Hey @Kizarvexis what you think? You think our Clan might be able to form something?

[WOLFB]
Members
211 posts
4,772 battles

Looking forward to T5 ranked but the one thing i'm NOT looking forward to is the Giulio Cesare spam. :fish_palm:

[ARGSY]
Members
6,293 posts
4,256 battles
13 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

By the wording it seems we will be earning Halloween containers. In an Arc devoted to the Royal Navy. Yeah.

It was either overlap them or put the RN destroyers off till 2019, and the latter was simply not acceptable (YMMV). Whatever. If we're winning SOMETHING, I'm okay with that.

I can deal with it - it just means I need to pick my rewards carefully and perhaps do without one that I'd planned on getting (Bert Dunkirk) in order to get another which might benefit me more in the long run (Warspite-derived doubloons to buy Tier IX permacamo).

[WOLFC]
Members
187 posts
5,538 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I can deal with it - it just means I need to pick my rewards carefully and perhaps do without one that I'd planned on getting ,,, in order to get another which might benefit me more ,,,

I was also hoping for a small windfall, but no one was sure how many coins could really be earned ... oh well, onward!

"As a SWAG, I don't think we will be able to earn 420+ sovereigns in game (Warspite and Gallant) and nothing in the article says how many Sovereigns we can earn."

Kizarvexis

chicks.jpg

Edited by DocWalker
spelling
  • Funny 1

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
4,724 posts
15,373 battles

I've asked the devs about this and their response is that Royal Navy containers (and soverigns they give out) will end (no longer be collected via missions) when the 7.10 patch drops. But players can still spend their soverigns for the duration of patch 7.10, ending when patch 7.11 drops.  

In other words, Royal Navy containers and their contents were only intended for 7.9.  Normally, players would be able to spend their sovereigns up until 7.10 drops, however WG has pushed this back a full patch to give players the chance to spend their sovereigns after the event ends, which is quite nice.

The graphic on the Royal Navy page (https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/royal-navy/) shows that each of the stages (and their rewards such as Royal Navy containers) are only part of the 7.9 patch.  

29c67992-b677-11e8-afc5-d89d6715223c_1200x.jpg

It's all a little confusing for me as well, but I hope this helps to clear up some of the confusion.

[NNC]
[NNC]
Beta Testers
398 posts
5,675 battles
1 minute ago, Lord_Zath said:

The graphic on the Royal Navy page (https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/royal-navy/) shows that each of the stages (and their rewards such as Royal Navy containers) are only part of the 7.9 patch.  

Well, the missions/directives/stages will still need to be completed in 0.7.10 and 0.7.11 if people want their Guineas for Cossack.

[-K-]
4,724 posts
15,373 battles
18 minutes ago, Noble_Taipan said:

Well, the missions/directives/stages will still need to be completed in 0.7.10 and 0.7.11 if people want their Guineas for Cossack.

Good point. This isn't at all confusing, is it?  ;)

I've resorted to just logging in and playing the game, then taking a few moments to double-check everything just before a new patch hits.

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Members
451 posts
3,836 battles
16 minutes ago, Lord_Zath said:

To say the graphic only shows "that each of the stages are only part of the 7.9 patch." is misleading. By that same logic the graphic shows that only Stage 3 has any Directives and that only Directive 2 has any missions (which would only yield 15 Sovereigns). But we know that's not the case.

I don't think it is unreasonable at all to interpret the RN Event to yield a potential 480 Sovereigns (more if you have high tier British DDs).

[-K-]
4,724 posts
15,373 battles
Just now, Jester_of_War said:

To say the graphic only shows "that each of the stages are only part of the 7.9 patch." is misleading. By that same logic the graphic shows that only Stage 3 has any Directives and that only Directive 2 has any missions (which would only yield 15 Sovereigns). But we know that's not the case.

I don't think it is unreasonable at all to interpret the RN Event to yield a potential 480 Sovereigns (more if you have high tier British DDs).

Yep it's very confusing, isn't it?

[R-F1]
Members
397 posts
14,441 battles
3 hours ago, Erebthoron said:

Matchmaker

I remember the grief I was given in the forums for suggesting such a limit last year.

Nice to be proven right.

[WOLFB]
Members
451 posts
3,836 battles
2 hours ago, Noble_Taipan said:
2 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

320, unless

Hi @Noble_Taipan -- how do you calculate 320? If that is the case that's not so bad since one free Premium and a commander would be nice. 240 Sovereigns means only the ship.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,293 posts
4,256 battles
4 minutes ago, Jester_of_War said:

how do you calculate 320?

Possibly from getting an early T7/T8 unlock (or buying Cossack outright) and doing the missions for those tiers that give you a premium container/finishing high in Hall of Fame. 

Not accessible to many of us mere mortals/those with family lives or long job hours.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
9,688 posts
7,466 battles
2 hours ago, Noble_Taipan said:

320, unless you happen to get top 5% in the hall of fame, where you get three extra standard crates per week, adding a potential maximum of 60 sovereigns.

So I'm assuming you cannot win royal navy crates by completing the RN directives in the next update. So, those of you that were wanting to get both Gallant and Warpsite for free are going to have to make a choice. Feel even worse for those that bought the alternative Gallant camo. I expected that we could still earn sovereigns in the next update but that seems like it's not going to happen now. 

I'm honestly pretty vexed about this.

5 minutes ago, Jester_of_War said:

Hi @Noble_Taipan -- how do you calculate 320? If that is the case that's not so bad since one free Premium and a commander would be nice. 240 Sovereigns means only the ship.

If you have a T7+ UK DD, early access Jervis, early access Lightning and/or Cossack, you can get 1 RN container and 1 premium RN container extra each week with the Directive III & IV T7+ UK DD Missions. That is 80 extra over the patch, so 320 total. 

ninja'd, but I provided more info @Ensign_Cthulhu :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Kizarvexis
  • Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Members
451 posts
3,836 battles
22 minutes ago, Schindlers_Stink_Fist said:

So are the rest of the UK DDs still planned for 7.10?

3 hours ago, Erebthoron said:

from the Developer Bulletin for Update 0.7.10The remaining British destroyers are undergoing final stages of testing at the moment.

Good question @Schindlers_Stink_Fist. It's not clear at all. Am I spreading scurrilous rumors if I say that maybe they'll get pushed back?