You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
OttoVonPrien

Whats going on with Coops?

61 comments in this topic

[KMS]
Beta Testers
43 posts
10,176 battles

I play all modes but right now trying to train up commanders in low tiers coops for the British DDs on way. Since yesterday's patch cant win a low tier coop not even tier one and I have an 8 kill game on record so am no tomato. Have the bots damage done been cranked UP? been taking a lot more max damage for hits.

example tr1 4 bots, no problem right? wrong last man standing against 6 ships killed 5, next game tr 3 no bots on team, last man standing against 7 killed 5, next game tr 2 last man against 5, couldn't lick the 2 DDs and CA sitting on my cap invisible, almost but..Have the Bots been made better? also seeing lots players with 25-50% coop wr rates, never in 3 years seen that. guy with 25% wr had 25+ games all tr 1-3.

Has there been a programing "FIX" to make coops harder? or is this just a weird conjunction of the planets? Or just  the massive influx of little kids we have seen since school started back up. Also have seen lots of guys registered for 3 years but only 100-200 games playing ruining mid tier rands.

Lots of people just play this game for fun in low tier coops and this has been no fun for anyone. Coops are a large part of my enjoyment But--I have 7 tr 10s and play Clan Battles also. so bashers put down the clubs.  

so again Has there been a programing " tweak"?  would like to train these commanders up but not if I am going to rack up stupid low tier coop loses.

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
9,766 posts
7,472 battles

Yes, they tweaked the bots. When you get the killer bots, it can be bad. Or you get the coward bots and they turn and kite from you. Check the first few pages to see a half dozen or so co-op threads.

• Cool 3

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,874 posts
12,625 battles

the AI co op bots have been being improved slowly for quite sometime! Enjoy it! 

• Bad 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,343 posts
4,275 battles

I had a complete wipeout loss tonight, all but one of ours (the carrier) gone for one bot destroyer sunk by the time I checked out. I did 66K damage in my Texas and killed nothing before being ganged up on from all sides. That was when I realised that every other surface combatant on my team was already dead.

[OILFA]
Members
20 posts
3,797 battles

I liked it better when coop was easier.  Let the sadomashochists have the randoms and make it so we win more at coop.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,237 posts
4,803 battles

The tweaked bots are much more challenging and more fun IMO you'll send em to the bottom chin up sailor! :Smile_izmena:

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
735 posts
6,239 battles

you know what i notice the most...and it not the bots...they don't bother me cause they are still predictable ....what i notice that ive been playin with more player with T10s 

so i asked them why the sudden increase in higher Tier ship/player in co-op,  never like that before, i asked ...why not in Randoms (not that i don't mind seeing more players in coop its just odd)...no on gave me an answer.  

[T-RIP]
[T-RIP]
Members
1,044 posts
8,052 battles
2 minutes ago, Shinnidan said:

you know what i notice the most...and it not the bots...they don't bother me cause they are still predictable ....what i notice that ive been playin with more player with T10s 

so i asked them why the sudden increase in higher Tier ship/player in co-op,  never like that before, i asked ...why not in Randoms (not that i don't mind seeing more players in coop its just odd)...no on gave me an answer.  

More PVP players are doing missions and such things in PVE as it's quicker and easier than random, EG: they stand a better chance of winning and placing higher up than in random matches. Only makes sense.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
735 posts
6,239 battles
Just now, SpudZero said:

More PVP players are doing missions and such things in PVE as it's quicker and easier than random, EG: they stand a better chance of winning and placing higher up than in random matches. Only makes sense.

yeah....one of the main reason i stuck to coop nowadays is bc the matches are quick.  10 to 15 min per game depending on how fast the bots die.  lol  i have only X amount of time to play so i want to get as much games and with diff ships as i can within the time i have.  

but still if that was the case for them players too,  why only now they coming out of the wood works? :Smile_amazed: 

• Cool 1

Members
1,815 posts
808 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I had a complete wipeout loss tonight, all but one of ours (the carrier) gone for one bot destroyer sunk by the time I checked out. I did 66K damage in my Texas and killed nothing before being ganged up on from all sides. That was when I realised that every other surface combatant on my team was already dead.

Had three of those in the Tenryu ( I do suck in the Tenryu).  Then jumped in something with real guns. 

Don't bring a ship you are weak in. 

The run away part does suck.  I capped out the bots in a standard battle.  In the South Carolina.  Another one with two bots way away in the corner while we capped them out in Standard.

If your DD's lose, you lose.

[T-RIP]
[T-RIP]
Members
1,044 posts
8,052 battles
3 minutes ago, Shinnidan said:

but still if that was the case for them players too,  why only now they coming out of the wood works?

I believe it's because until lately, like maybe only a handful of patches ago, most missions etc were only available in PVP, but since many now can be completed on many modes including PVE... why not! it's faster.

[O_O]
Members
735 posts
6,239 battles
5 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

I believe it's because until lately, like maybe only a handful of patches ago, most missions etc were only available in PVP, but since many now can be completed on many modes including PVE... why not! it's faster.

yeah, that i notice too...a lot of daily missions...can be done in Coop too...before only a few could and the reset need to be in either PvP play. now that would make sense...

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
505 posts
1,037 battles
1 hour ago, Rednecks_Slayer said:

So, you play coop because you desperately  need to win something? How pathetic!

I totally salute the brand new powerful  bots, this way coop is a better training room with more sweat and challenge.

Yes but for tiers 1-3 after a new player goes beyond their protected matches?  Are you really wanting to drive away new blood that badly?

[PVE]
Members
5,624 posts
18,223 battles
2 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

the AI co op bots have been being improved slowly for quite sometime! Enjoy it! 

They adjusted it Sunday.... They reintroduced the tweak they removed twice due to player complaints. There was no "gradual improvement", they changed the AI, introduced it, was soundly denounced by people who play the mode, they removed it after one day then waited a bit. Reintroduced the same AI and were again berated for taking the fun out of the mode. They removed it again and reintroduced it when they knew that most players were playing Dynamo and had other things to do in game. 

Leave it to Wargaming to remove fun from their products. I have never seen a company more out of touch of what their customers want. 

• Cool 6

[NMKJT]
Members
2,732 posts
1 minute ago, Taylor3006 said:

They adjusted it Sunday.... They reintroduced the tweak they removed twice due to player complaints. There was no "gradual improvement", they changed the AI, introduced it, was soundly denounced by people who play the mode, they removed it after one day then waited a bit. Reintroduced the same AI and were again berated for taking the fun out of the mode. They removed it again and reintroduced it when they knew that most players were playing Dynamo and had other things to do in game. 

Leave it to Wargaming to remove fun from their products. I have never seen a company more out of touch of what their customers want. 

Not to mention, if you are going to increase the difficulty, increase the rewards.

Just another fail by WG all around

• Cool 2

[GAMMA]
Members
594 posts
12,178 battles

If Wargaming is going to make the bots "smarter" then I want them to have no more warning that torpedoes are incoming than I do. This business of tier 2 bots dodging torps fired at less than 3 km (sometimes much less) and having ridiculous accuracy is for the birds.

Edited by jkirschy
  • Cool 2

[SHAN]
Beta Testers
328 posts
9 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

They have stated on more than one occasion it surprised them how many folks (30%) like Co-Op. They have also stated they don't really want folks playing Co-Op. Meh, if they keep the new bots and keep listening to folks that say "it is way too easy in Co-Op change it", they will lose the I am only here to have fun folks.

Cirran

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[PVE]
Members
5,624 posts
18,223 battles
3 minutes ago, Cirran said:

They have stated on more than one occasion it surprised them how many folks (30%) like Co-Op. They have also stated they don't really want folks playing Co-Op. Meh, if they keep the new bots and keep listening to folks that say "it is way too easy in Co-Op change it", they will lose the I am only here to have fun folks.

Well they surely found a way to drive people out of co-op. Course it probably will just drive players from the game, not into PvP.... It is a business model for failure. 

• Cool 3

[PVE]
Members
512 posts
4,332 battles
1 hour ago, Shinnidan said:

On occasion I will take my Yamato into coop if I am just too tired too pay attention enough for random games but still need to unwind. I have perma camo on it so it still earns credits for me every time. Same thing with Missouri and Roon but less often.

• Cool 1

[SHAN]
Beta Testers
328 posts
Just now, Taylor3006 said:

Well they surely found a way to drive people out of co-op. Course it probably will just drive players from the game, not into PvP.... It is a business model for failure. 

I agree with you. Look at the reaction from the folks that like PvP and keep saying you get too much reward from playing bots. It seems that WG is listening to those who hate Co-Op and called it too easy and you should get no rewards or it should be removed and you should have to play PvP.

Cirran

• Cool 1

[VIKNG]
[VIKNG]
Beta Testers
376 posts
6,034 battles

Not liking the "new" bots   at     all.  :Smile-angry:

Change it back, Wargaming, not next patch, not next weekend, do it NOW !!!!   :Smile_izmena:

• Cool 1

[KEGEL]
Members
110 posts
5,462 battles

Don't mind the Devs programming a bit more sense into bots. Do have an issue with bot having a bit too much self preservation at the expense of playing the objective.

Just finished playing Epicenter (sigh) on Tears of Desert. As predicted, bots 2.0 hit the outer circle, hit some resistance then promptly starting doing donuts back to their spawn.

All the friendly ships moved up, captured all 3 circles & slowly picked off the remaining bots. The match went on longer than it should have.

Also what's with the bot CV's just parking where they spawn the entire game?

[PVE]
Members
5,624 posts
18,223 battles
2 minutes ago, SlightlyComatose said:

Also what's with the bot CV's just parking where they spawn the entire game?

Not only do they sit at spawn, they keep their fighters hovering overhead. The AI update totally nerfed the red bot carriers.

Winning by capping used to be quite rare in co-op games. Usually one side or the other was dead before the timer needed to be watched. Capping is now important to the human team since the games will drag out.

The biggest issue for human players in co-op to overcome is the desire to fire your guns. Once a human is spotted, you may get pecked to death by the bots so if they are fleeing the cap, best to hold fire and get the capture point before engaging them. A kiting bot cruiser is liable to burn you to death and a fleeing BB will inevitability get a lucky shot or two on you as well.