You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Blorgh2017

From the director of Girls und Panzer, comes a new war vehicle anime on... warplanes??

20 comments in this topic

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
2,460 posts
3,390 battles

(The actual trailer starts from 00:11.)

Well, it seems to be a 3D CG based anime, which seems to have some kind of a bad reputation... thanks to that Berserk anime with bad CG... even though an another 3D anime titled Houseki no Kuni  (which has really good CG) should have redeemed it...

Hopefully it's good. :3

Maybe a possible future collab with WoWP? LOL. xD

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,451 posts
8,107 battles

This animation style always looks kinda weird to me. 

It is interesting though that they are using the Ki-43 Hayabusa/Oscar - aka "The Army Zero" given the resemblance. Canopy was wrong for an A6M as well as only IJA planes used that paint scheme along with the black nose stripe. Honestly if using their own planes would expect the A6M to be used, as other things I've seen when they need a old Warplane, that seems to be where they go.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles

Looks interesting, I wish Wargaming would make a whole Tech Tree line of Anime Ships. Each one an all paper, in house design, of each type, tiers 1 -10 and each with its own special voiced Captain. A well balance tree, very few (or none) gimmicks, special Camos and its own Unique Commanders.

• Bad 2

[-AL-]
[-AL-]
Members
663 posts
1,899 battles

Thats ok World of Warplane need some love.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,238 posts
12,778 battles

Huh.

1d7.gif

[SCTFB]
[SCTFB]
Beta Testers
3,982 posts
15,728 battles

I thought it was about pancakes

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
9,688 posts
3,928 battles
1 hour ago, Triela50 said:

pancakes1.gif.c5b569696bedea5b5da69837015af685.gifpancakes2.gif.780020a1b8664c48f12389cdfd13da24.gifpancakes3.gif.f463961d435f2804d83e7572d2730f30.gifPancaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakes!!!!

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,539 posts
4,419 battles

I can see it now: Random rag tag bunch of schoolgirls with aging WW2 Japanese planes take on internationally themed, professional MLG opponents, and beat them anyway because glorious Nippon steel.

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
9,688 posts
3,928 battles
1 hour ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

I can see it now: Random rag tag bunch of schoolgirls with aging WW2 Japanese planes take on internationally themed, professional MLG opponents, and beat them anyway because glorious Nippon steel.

You mean aluminum.

Alpha Tester
686 posts
138 battles
1 hour ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

If it'll be anything like GuP, it'll be a rag-tag team of early WWII planes from all countries (P-40B Warhawk, F2A Buffalo, Bf 109E, Hurricane Mk I, Fiat G.50, Polikarpov I-16, etc, etc) going up against the best the late war has to offer (Hayabusa versus Hayate and Shiden Kai, for starters). How much you wanna bet there'll be a scene where the protag in their Ki-43 somehow manages to take down an Me 262?

In any case, cue up the Ace Combat soundtracks.

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
9,688 posts
3,928 battles

As most ME 262 pilots found out, the hard way, anything can shoot you down when you're landing.

• Cool 1

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,539 posts
4,419 battles

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2018/09/12-1/girls-und-panzer-directors-new-tv-anime-kouya-no-kotobuki-hikoutai-releases-its-1st-teaser

According to director Mizushima's tweets, it will be a hybrid anime produced in 3DCG and hand-drawings. And unlike Girls und Panzer that featured various types of tanks from all over the world, the airplanes to be appeared in the story are all Japanese-made, no foreign fighters, such as German Messerschmitt, will appear. Only fighter currently introduced on the site is Nakajima Ki-43

Hayabusa/Army Type 1 Fighter, which was used by the Imperial Japanese Army Air Force in World

War II.

Nippon... aluminium for all! Folded over 1 thousand times.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
2,460 posts
3,390 battles
47 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

I heard that the Girl und Panzer Das Finale was put on hiatus, because one of the seiyuu is away to study abroad. I believe I heard that it was Katyusha's VA who is away?

I feel like this anime is something they're making to fill in the void in the meantime? I donno, I'm most likely wrong but it's just a feeling. :P

Alpha Tester
686 posts
138 battles
59 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Lights first time, every time. :Smile-_tongue: (Fairly sure later Japanese fighters like the Ki-84 did have armor, though.)

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,769 posts
4,582 battles
On 9/27/2018 at 4:45 AM, Triela50 said:

...maybe it's about flapjacks...:Smile_hiding:

So much for the J8M though...

Beta Testers
9,101 posts

Looking forward to watching this.

Remember my days of flying...

Glorious Nippon Steel folded over a thousand time by the Emperor himself.  Wings sharp like a Katana!