You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Destroyer_KuroshioKai

F3 Shimakaze Ranked Premier League Torpedo Domination and the Gun Lock Bug Explained

8 comments in this topic

Members
1,733 posts
9,882 battles

More F3 Shimakaze madness.  Here's a double DS game.  Later in the game I have a really good example of the dispersion bug.  It pretty much boils down to the game not recognizing you have targeted a ship and you do not receive the accuracy bonus of being locked on the target.  In this example my guns sprayed shells in front, behind, and all around a Republique under 7km from me.  How do you fix it?

Its pretty simple.  Unlock the target and manually relock on target.  This almost always fixes it.

• Cool 3

[WOLF2]
Members
1,334 posts
13,063 battles

Very interesting, excellent video

… especially with the F3s :)

Edited by Commander_367

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,405 posts
9,562 battles

I've had a lot of problems recently with the 'X' lock button. Sometimes, it seems to take 3-5 seconds to respond. This is aggravating when focusing Schnellbots in the Dymamo operation.. Shells fly all over the place until properly locked.

[TARFU]
Members
902 posts
5,922 battles

I think the dev's know about that lock on bug and they're keeping a lid on it because they can't figure out why it's happening... Random intermittent bugs like that must be the worst.

you know that one saying? It's usually stupidity, not malice. Well, Flamu got picked on for saying the Missouri might've been stealth nerfed somehow. This would be a more likely explanation.

EJ

Edited by HorrorRoach

[-K-]
Members
5,269 posts
9,104 battles

Do the F3's reload faster than the typical 12km torps?

[SBS]
Members
2,473 posts
2,253 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

130 seconds for the F3's vs ~150 seconds for the 93's.

Members
1,733 posts
9,882 battles
2 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Basically my build the reload is 100.8 seconds for F3 and I believe 117 seconds for Type 93 Mod 3 not factoring in AR. 

That difference in time does make a difference in certain instances, like the enemy pushing you (you torp around 9.5km depending on how hard they are pushing, fall back a little, smoking up when the torps hit to farm fires, F3s will be ready before they hit hydro range and before your smoke runs out if you do it correctly) or for example games like the one below below where I DS two red BBs pushing my flank and still waiting for my torps to reload for the second drop.  F3s basically boils down to this, they will reward a player that watches the mini map and positions themselves in front of a push, or guys that dont mind getting close.