You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ramsalot

Finally made 750k free XP, what next?

24 comments in this topic

Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles

Got back to 750k after Missouri, Nelson, Musashi, and Kronshtadt.  If they release both Alaska and Jean Bart for free XP, there is more grinding to be had, argh...

AScm4VI.jpg

Edited by Ramsalot

Beta Testers
2,983 posts
4,352 battles

both at the same time?perhaps

i would get jean bart first.

Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles
2 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

I would probably get Jean Bart first as well.  I really liked Richelieu, and I think Kronshtadt compares favorably to Alaska from what I have seen in the videos so far.  Alaska is too pretty to pass, but I am not looking forward to grinding another 750k without all the cool signals I no longer have.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,315 posts
13,032 battles
1 hour ago, Cruxdei said:

I just wanna know when, so I can use some of the the xp for other things

[WOLF3]
Members
6,386 posts
2,377 battles

Save it until Minty Mo comes around again on the guitar. 

Oh, wait .. 

[-K-]
Members
5,235 posts
9,092 battles

There may also be Bourgogne as well.....

Members
1,834 posts
17,604 battles
5 hours ago, Cruxdei said:

5 hours ago, Ramsalot said:

I would probably get Jean Bart first as well.

I'm about 15k away myself & If they both get released at the same time I will wait until I have enough for both in case they decide to pull 1 for some reason or another I will have the chance to get it instead of missing out on it because I already spent it on the other.

4 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Save it until Minty Mo comes around again on the guitar. 

…& this time w/4 part harmony & feeling.

1 minute ago, Ace_04 said:

There may also be Bourgogne as well.....

As that's T10 I think that 1 will probably be another coal ship in arsenal.

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
1,440 posts
1,669 battles

That sure is a lonely Doubloon you have there!    

[FACT]
Members
401 posts
3,935 battles

@Ramsalot, great catching you in Arms Race the other evening and getting the win. :cap_cool:

WG, needs to do something about these upcoming ships. These "Special currency" ships are B.S. :etc_swear:

Sitting on 6.3 million Free XP and growing daily. Same with Credits (333 million). Waiting for something good. Probably will be until the day the game goes under. :Smile_sceptic:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,783 posts
10,545 battles

Sitting on 1,139,307 FXP (used a little recently). I am not doing anything further with it however until I hear how the new T10 French BB, T9 Jean Bart, and T9 Alaska will be sold. I don't believe the T10 BB will be a FXP ship . That will probably be Coal or Steel. Praying for Coal so I have a chance at it as I won't if it is Steel. I think Jean Bart and Alaska will be FXP and/or Coal.

Order I would want the 3...

1. T10 BB
  2. Alaska
  3. Jean Bart

So until I know how they will be released a hold is going on my FXP use and I will just keep stockpiling it. Already got Missouri, Musashi, Kronshtadt, and even Nelson so no pressing need to use the FXP other than upgrading modules on new ships and I only have some DD lines to finish as I am done with BB and Cruisers. So I can wait and hoard LOL.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[RKN]
Beta Testers
991 posts
8,986 battles

Jean Bart will be the better ship. Sub 23s reload with MBM3 (below 12s with the booster), better armor, harder hitting guns, and speed boost. It’s really a game balance breaking ship. 

Edited by SavageTactical

Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles
36 minutes ago, RA6E_ said:

That sure is a lonely Doubloon you have there!    

That’s WG’s fault.  I almost never buy doubloons, I believe last time I got any was to buy the only space skin I have (Paris looked lovely, and I did not have perma camo for Republique).  But these anniversary super containers did drop something like 1,500 doubloons for me, and once my economy signals started to drop to zero the auto fill signals feature started to eat into doubloons.  When I saw that I just immediately converted all doubloons into free XP (well except one, to remind me I had doubloons at some point).

• Cool 1

[WOLF6]
Members
141 posts
3,878 battles

sitting on 1.1 million FXP,  lots of coal and waiting in the corner for a release.

[BNKR]
Members
709 posts
704 battles
4 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

That’s WG’s fault.  I almost never buy doubloons, I believe last time I got any was to buy the only space skin I have (Paris looked lovely, and I did not have perma camo for Republique).  But these anniversary super containers did drop something like 1,500 doubloons for me, and once my economy signals started to drop to zero the auto fill signals feature started to eat into doubloons.  When I saw that I just immediately converted all doubloons into free XP (well except one, to remind me I had doubloons at some point).

Are you aware that you can shut that off? Some folks don't know and end up losing a lot of doubloons. 

Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles
6 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

Are you aware that you can shut that off? Some folks don't know and end up losing a lot of doubloons. 

When I tried to play around with that, I ended up having to manually set up signals before every game, and it proved extremely annoying.  Maybe they patched it so you can make it not to spend doubloons - I did not check since I don’t have enough doubloons to lose.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,386 posts
2,377 battles

Under the Enable button for Auto-mount there is a checkbox for "Refill using in-game currency".  Leave enabled and uncheck that box, and you won't auto-buy.  Gotta do it for each ship, though.

[NEIN]
Beta Testers
582 posts
6,064 battles
17 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Under the Enable button for Auto-mount there is a checkbox for "Refill using in-game currency".  Leave enabled and uncheck that box, and you won't auto-buy.  Gotta do it for each ship, though.

The fact that it automatically turns on to use premium currency is complete garbage though.  It should be an option, but not the default setting.  I agree that this particular instance is sketchy as all hell by WG to do.  Be very careful when it concerns your money and in game choices, the design is not in your favor when it comes to making educated decisions.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,779 posts
6,788 battles
9 hours ago, Ramsalot said:

Got back to 750k after Missouri, Nelson, Musashi, and Kronshtadt.  If they release both Alaska and Jean Bart for free XP, there is more grinding to be had, argh...

AScm4VI.jpg

Personally, I'm waiting for Alaska. Gameplay will most likely be somewhat unique, plus it's a real ship. 

[ARGSY]
Members
6,225 posts
4,189 battles
11 hours ago, Ramsalot said:

Got back to 750k after Missouri, Nelson, Musashi, and Kronshtadt. 

Maybe your post title should have included the word "again". I was all set to ask you whether you wanted a Tier IX Scharnhorst with immunity to Asashio or a Tier IX Yamato with poorer AA, but you've got all that covered. :Smile_teethhappy: :Smile_coin: