You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JackSchitz

UK DD Event Orders

17 comments in this topic

Members
17 posts
2,175 battles

Does anyone know if you can go back and complete orders from last week once the new set of orders starts dropping today/tomorrow?  E.G. , I don't have a Tier 7 UK DD so I can't complete the orders related to those ships, are those orders going to continue to be available to complete so that when/if I get one of those, I'll be able to complete the order?

Thanks

[-SF-]
Members
122 posts
2,386 battles

I can't remember where I read it but you cannot complete challenges from previous week's when the new ones drop. I'll edit this post if I find the calendar someone posted with all the info. 

Edit: found the post, it explains that you cannot complete previous directives when new ones drop. 

Edited by Ashy_GB

[PVE]
Members
9,767 posts
7,478 battles
7 minutes ago, JackSchitz said:

Does anyone know if you can go back and complete orders from last week once the new set of orders starts dropping today/tomorrow?  E.G. , I don't have a Tier 7 UK DD so I can't complete the orders related to those ships, are those orders going to continue to be available to complete so that when/if I get one of those, I'll be able to complete the order?

Thanks

Unfortunately not. Once a Stage ends, you can not go back and complete it later.

Stages drop on Wednesdays (except patch day when Stage 1 for that patch drops Thu). Directive I drops Wednesday (except patch day when Directive I for that patch drops Thu). Directive II drops Thursday, Directive III drops Friday and Directive IV drops Saturday. The patch notes said that a Stage (with it's four Directives) will end on Tuesdays, but did not specify a time. 

wgEHoQt.jpg

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/royal-navy/

For now, figure 7am EST (4am PST) on Tuesday, unless people can still work on a Mission now? I don't see a lot of posts about this, so either everyone finished it or you can still work on it right now and it ends sometime later today.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,343 posts
4,275 battles

I finished all those missions that did not require a T7 or T8 RN destroyer (which I don't have yet), so I can't help you here, @Kizarvexis.

[PVE]
Members
9,767 posts
7,478 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I finished all those missions that did not require a T7 or T8 RN destroyer (which I don't have yet), so I can't help you here, @Kizarvexis.

The lure of 9,600 doubloons for buying Cossack for 50 Guineas, when you already have Cossack was just too strong, so I got Cossack last night. The DD was for $43.53 and the 10 Guineas for $1 made the total cost $44.53. In the Any Amount of Doubloons in the premium shop, 9,600 doubloons is $42.35, so that means  I'm getting Cossack for $2.18 and I get the 25 +200% XP missions as well.

So I completed all the tasks and I can't tell if they are active or not. Figuring the lack of salt on the forum, I'm guessing they are still running, but I'm not sure.

Members
1,078 posts
5,980 battles
39 minutes ago, JackSchitz said:

Does anyone know ...

I know for a fact that you cannot.

However, since you are an internet stranger to me, be advised that I don't know Jack Schitz.

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,343 posts
4,275 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

The lure of 9,600 doubloons for buying Cossack for 50 Guineas, when you already have Cossack was just too strong, so I got Cossack last night.

The economy works out very well, but I remember the Free-To-Play days too well and I like to see what I can get out of this game for nothing (or almost nothing). To each their own. The tasks have gotten slightly harder with every directive, and it may well be that some of them are beyond me (especially since kids' after-school activities will be impinging ever more on my playing time), so I have resigned myself to trying to get her for as little as possible (I have the 10 guinea bonus) and seeing how pleasantly I can surprise myself.

OTOH I hope to get enough sovereigns for at least Warspite, with the hope of Gallant, and the doubloons will go into permacamo for my Neptune - which I enjoy (those torps, LOL, it's like Emerald on steroids), but for which every little saving helps.

[PVE]
Members
9,767 posts
7,478 battles
2 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

However, since you are an internet stranger to me, be advised that I don't know Jack Schitz.

Don't take a sip when Manny is posting. :Smile_teethhappy: :Smile_honoring:

1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The economy works out very well, but I remember the Free-To-Play days too well and I like to see what I can get out of this game for nothing (or almost nothing). To each their own. The tasks have gotten slightly harder with every directive, and it may well be that some of them are beyond me (especially since kids' after-school activities will be impinging ever more on my playing time), so I have resigned myself to trying to get her for as little as possible (I have the 10 guinea bonus) and seeing how pleasantly I can surprise myself.

OTOH I hope to get enough sovereigns for at least Warspite, with the hope of Gallant, and the doubloons will go into permacamo for my Neptune - which I enjoy (those torps, LOL, it's like Emerald on steroids), but for which every little saving helps.

At 60 Sovereigns per week, without a UK DD, you should do well. If you can complete every Directive the first two stages, you will get 480 Sovereigns.

Still don't know what they are going to do with the RN crates as rewards for Missions, Directives and HoF once Sovereigns are converted on patch 7.11 Nov 14th. We will evidently still be getting them from Nov 14th to Dec 11th.

Beta Testers
285 posts
6,871 battles
35 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

For now, figure 7am EST (4am PST) on Tuesday, unless people can still work on a Mission now? I don't see a lot of posts about this, so either everyone finished it or you can still work on it right now and it ends sometime later today.

I completed the credit mission of Stage 4 this morning and the Tier 7+ RN DD missions are still active as of this moment. Perhaps we have until 7am EST on Wednesdays?

[PVE]
Members
9,767 posts
7,478 battles
1 minute ago, CFagan1987 said:

I completed the credit mission of Stage 4 this morning and the Tier 7+ RN DD missions are still active as of this moment. Perhaps we have until 7am EST on Wednesdays?

Maybe. Would be the first time WG said an event ended on one day, when it actually ends the next. When WG says things like the Anniversary event runs until Sep 19th, they mean until the patch drops Sep 19th at 6am EST.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,343 posts
4,275 battles
7 minutes ago, CFagan1987 said:

This is excellent news, as I was pushing it to get all my eligible missions done in time. An extra evening to tidy up would be a HUGE bonus, or if I finish early I can spend time getting to know a few new ships a bit better. (But not the Acasta or Icarus. Although I have taken them out and enjoyed them, I want to savour this line from the bottom up.)

Members
17 posts
2,175 battles
22 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Glad someone finally got that joke.  I've used this name for years, and you're the first...

[ARGSY]
Members
6,343 posts
4,275 battles
5 minutes ago, JackSchitz said:

Glad someone finally got that joke.  I've used this name for years, and you're the first...

It reminds me of an anecdote of David Niven's in "Bring On The Empty Horses", one of his memoirs. Apparently the foreign-born director of one of his films, not very well versed in English, used "all" as a synonym for "everything" and said "You think I know eff-nothing, but in fact I know eff-ALL."

Members
1,078 posts
5,980 battles
9 minutes ago, JackSchitz said:

I  might've "done did a bad thing." Now that I called it out, if one o' the mods sees it and gets it, you might have to change it.

Members
460 posts
12,425 battles

I couldn't tell if the fist event ended this morning or tomorrow morning.

Tomorrow morning makes more sense, since the new batch doesn't start until tomorrow. If the first batch ended this morning we'd be going most of the day with no missions, which would reduce the incentive to play (which is what WG cares about).

[PVE]
Members
9,767 posts
7,478 battles
1 minute ago, madmikey77 said:

I couldn't tell if the fist event ended this morning or tomorrow morning.

Tomorrow morning makes more sense, since the new batch doesn't start until tomorrow. If the first batch ended this morning we'd be going most of the day with no missions, which would reduce the incentive to play (which is what WG cares about).

Having the Stage end a 7am Wednesday, then the next Stage starts makes perfect sense, but with the way WG announces events starting and ending, you think they would have said that a Stage ends on Wednesday, instead of saying it ends on Tuesday.