You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
mustangman6579

Since when has the Montana fired AP from it's secondaires?

13 comments in this topic

[5D3]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,156 posts
4,404 battles

As the title states. For a VERY long time my monty has fired HE. Now as of today, I see AP being fired out of it. Making my HE flags worthless. 

[STURM]
Members
301 posts
2,899 battles

Not quite sure what you mean. I just checked in game and the game still says HE. Granted, I try not to let anything get so close to me that my secondaries do fire, but I do recall setting a few fires with them every so often.

[5D3]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,156 posts
4,404 battles
36 minutes ago, Baskerville77 said:

Not quite sure what you mean. I just checked in game and the game still says HE. Granted, I try not to let anything get so close to me that my secondaries do fire, but I do recall setting a few fires with them every so often.

You are correct it does, but the shells being fired on my screen are blue and seem to just bounce. Odd. Maybe I have a mod screwing with me 

[STURM]
Members
301 posts
2,899 battles
48 minutes ago, mustangman6579 said:

You are correct it does, but the shells being fired on my screen are blue and seem to just bounce. Odd. Maybe I have a mod screwing with me 

I think WG makes the secondary shells a slightly different color than both AP and HE main battery shells so you can keep track of where your aim is putting your shells more easily.

In fact, thinking on it more, I believe that the two different types of secondary shells on the G.K. are slightly different colors from each other, as well as the main battery, and those are both HE.

As for the bouncing, I don't know. It might be a mod, or your eyes might just be getting a bit stressed following everything that's going on. Can't help you there, sorry.

[HEROS]
Members
1,428 posts
12,017 battles

or one other possibility...  Monitor going south on you.  I only bring this up because I just had a monitor die on me today.. the stench of polyvinyl cl-orate it still strong in my room.. (monitors power supply burned out!)horrid smell!  But before it went color saturation and hues went a little wierd.. not alot, just a little...wierd.  And then the magic smoke and stink got out.  I am an electronic tech of the old school(USAF in the 70's) and other then some improvements in the type of circuitry they still work the same way. The difference is today you don't repair them, you just replace them.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
792 posts
4,781 battles
3 hours ago, TL_Warlord_Roff said:

the magic smoke and stink got out

This statement

3 hours ago, TL_Warlord_Roff said:

I am an electronic tech of the old school

makes this statement redundant.  When those sparky pixies escape everybody has a bad day.

Montana secondaries remain HE-only as far as I, Shipcomrade or the Wiki are aware.  I have seen what you're describing in game (albeit with significant amounts of more from Massachusetts) and believe it's just the secondary tracers showing differently than main battery.

-R

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,405 posts
9,562 battles

Page Three of the battle report... please. Ships like the Nagato have Both HE and AP secondaries. Montana is purely HE.

Members
1,610 posts
3,573 battles

Well I mean,  first observation is that those secondaries are starting fires sooo...HE.  Second is that,  and someone correct me if I am wrong,  but aren't those tracer colors a sign of Halsey?

[WOLFB]
Members
1,725 posts
8,254 battles

Last time I chased a Montana with my Henri, his secondaries started a fire on my ship so no, Monty secondaries does shoot HE

[TBOW]
Members
211 posts
1,906 battles

A lot of times my Massachusetts shells look AP, not sure why because they still set fires but I don't really care as long as I get close quarters expert

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,094 posts
14,497 battles

It fires HE for Secondaries.  Trust me.  I fruitlessly tried a Secondaries Build Montana.  You are running mods also OP and mods that also change appearance of your shell tracers, because that isn't AP tracers.

My game is Vanilla.  This is Montana secondaries going off.  HE tracers.

GTDcmdo.jpg

If you were ever in any doubt, look at your Detailed Report.

rNXEfVc.jpg

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway