Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Taylor3006

Flexible Premium Time Offered in WoT - EU Server

14 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
5,693 posts
18,273 battles

I just read an interesting Reddit post, here is the link:

This is a great idea and one I hope makes it to WoWS or at least WoT NA. Essentially you are buying tokens that once activated, give you 24 hours of premium time. It is more expensive than normal 30 days of premium but cheaper than buying a day or weekend at a time for 30 days total. In effect you are buying 24 hours premium time in bulk that you have total control over. Players have been asking for something like this for the entire time I have played, lets urge WG NA to add this to the premium shop!

• Cool 2

[DPG]
Members
897 posts
4,438 battles

That would actually be quite amazing.  I usually only buy 30 days at a time because I may not play for several days and knowing that I won't be losing that time would be nice.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,600 posts
3,753 battles

Also XP insurance has been added as an alternate product, letting you get the rewards of a win in a loss for certain numbers of battles.

[PVE]
Members
5,693 posts
18,273 battles
1 minute ago, warheart1992 said:

Also XP insurance has been added as an alternate product, letting you get the rewards of a win in a loss for certain numbers of battles.

I had not seen that, sounds like a great product to bring to WoWS!

[HYDRO]
Members
1,600 posts
3,753 battles
13 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2018/09/23/wot-insurance/

Sorry, it actually is  on NA first, but possibly EU has it as well. Seems like a bit of an expensive option, however it doesn't interfere with the game, nor encourage p2w practices.

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,008 posts
4,451 battles
39 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2018/09/23/wot-insurance/

Sorry, it actually is  on NA first, but possibly EU has it as well. Seems like a bit of an expensive option, however it doesn't interfere with the game, nor encourage p2w practices.

55 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

57 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

i have seen that,it's on wot NA,you are literally paying to lose.if it was a free thing,it would be great,some incentive with daily limits perhaps.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,600 posts
3,753 battles
1 minute ago, Cruxdei said:

i have seen that,it's on wot NA,you are literally paying to lose.if it was a free thing,it would be great,some incentive with daily limits perhaps.

Agreed, 30 bucks for 100 losses is steep. It should be marketed as a little extra to premium time, be tied to it, then have a daily limit as you said.

Since it doesn't affect balance at least it doesn't hurt the game itself much, high price aside.

[PVE]
Members
5,693 posts
18,273 battles
27 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

Paying to lose.....  I tend to do that when I have premium time!

Am a bit of a potato...

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,477 posts
8,148 battles
49 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

Have it activate in a "free" version if you lose x number of battles in a row. So if you say lose 4, go in, lose the 5th, 5th battle ends in a loss that battle is the one that you get the extra rewards for, and they can if they want keep the ones that are pay but insure all losses till it's up. 

[ARGSY]
Members
6,455 posts
4,321 battles

I can see loss insurance resulting in disincentivizing winning play here. Permanent save-a-star behaviour. Not sure we want that.

I do like the idea of manual premium time, though.

[PVE]
Members
5,693 posts
18,273 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I can see loss insurance resulting in disincentivizing winning play here. Permanent save-a-star behaviour. Not sure we want that.

I do like the idea of manual premium time, though.

Dunno, speaking as a sucky player, insurance would be nice.... Course my rates would be HUGE!

The manual premium time is really cool and I do hope it makes it to WoWS.

Members
18,363 posts
5,241 battles
18 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Dunno, speaking as a sucky player, insurance would be nice.... 

Especially when you're grinding FXP or something, and you're loaded up with rare signals/camo.

• Cool 1

Members
2,515 posts
5,500 battles

24 hours is too much - WOW should consider it in 8 hour blocks of access which you can turn on/off at will. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
252 posts
4,449 battles
47 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

. . . The manual premium time is really cool and I do hope it makes it to WoWS.

as long as it makes it to NA, you're good; activate in tanks, exit, enjoy in ships since prem time is shared between all 3 titles

Sign in to follow this