You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
C_D

Clan Battle Season 4

22 comments in this topic

[ONAVY]
Members
775 posts
6,307 battles

Does anyone know if the launch date has been set for the next round of clan battles? Any specifics? Hints? Sneak Peeks??? Dev's?

[OKM]
Members
82 posts
1,799 battles

it would be nice to get Clan battle at tier 8. I mean, this tier got at least a fair amount of real ship and many famous one (Richelieu, Bismarck, Tirpitz, North Carolina, Cleveland, Edinburg...) and doesn't make player go bankrupt if rng is against them.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[CUTIE]
[CUTIE]
Members
170 posts
8,566 battles

There was a hint that it would start during the Royal Navy event. 

Edited by TheBigM145
  • Cool 1

[GROGS]
[GROGS]
Members
26 posts
10,075 battles

Would it really kill WoWs to produce a calendar for reoccurring events? What is the point of all the secrecy? Just like Ranked Battles, we know there will be another Clan Season, another Anniversary event, Halloween, Christmas, etc. Doesn't have to include specifics, but just a simple calendar with start and ending dates.

As for Clan Season(s) it would be really helpful to the clans to be able to make training plans, schedule player availability, get ships ready, and so on. Especially since this has become a very popular event in WoWs (more than 4,000 clans world-wide competed in the Supply Line event) AND with the advent of the new Clan Base.

So would a calendar of scheduled events really be such a big deal???

[SUCIT]
Members
827 posts
3,630 battles
30 minutes ago, Y_Nagato said:

it would be nice to get Clan battle at tier 8. I mean, this tier got at least a fair amount of real ship and many famous one (Richelieu, Bismarck, Tirpitz, North Carolina, Cleveland, Edinburg...) and doesn't make player go bankrupt if rng is against them.

I'm like 90% sure that playing a T10 CB at least lets you break even, with premium consumables and without any flags or upgrades.  

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles

Take the day ranked ends, and add 24 hours:Smile_teethhappy:

[FAILD]
Members
427 posts
1,608 battles
25 minutes ago, CaptSemmes said:

Would it really kill WoWs to produce a calendar for reoccurring events? What is the point of all the secrecy? Just like Ranked Battles, we know there will be another Clan Season, another Anniversary event, Halloween, Christmas, etc. Doesn't have to include specifics, but just a simple calendar with start and ending dates.

As for Clan Season(s) it would be really helpful to the clans to be able to make training plans, schedule player availability, get ships ready, and so on. Especially since this has become a very popular event in WoWs (more than 4,000 clans world-wide competed in the Supply Line event) AND with the advent of the new Clan Base.

So would a calendar of scheduled events really be such a big deal???

I'm wondering if WG is sure enough they can code and get things released by a set date. By not putting out a calender then they can slide releases to make sure things are working as well as possible. Holding to a set date would make events even more buggy. 

Edited by Sped_Gax
Spelling

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,803 posts
15,265 battles

They have announced a firm start date of "SOON".

[KMS]
Members
109 posts
12,785 battles

Is that a tomorrow SOON or next month SOON - who has the magic WOW pixie dust?

[FORM]
Members
259 posts
5,153 battles
1 hour ago, Y_Nagato said:

I will say for one I have tier 10 burnout. Would tier 8 be a good place for clan battles? Maybe, maybe not. The only way to know would be to try a season at 8 and see how the players felt about it. 

• Cool 1

[ONAVY]
Members
775 posts
6,307 battles
16 hours ago, Scrapyard_ said:

I will say for one I have tier 10 burnout. Would tier 8 be a good place for clan battles? Maybe, maybe not. The only way to know would be to try a season at 8 and see how the players felt about it. 

Great idea!...also there is a calendar on the forum here which does have events on it. They do need to be color coded to be able to pick out the different events easier...someone from WoW needs to look at that thing and step up the calendar game some. As was pointed better planning for things is possible if times and dates are known beforehand.

• Cool 1

[OPG]
Members
3,978 posts
5,688 battles

Clan Battles always starts sometime after Ranked ends.  This ranked season ends on the October 8th, so I suspect Clan Battles will start sometime after that.  For the third season of Clan Battles there was a relatively large gap in-between the end of Ranked and the start of CBs, so based off that I'd guess that Clan Battles won't start until the end of October or early November.  I suspect that it will come not alongside this upcoming patch, 0.7.10, but rather the next one 0.7.11.

But this is all just guess work, and I could be very wrong.  

• Cool 1

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,058 posts
3,928 battles
18 hours ago, Sped_Gax said:

I'm wondering if WG is sure enough they can code and get things released by a set date. By not putting out a calender then they can slide releases to make sure things are working as well as possible. Holding to a set date would make events even more buggy. 

This many seasons in, unless radically changing tiers and by extension maps, one would think it would be as simple as flipping a switch and enabling a mode. I cant think of anything that would require a lot of coding. Then again...I don't design games.

[CS7]
Members
162 posts
7,575 battles

I heard a Rumor that WG was considering changing the Days / Times for Clan Battles this season - Anyone know anything about this?

[-WPG-]
Members
809 posts
3,352 battles

Bumping this to see if anyone has heard hints as to when CB season 4 will start. I agree with the poster above that it would be nice if WG could move to a calendar so we could plan things. 

[OPG]
Members
3,978 posts
5,688 battles
15 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Bumping this to see if anyone has heard hints as to when CB season 4 will start. I agree with the poster above that it would be nice if WG could move to a calendar so we could plan things. 

It's probably been pushed back for a while.  The devs decided to experiment with running two mini seasons of Ranked sprint at Tier 5, and there was supposed to be a brief one week trial season of cross server Clan Battles going on right now.  The devs have had technical issues and have pushed it back another week.  If the trial season is successful I think it's plausible the next proper season of Clan Battles could come with the next patch....but it's all guesswork at the moment.

[BGWTF]
[BGWTF]
Members
14 posts
3,024 battles
On 9/25/2018 at 1:38 PM, C_D said:

Does anyone know if the launch date has been set for the next round of clan battles? Any specifics? Hints? Sneak Peeks??? Dev's?

My guess would be soon after the Halloween event (maybe a week?).

[-WPG-]
Members
809 posts
3,352 battles
51 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

I read somewhere T6, but maybe that was another forumite posting that.

The T6 clan battles are a 1-week test. Not related to season 4. 

[ONAVY]
Members
775 posts
6,307 battles

Any other clans able to play yesterday in this mini clan event? I can not find any info on when a regular clan season will begin or what the difficulties have been with this multi server event...we were able to assemble a team yesterday but could not launch even though it showed we were scheduled for the NA time slot and the time just counted off and we could not launch for nothing....anyone else have these issues or have more information?