Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
edna

Must you Nickle and Dime Us Wargaming?

93 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

48
[-TAB-]
[-TAB-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
19 posts
15,235 battles

Dear Wargaming,

over the years i have probably given you a couple hundred of my real dollars in return for fun and engaging gameplay.  BUt every 4-6 months i hate this game and your deceptive penny-ante tactics to squeeze just an extra buck or two out of each player

It is deceptive and underhanded, and it is intentional. It is as unnecessary as it is enraging and it  replaces every hour of enjoyment i have had playing with jut a general sense of being ripped off and taken advantage of, taken for granted... I'm not a player, i'm sheep.
Of course i'm talking about your sneaky "Resupply using in-game currency if unavailable" tickbox in the consumables, camouflage and signals tabs.

If there is a single player that intentionally chooses to burn doubloons this way, i will bet they also have a huge horn growing out of their forehead.

Like 99.99% of your player base, this box is unchecked on every ship and in every tab it exists.

In fact, the only time it is checked is after a patch, when Wargaming enables them all for me.

I am pretty good about going through and unchecking it, but i am not perfect,  i forget, i miss one... i see i have flags to spare so don't notice

Until i look up and see my doubloon total is down 20, 50, 100 gold.  THAT  is when i realise my mistake,  and that Wargaming has picked my pocket again.

I open tickets,  i complain, this should NEVER happen,  and always the response is the same, Wargaming never reimburses doubloons you spend even if by mistake.

Enough is enough. 

Even if i am the only player that gets suckered like this, it is something that i should never have to worry about.

Fellow players, if this has happened to you, reply to this post, if you think its pretty crap way to reward players for spending real money, keep it on the front page.

But this shouldn't happen, i should NEVER be out doubloons like this,  I should never have to double check and see that the game clien t is going to steal from me.  Whatever is patched or updated,  My settings should never default to one that will cost me my E gold.

Doubloons OFF.JPG

Doublons on.JPG

  • Cool 37
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,850
[NGA]
Alpha Tester
9,652 posts
3,924 battles

If I Only Knew

What A Paragraph Was.

Edited by turbo07
fixed
  • Funny 11
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,241
[PVE]
Members
5,597 posts
18,189 battles

I find the words "in game currency" deceptive as well. Which one are they talking about? Doubloons? Credits? I absolutely hate the vague wording when there is no point to so except to farm player's doubloons. It may be intentional, it may not be, but it is awfully suspicious.  

The message options should read "Resupply with doubloons" or "Resupply with credits".

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25
[VVV]
Beta Testers
127 posts
3,394 battles

I would like to see an option to LOCK dubloons until you decide to spend. Nothing resupplied for dubloons unless you unlock it. I doubt WG would be too interested in doing that though.  :Smile_coin:

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
260
[DAKI]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
720 posts
4,147 battles
2 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

I find the words "in game currency" deceptive as well. Which one are they talking about? Doubloons? Credits? I absolutely hate the vague wording when there is no point to so except to farm player's doubloons. It may be intentional, it may not be, but it is awfully suspicious.  

The message options should read "Resupply with doubloons" or "Resupply with credits".

It means both. Whichever you have selected. If you select to use credits on your consumables, it uses those.

The wording is perfectly fine, you're asking for a much more complicated system which quite simply, is not needed while would also look ugly as it'd take up more screen space.

The wording really isn't vague. Combat and Special flags cannot be purchased from the Signals flag section. Economic flags can only be purchased from here with Doubloons. If you have the option checked, it will use the ONLY currency available to purchase them to... Well purchase them.

Some camo CAN be purchased for credits. If you're running said camo, you may select resupply using in-game currency and it will do so!

Premium Consumables can be purchased for either credits or doubloons. Depending on whichever option you select to buy them (use credits), when you select, resupply using ingame currency if unavailable, it'll do so!

It's really not very vague, it's just made to allow a very short simple system to both develope and operate.

  • Cool 4
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,241
[PVE]
Members
5,597 posts
18,189 battles
4 minutes ago, Kaga_Kai_Ni said:

It means both. Whichever you have selected. If you select to use credits on your consumables, it uses those.

The wording is perfectly fine, you're asking for a much more complicated system which quite simply, is not needed while would also look ugly as it'd take up more screen space.

The wording really isn't vague. Combat and Special flags cannot be purchased from the Signals flag section. Economic flags can only be purchased from here with Doubloons. If you have the option checked, it will use the ONLY currency available to purchase them to... Well purchase them.

Some camo CAN be purchased for credits. If you're running said camo, you may select resupply using in-game currency and it will do so!

Premium Consumables can be purchased for either credits or doubloons. Depending on whichever option you select to buy them (use credits), when you select, resupply using ingame currency if unavailable, it'll do so!

It's really not very vague, it's just made to allow a very short simple system to both develope and operate.

The wording is not perfectly fine, it is vague and many of us had to come to the forums to find out what it meant. Not sure how changing the wording of existing drop downs complicates or clutters the screen. That is just silly.

Simplicity is a good thing, comprehensible simplicity is even better. There is zero good reason not to tighten the wording up.

This is not the first post on this topic, there have been several so apparently other players find it confusing.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Members
6 posts
7,347 battles

Lost 25 doubloons for the very same reason before because I just took a ship that I usually don't touch at all into a coop battle :(

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
63
[SSBN]
[SSBN]
Members
302 posts
5,146 battles

I don’t seem to have this problem :Smile_hiding:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
260
[DAKI]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
720 posts
4,147 battles
2 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

The wording is not perfectly fine, it is vague and many of us had to come to the forums to find out what it meant. Not sure how changing the wording of existing drop downs complicates or clutters the screen. That is just silly.

Simplicity is a good thing, comprehensible simplicity is even better. There is zero good reason not to tighten the wording up.

This is not the first post on this topic, there have been several so apparently other players find it confusing.

1

Really depends on what you want. Do you want it to specifically list both credits and doubloons? Because that'd just be silly.
Or would you like it to change based upon what will be used?

The first one would clutter the UI, while the second I'd agree with. However, the issue is, it's extra work (although not a huge amount admittedly) but also extra testing and time that I feel, could be better spent on much more pressing issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,241
[PVE]
Members
5,597 posts
18,189 battles
24 minutes ago, Kaga_Kai_Ni said:

Really depends on what you want. Do you want it to specifically list both credits and doubloons? Because that'd just be silly.
Or would you like it to change based upon what will be used?

The first one would clutter the UI, while the second I'd agree with. However, the issue is, it's extra work (although not a huge amount admittedly) but also extra testing and time that I feel, could be better spent on much more pressing issues.

Oh quit with the cluttered UI argument. One only has to log onto WoT to see what clutter looks like. This is a simple pull down menu with two options, "resupply with credits" and "resupply for doubloons". It would no more cluttered than it is right now and far more informative to players than what exists now.

I agree there are more pressing issues and this is a low priority. That said it is vague, whether it is that way unintentionally or due to malice, that is the real question.

Edit for bathroom thought:  It would be an easy fix just to add the word "selected" to what exists now.  "Resupply with selected in game currency" is for more accurate and leaves no doubt to the wording.

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
260
[DAKI]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
720 posts
4,147 battles
2 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Oh quit with the cluttered UI argument. One only has to log onto WoT to see what clutter looks like. This is a simple pull down menu with two options, "resupply with credits" and "resupply for doubloons". It would no more cluttered than it is right now and far more informative to players than what exists now.

I agree there are more pressing issues and this is a low priority. That said it is vague, whether it is that way unintentionally or due to malice, that is the real question.

And I, like many would much like this to not become like WoT UI.

Why add a drop-down menu for something which.. Already exists...
The only time you have the choice between the two is consumables, and you already have a drop down menu for that which even defaults to credits over doubloons now, so because of that, I highly doubt it's intentional.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,468 posts
6,165 battles

I think those were reset for me a grand total of...... once.   No patch in the last 8+ month have ever reset those to doubloons from silver for me  and for flags I have resupply disabled and it has never been reset.  Outside of when I first started to play - I have never been confused about how to choose silver or doubloons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,241
[PVE]
Members
5,597 posts
18,189 battles

Well I have made it easy on myself, I never use the resupply. Ignoring that signals and premium consumables exist makes it much easier than trying to figure out what Wargaming is trying to communicate. They have a penchant for vague and even misleading wording.  

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,227
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,405 posts
9,562 battles

Actually.... Your money is gone once you pay for Doubloons. You don't get it back. Once the bank payment clears, it's all pixels. Enjoy !!!

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22
[STW-N]
Members
30 posts
5,461 battles

Just have all the resupply check boxes off by default.  People who want to check them will.  

 

To error in favor of going into battle naked or poorer, I choose naked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
60 posts
10,538 battles

I will not go as far as saying it is deceiving.What is currency... Would you be upset if you went in to the arsenal and notice that you steal was missing. It is a form of in game currency. You are using it to buy something with it. You may want to use the word trade but it is still the act of buying something ( Trade Def: the action of buying and selling goods and services.)

My issues is the inconsistency of WG. When there are in game pop up that can not be directly and unambiguously tied to what they are calling out. Look at the the pop up on commander skills and consumables/upgrades. The game is riddled with stumbling, maybe it is the fault of software localization for each geo/language. Having to search to blogs/forums to figure it out is not the answer, for a simple in-game function.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,495 posts
5,479 battles

Too many forms of game currency. When will it stop?

Edited by dionkraft
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
614 posts
5 hours ago, 1FingerSalute said:

I would like to see an option to LOCK dubloons until you decide to spend. Nothing resupplied for dubloons unless you unlock it. I doubt WG would be too interested in doing that though.  :Smile_coin:

This makes perfect sense to me.  Better still, if you have them locked, it should pop a little warning window saying you are spending doubloons on this match, do you accept?  Click Yes and on you go.  Or No and it allows you to unmount.  (How many players spend doubloons on every match?)

I’ve been touching on this since CBT.  It is deceptive and easy to make a mistake if you have ever automatically set resupply and forget to check each thing.  I’ve had to turn all my resupply features off so every time I run my boat I have to add cammo, etc.  It’s a pain and there’s no reason why you shouldn’t be able to lock doubloons if you so choose.  They already nickel and dime us with junk like remounted equipment etc etc. It is very deceptive in my view.

The monthly pricing is fair, and many other aspects.  It’s just these little nickel and dime things that stick in my craw.

3948F9DC-5EA7-4077-A34B-22202E34F163.gif

Edited by Capt_of_Satisfaction
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,323 posts
3,585 battles
5 hours ago, 1FingerSalute said:

I would like to see an option to LOCK dubloons until you decide to spend. Nothing resupplied for dubloons unless you unlock it. I doubt WG would be too interested in doing that though.  :Smile_coin:

Wonder if modders can get this done since Wargaming fails us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
634
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,831 posts
1,327 battles
4 hours ago, gmrbull said:

I don’t seem to have this problem :Smile_hiding:

I guess OP and supporters don't like to pay attention to what is checked or unchecked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25
[TASC]
Members
144 posts
5,815 battles

it happened to me 1 time. after that i never auto resupply anything but the premium camo. 

patch away. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
283
[H_]
Members
786 posts
1 hour ago, dionkraft said:

Too many forms of game currency. When will it stop?

It won't......it's part of the actual revenue stream....  All of the "value gimmicks" are designed to enhance "real spending"....  Otherwise, they'd have no point and create no real value.  WG is banking on (no pun intended) players whom make mistakes, don't understand or just don't care.....   Just about every modern game I've played has similar tactics.... 

These practices will never change and we can expect all sorts of new currencies each and every Campaign they create....  At least, so far, WG has redeemed real value for un-spent gimmick values: i.e. shark tokens.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
781
[NG-NL]
Members
5,015 posts
8,240 battles
7 hours ago, edna said:

Dear Wargaming,

over the years i have probably given you a couple hundred of my real dollars in return for fun and engaging gameplay.  BUt every 4-6 months i hate this game and your deceptive penny-ante tactics to squeeze just an extra buck or two out of each player

It is deceptive and underhanded, and it is intentional. It is as unnecessary as it is enraging and it  replaces every hour of enjoyment i have had playing with jut a general sense of being ripped off and taken advantage of, taken for granted... I'm not a player, i'm sheep.
Of course i'm talking about your sneaky "Resupply using in-game currency if unavailable" tickbox in the consumables, camouflage and signals tabs.

If there is a single player that intentionally chooses to burn doubloons this way, i will bet they also have a huge horn growing out of their forehead.

Like 99.99% of your player base, this box is unchecked on every ship and in every tab it exists.

In fact, the only time it is checked is after a patch, when Wargaming enables them all for me.

I am pretty good about going through and unchecking it, but i am not perfect,  i forget, i miss one... i see i have flags to spare so don't notice

Until i look up and see my doubloon total is down 20, 50, 100 gold.  THAT  is when i realise my mistake,  and that Wargaming has picked my pocket again.

I open tickets,  i complain, this should NEVER happen,  and always the response is the same, Wargaming never reimburses doubloons you spend even if by mistake.

Enough is enough. 

Even if i am the only player that gets suckered like this, it is something that i should never have to worry about.

Fellow players, if this has happened to you, reply to this post, if you think its pretty crap way to reward players for spending real money, keep it on the front page.

But this shouldn't happen, i should NEVER be out doubloons like this,  I should never have to double check and see that the game clien t is going to steal from me.  Whatever is patched or updated,  My settings should never default to one that will cost me my E gold.

Doubloons OFF.JPG

Doublons on.JPG

Non-issue.

Just make a habit of checking the auto-resupply on your ship before battle. Premium consumables I use a lot, so spend credits. For signal flags, since purchase is dubloons only, I always check that the checkbox is empty.

Not a problem on WG's end, but then again, I'm attentive to details. That is where the problem comes from. After accidentally hitting spacebar quickly to retrain a captain, yes, I was surprise it ate 500 dubloons and I opened a ticket--WG said nope, accidental spending can't be reversed.

I took the pay-attention hint seriously ever since.

  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
844
[SBS]
Members
2,463 posts
2,253 battles
3 hours ago, CylonRed said:

I think those were reset for me a grand total of...... once.   No patch in the last 8+ month have ever reset those to doubloons from silver for me  and for flags I have resupply disabled and it has never been reset.  Outside of when I first started to play - I have never been confused about how to choose silver or doubloons.

I thought I had all of the boxes unchecked, not need to be anal about checking anymore.  Then I played a ship that I hadn't played in a long time.  Yep, they go me because I didn't bother to check. 

4 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

The wording is not perfectly fine, it is vague and many of us had to come to the forums to find out what it meant.

I agree.  Anytime you spending what is real world money there needs to be a very clear distinction from other in game currencies.

17 minutes ago, landedkiller said:
6 hours ago, 1FingerSalute said:

I would like to see an option to LOCK dubloons until you decide to spend. Nothing resupplied for dubloons unless you unlock it. I doubt WG would be too interested in doing that though.  :Smile_coin:

Wonder if modders can get this done since Wargaming fails us.

I don't know if that would even be possible.  If it was I have a feeling WG would make so it wasn't in the very next patch.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48
[-TAB-]
[-TAB-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
19 posts
15,235 battles

Well,

for all of you that don't have this issue, Well done.

 

For those that say I just need to check every time,  missed the point. Which is, I check regularly, I never set this option. And yet it regularly gets re-enabled against my will.  when My settings are changed without my knowledge or consent I get burned occasionally.  Kudos to you if you're more alert.

 

And I disagree,  I should never need to check once I set something it should remain off.  if there's a patch  that resets anything in the UI, it should reset everything to OFF by default. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×