You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

I was dead....

15 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,862 posts
13,078 battles

T10....GK.  Pushed nicely to cover a cap, and things seemed to be going well between me and the enemy ships.  Then...out of the blue..not one..not two...not three....but four squadrons..SBD and TBD.  And all four were coming for me.  Hard over.  Designate  the TBDs.  This is bad.  I'm out of position.  He's got the angles.  Hard over.  No use.  I'm either deleted or severely crippled after this run.  Just hope for the best.  And then...again...out of the blue.  A strafe run by friendlies.  And...all gone.  SBDs  TBDs.  Gone...in just a few seconds.  Wow.  Not a scratch.  LoL.

dead.thumb.jpg.042270d23cf0cbada912faef1dddae4e.jpg

[5D3]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,156 posts
4,445 battles
Just now, J30_Reinhardt said:

And people wonder why carriers are getting reworked lol

this. I hate CV play. 

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
4 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

And people wonder why carriers are getting reworked lol

The irony of the statement is that this was the epitome of why carriers are fine... The attack strike could have wiped out a GK... The fighters neutralized the threat accordingly. 

Only good captains on both sides can achieve it. 

The fact that people are too lazy to learn the interface is why carriers are being reworked- not because at their fundamental level when played properly that they can't balance each other out.

Edited by _ENO_
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
9,718 posts
3,941 battles
9 minutes ago, _ENO_ said:

Only good captains in certain situations that present itself can abuse a mechanic that shouldn't have ever been in the game in the first place. And then there'd be less of a need for a rework.

Imagine if a ship with guns had an instant I win button that would take out your guns for the rest of the match. View it like that since currently there's limited planes. The limit was a good idea until they put that crap in.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,110 posts
43 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

T10....GK.  Pushed nicely to cover a cap, and things seemed to be going well between me and the enemy ships.  Then...out of the blue..not one..not two...not three....but four squadrons..SBD and TBD.  And all four were coming for me.  Hard over.  Designate  the TBDs.  This is bad.  I'm out of position.  He's got the angles.  Hard over.  No use.  I'm either deleted or severely crippled after this run.  Just hope for the best.  And then...again...out of the blue.  A strafe run by friendlies.  And...all gone.  SBDs  TBDs.  Gone...in just a few seconds.  Wow.  Not a scratch.  LoL.

dead.thumb.jpg.042270d23cf0cbada912faef1dddae4e.jpg

Actually, you did die. Had you lived a good and virtuous life you would be receiving a harp and wings right now. Upon examination of the record however, I must regretfully inform you that you are destined for a somewhat warmer climate. Here is your accordion.

[WORX]
Members
1,892 posts
12,982 battles
24 minutes ago, _ENO_ said:

The fact that people are too lazy to learn the interface is why carriers are being reworked-

^^^^ I disagree with this argument. Its not out of laziness, because of the "balance" changes like 

• adding strafe attacks for fighters
  • weakening of the US CV line
  • Manual drop mechanic.

I would make the argument its these in game factors, CVs are being reworked.  On the business side, it makes sense to include Console peasants to CV play. 

On a more personal lvl, I think RTS games have been on a decline ever since C&C. That is my opinion, but laziness na.

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,008 posts
4,451 battles
2 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

On a more personal lvl, I think RTS games have been on a decline ever since C&C. That is my opinion, but laziness na.

one thing i can agree,and i love RTS. i fear age of empires 4 will follow the moba route,just like dawn of war 3(i fear the series got destroyed because of that).

wows CV is a mix of RTS with "shooter",and..that's not a good mix.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,498 posts
2,448 battles
2 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

I love this game!

Members
1,617 posts
3,582 battles
2 hours ago, _ENO_ said:

The irony of the statement is that this was the epitome of why carriers are fine... The attack strike could have wiped out a GK... The fighters neutralized the threat accordingly. 

The fact that people are too lazy to learn the interface is why carriers are being reworked- not because at their fundamental level when played properly that they can't balance each other out.

...you...you seriously think that A:  lining up a LINE is difficult and B: that said lining up of said line should be able to eliminate FOUR squadrons at the same time.  Carriers are NOT fine,  and they have not been fine for a long,  long time.  Everyone knew it.  You just had some people who tamed and enjoyed the broken-ness.  I feel bad for those people,  I do.  I personally wanted them to just refine the system and balance it,  but the system was certainly not 'fine' as it was.

[HEROS]
Members
1,431 posts
12,102 battles
1 hour ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

Only good captains in certain situations that present itself can abuse a mechanic that shouldn't have ever been in the game in the first place. And then there'd be less of a need for a rework.

Imagine if a ship with guns had an instant I win button that would take out your guns for the rest of the match. View it like that since currently there's limited planes. The limit was a good idea until they put that crap in.

You sir have obviously never driven a DD! Happens to we DD drivers all to often. And speaking of one shotting. One "Murphy Von Mauler" a rather infamous unicum  CV captain who's acquaintance I made one day after during a match when I dropped 7 out of 12 shells from a Fuso's guns on him at about 22 km... One moment blythy sailing along managing his air group and having a good seal clubbing ..the next staring in shock at the monitor!

One shots happen..just ask the captain of the HMS Hood!

And I did say DD captain... I've lost count how many times I've deep sixed a BB or cruiser or been deep sixed by a BB or cruiser in one salvo of torps outgoing or one salvo of shells incoming!

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,862 posts
13,078 battles
6 hours ago, El_Cid_333 said:

I hope you shared some good karma with that CV captain.

Everyone should be told when they've done a good job.:cap_like:

Oh...yes...I did.  An immediate thank you on the Rose.  And a karma tic at conclusion.