You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sir_Davos_Seaworth

Lost my little buddy, and I'm sooo tired..

49 comments in this topic

[BBICT]
Members
3,379 posts
3,573 battles

Our cat Mikey died this morning after a sudden illness. We rescued him from the Pet Smart cat adoption area 9 years ago. All my wife wanted was dog food, LOL. But this big orange fluff ball was trying to break down the glass to get to my kids so he could go home with them...and home he went. 

He was the best cat. He loved kids, and never bit or scratched one, even when it would have been legit self defence. He even put up with our dogs while in their "crazy puppy" stage, and again never acted out in anger. 

He took two unplanned moves in stride, only busting out of the house and jumping into the van just to make sure we didn't forget him. 

If he had a vice, it was that he loved catnip a little to much, LOL. 

I had to bury him at 0300 hours in the rain, without Sam and Dean Winchester to help me dig. It was the least I could do, and it doesn't even come close to feeling like enough. 

I manged to get a couple hours of sleep, but wife and kids are a wreak and stayed up the rest of night and watched Liv and Maddie trying to take their minds off him. 

I'm bushed. I have no idea how I got through work today. I might play a bit, mostly to get MY mind off of things, but I don't think I'll be setting any records, LOL...

Thanks for letting me vent.

R.I.P. Mikey

i7ZOzFi.jpg

Edited by Sir_Davos_Seaworth
  • Cool 14

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,239 posts
4,807 battles

My schnauzer Sophie and I send our heartfelt condolences to you. Pets become like children to us and their loss is very difficult. All our best to you and your family! :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

Members
2,512 posts
5,500 battles

Yeah..I had one orange cat like yours....so playful and full of life....Its tough situation when they go off across that Rainbow Bridge.  Remember the good memories..thats what keeps Mikey alive within you..

• Cool 2

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,465 posts
11,805 battles

I know the pain.

I've had 17 cats.

Currently have 4.

The loss of a beloved pet is so hard to take, because they love you and now there is no love...

Stuck close to the rest of your family.

Eventually it gets better.

My heart goes out to you and your family...

• Cool 1

[SF-A]
Members
2,902 posts
5,722 battles

While it's grim at the time, the death of a pet can be a good thing for your family in the long run. Firstly, it can teach your kids that nothing lasts forever, instilling a priceless appreciation of the here and now. More importantly however, it can help kids deal with serious loss better. When I was a kid, losing my cat was a disaster, but it helped me cope when people lost their lives. Death is never easy, but it can be a little less cruel if you let people get accustomed to it a little. This has been my experience at least...

Try and make the best of it, and remember the fluffy guy!

:Smile_honoring:

Edited by pewpewpew42
  • Cool 1

[BBICT]
Members
3,379 posts
3,573 battles

Thanks guys. I really mean that. Tomorrow will be better I know, so I'll think I'll go to bed for now...thanks again.. :Smile_medal:

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,134 posts
7,663 battles

I'm cuddlin' my fur baby extra hard tonight.  I'm sorry for your loss. :Smile_sad:

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
6,487 posts
2,439 battles
1 hour ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Our cat Mikey died this morning

I have felt your pain.  I have had many cats, and many deaths, but some are special, and terrible.  Tigger was special, and orange (shorthair).  I took him and his big buddy Spot the Wonder Cat to the v-e-t for a regular checkup.  Both big, healthy, contented boy cats.  Dr. Johnson was stunned!  Spot he diagnosed with cancer of the iris.  Spot lost his eye yet lived to a ripe old age.  Tigger (one of my all-time favorite cats) had a mass in his chest wall.  He lived nearly three more months until the time came to relieve his pain.  It was like losing a child.  I still get emotional.  My wife, bless her, didn't lose it so I had only myself to deal with. 

Trust me.  I'm serious.  Get another cat, or better two kittens.  It's the only thing that will help.  God bless you and your family.  And Mikey.

[AXANR]
Members
3,370 posts
16,686 battles

My cat literally saved my life, just by loving me enough that it carried me through a dark time. Anyone who thinks they can't be as important as any other family member is full of it. I'm so sorry. :(

• Cool 1

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,473 posts
8,148 battles

Sorry to hear it. My grandmother had a grey cat called Foxy, only cat I've ever really liked, who when I was born and parents were staying at her house acted like my own personal guard dog. Sat at the top of the stairs, only let certain people come up, any other cat that tried to get near me got smacked back down stairs. And the one time a cat got near me and did something he chased them down the stairs to a corner and beat the crap out of them. Always slept near me and curled with on the couch which, as a baby, did not sit well with my superstitious Irish grandmother. But he had an accident when he got older so they just had to put him down instead. I did not take the news well despite being quite a bit older. 

And the picture reminds me of our family cat Apollo we got to deal with the mice that all the other cats in the neighborhood chased here. Got him 8 years ago after my Grandfather passed away and well, my relationship with the cat is.....complicated. If you've "Star Trek:TNG" when Data has Worf look after his cat, that's pretty much me, Worf - I will give him treats, and water. My personality can also be about the same as well. Which because I do not shower him with affection, he tends to act like the annoying little brother that wants attention. And has a thing for jumping to higher places, less so now with a bit of age, and looking at me like "see, I'm the tall one now" (as I'm about 6'4" making me tallest of the house), and well, were both effectively gingers. I actually am, he kind of is. Though, he actually hates catnip. Tried to get him to sleep in his bed he actually tore the catnip out and ran around with the bed on top of him like a turtle. He slept in it once for like, 2 hours. His thing is the cat treats, he's seriously an addict. And when he runs out he takes it out on me even though I'm far from his biggest enabler, and not the one who doesn't enable him. 

It's not a day I want to think about, losing my grandfather really kinda screwed me up, and I have no idea how I'm gonna react that day, and said Irish grandmother 2 years ago did not help. Actually part of why if I seem frustrated, angry, or outright hostile when it comes to mentioning Warplanes, or feeling this game is taking bad things from it, WoWp after 2-3 years was the first game I really played and rekindled my love of gaming after my grandfather died. More concerned how my sister will take it though, she wanted a pet forever, mainly a cat, but my allergies couldn't really have one, till obviously we had to, and she loves him to pieces. They really can just make a space for themselves in the family, especially after a long time.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,696 posts
9,112 battles

Our pets give us so much while asking for so little in return.

• Cool 1

Members
2,482 posts
2,336 battles

Losing a pet is hard and having to dig it's grave is rough. I know the feeling. My condolences and a toast to cat man.

[BBICT]
Members
3,379 posts
3,573 battles

Thanks again gang. :Smile_Default: 

As far as getting another cat, well, we still have two others, and they are both a little our of sorts as you can imagine...so I think its best to wait a bit on that.. 

[PSP]
Members
6,346 posts
8,968 battles

Sorry to hear about your cat. We do get attached to the "varmints" that show up in our lives. The closest I've seen my Dad to crying was when he had to have an old barn cat put down. The thing showed up with a hole in its leg, only one ear and one fang, and covered with battle scars after a life as a stray tomcat. Dad fed it and petted it, though it bit him every time, and it became his favorite cat until its health got so bad it had to be taken for its final trip to the vet.

Edited by Snargfargle

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,063 posts
12 hours ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Our cat Mikey died this morning after a sudden illness. We rescued him from the Pet Smart cat adoption area 9 years ago. All my wife wanted was dog food, LOL. But this big orange fluff ball was trying to break down the glass to get to my kids so he could go home with them...and home he went. 

He was the best cat. He loved kids, and never bit or scratched one, even when it would have been legit self defence. He even put up with our dogs while in their "crazy puppy" stage, and again never acted out in anger. 

He took two unplanned moves in stride, only busting out of the house and jumping into the van just to make sure we didn't forget him. 

If he had a vice, it was that he loved catnip a little to much, LOL. 

I had to bury him at 0300 hours in the rain, without Sam and Dean Winchester to help me dig. It was the least I could do, and it doesn't even come close to feeling like enough. 

I manged to get a couple hours of sleep, but wife and kids are a wreak and stayed up the rest of night and watched Liv and Maddie trying to take their minds off him. 

I'm bushed. I have no idea how I got through work today. I might play a bit, mostly to get MY mind off of things, but I don't think I'll be setting any records, LOL...

Thanks for letting me vent.

R.I.P. Mikey

i7ZOzFi.jpg

:Smile_sad:They're like children that don't leave  Precious Little Ones every one of them  I've had five in thirty five years and the loss of each was like somebody had amputated a part of me..   My latest I've had for about eight years and he was already  over eighteen his persn had to into rehab and his EX  decided to take care of his affairs whilst he was gone and was about to haul Jack to the pound and as old as he was they wouldn't have given him a chance,    I   was staying with my younger sister at the time and over the next month n a half he went from person to person hoping someone would accept him in the end I was last choice and he left me none.   Now his back legs are collapsing at times and much as it will rip my heart out I'm afraid the time is getting close that I'll have have him put  down and I'll no longer have him getting as close as he can whilst staring up at me.   And tho it will sound like I'm  totally heartless When that does happen I'm gonna look for another old one that No One Else Give a Chance.   Better that I give one a chance that no one else will............................................

12 hours ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

My condolences. They become family. May Mikey RIP with all the catnip

:Smile_sad:

12 hours ago, dionkraft said:

Yeah..I had one orange cat like yours....so playful and full of life....Its tough situation when they go off across that Rainbow Bridge.  Remember the good memories..thats what keeps Mikey alive within you..

:Smile_sad:  PS he's a grey tabby

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Cool 1