You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
outwardpanicjoe

USS West Virginia historical videos 2 perspectives

14 comments in this topic

[SF-E]
Beta Testers
1,001 posts
4,089 battles

USS West Virginia is a Special ship to me mostly because it is my states battle-wagon. WV , and along with the other ships of Battleship row that where  repaired and reentered the war helped represent a burning Phoenix of rebirth to these ships. With Wee Vee being a possible Tier 6 BB coming into the game (tho Im hoping for a tier 7 with the refit of some sort would be nice, but will see what happens with that) I figured it would be a good time to post these video showing the perspective of 2 people during pear harbor attack on the Wee Vee. 

https://youtu.be/36X4KFfILvI?t=4m51s  <USS West Virginia video how the crew counter flooded the Wee Vee

• Cool 6

Beta Testers
2,993 posts
4,421 battles

a half naked man rescuing survivors at WV and a japanese pilot not excited about the war.

maybe now,as a foreigner,i can understand why the NA playerbase didn't like the current situation of tier6 WV.

the pilot was right,the speed the ww2 usa managed to refloat those ships was amazing,to tell the truth,ww2 usa industrial production was amazing,almost super human.

Edited by Cruxdei
  • Cool 1

[SF-E]
Beta Testers
1,001 posts
4,089 battles
1 hour ago, Cruxdei said:

a half naked man rescuing survivors at WV and a japanese pilot not excited about the war.

maybe now,as a foreigner,i can understand why the NA playerbase didn't like the current situation of tier6 WV.

the pilot was right,the speed the ww2 usa managed to refloat those ships was amazing,to tell the truth,ww2 usa industrial production was amazing,almost super human.

True the productionwas pretty impressive the fastest build liberty ship that was built from scratch only took 4 days and 15 hours to complete. And these where still large ship they are basically bogues with out the carrier top.

Members
4,827 posts
5,599 battles

Very interesting videos, especially the one from the Japanese pilot! It's always interesting to hear the thoughts of those from the opposite side of a war. It really must have been something for him and any pilots that had survived to that point from the Pearl Harbor attack to see those battleships sailing the seas again.

• Cool 1

[SF-E]
Beta Testers
1,001 posts
4,089 battles
4 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Very interesting videos, especially the one from the Japanese pilot! It's always interesting to hear the thoughts of those from the opposite side of a war. It really must have been something for him and any pilots that had survived to that point from the Pearl Harbor attack to see those battleships sailing the seas again.

Thanks I'm glad you liked them. 

Members
326 posts
31 battles
16 hours ago, GhostSwordsman said:

I was stationed with the 25th ID in Schofield Barracks HI in 92 for the 50th anniversary of Pearl Harbor. I remember walking around and talking to as many veterans I could, listening to their stories. One vet of the Nevada got me on the Nevada SSBN 733 by telling them I was his son. I talked to a few of the Japanese Vets and heard some of their stories. As a history buff it was the greatest day of my life.  

[SF-E]
Beta Testers
1,001 posts
4,089 battles
1 hour ago, Theokolese said:

I was stationed with the 25th ID in Schofield Barracks HI in 92 for the 50th anniversary of Pearl Harbor. I remember walking around and talking to as many veterans I could, listening to their stories. One vet of the Nevada got me on the Nevada SSBN 733 by telling them I was his son. I talked to a few of the Japanese Vets and heard some of their stories. As a history buff it was the greatest day of my life.  

Nice ! That's sounds awesome!

[-S-R-]
Members
325 posts
7,314 battles
5 hours ago, outwardpanicjoe said:

I misread that as burp for a second XD my bad carry on. 

LOL.  Seriously though...these are EXCELLENT videos.

[RST]
[RST]
Members
172 posts
14,939 battles

One of my Uncles was there during the bombing and lost his leg. He always joked about his leg and the first time I remember meeting him. He did the leg pulling joke. 

[SF-E]
Beta Testers
1,001 posts
4,089 battles
7 minutes ago, Shadewe said:

One of my Uncles was there during the bombing and lost his leg. He always joked about his leg and the first time I remember meeting him. He did the leg pulling joke. 

o nice ! im glade people are coming out and tell some stories its great.