You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
neptunes_wrath

Arms race.... 10 Minutes is not really FIVE!! lol

12 comments in this topic

[WJDC]
Members
1,207 posts
7,541 battles

People are avoiding this mode. They are avoiding it because it doesn't count for some challenges.

I have not played much precisely becasue of the pressure to play T10 in other areas, areas that DO pay off... frankly I am tried of T10...

I think I am not alone here... i have said it and I have heard many others say it... T10 is ... old/boring/predictable.. the OP radar ruins T10 battles.

In FB today the question was, what is your fav T5 or T6 ship... I have many in that teir, but I am supposed to like T10 better...

[INTEL]
Members
6,658 posts
25,682 battles

I'll play it when it counts for Legendaries and other stuff.

Played it twice. Then stopped.

• Cool 1

Members
1,559 posts
9,975 battles

I'm avoiding this mode simply because it's a really poorly thought out gimmick that is not fun.

[NATO]
Beta Testers
1,774 posts
5,809 battles

I think WG is missing the boat on this. T5-6 is where the fun is and its where most of the players are. Rather than encouraging (forcing) players to play at T10, they should be encouraging the lower tiers AND the top tiers. Increased focus on T5-6 might bring more ppl into the game and its quickly attainable with a prem account. Once in that area its inevitable that they will progress further up the lines.

What desperately needs work is T8 which is widely viewed (right or wrong) as nothing more than filler for T10 matches. Look what WoT did for T8, players enjoyed the large maps and format although it was often dominated by premium tanks. Why cant the WoWs dev team come up with something similar, a 40 player special battle mode map for T8 only, run it for one week or weekend a month.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,866 posts
5,255 battles
1 hour ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

People are avoiding this mode. They are avoiding it because it doesn't count for some challenges.

I have not played much precisely becasue of the pressure to play T10 in other areas, areas that DO pay off... frankly I am tried of T10...

I think I am not alone here... i have said it and I have heard many others say it... T10 is ... old/boring/predictable.. the OP radar ruins T10 battles.

In FB today the question was, what is your fav T5 or T6 ship... I have many in that teir, but I am supposed to like T10 better...

I haven't had any problems getting matches in one minute or so during prime time.

But you're right.  If this mode counted for Tier 10 supergrade grinding, more people would play it.  I know I've had to play some Montana randoms to get the upgrade.

This mode is awesome BTW.  

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,031 posts
17,629 battles
1 hour ago, hipcanuck said:

I think WG is missing the boat on this. T5-6 is where the fun is and its where most of the players are. Rather than encouraging (forcing) players to play at T10, they should be encouraging the lower tiers AND the top tiers. Increased focus on T5-6 might bring more ppl into the game and its quickly attainable with a prem account. Once in that area its inevitable that they will progress further up the lines.

What desperately needs work is T8 which is widely viewed (right or wrong) as nothing more than filler for T10 matches. Look what WoT did for T8, players enjoyed the large maps and format although it was often dominated by premium tanks. Why cant the WoWs dev team come up with something similar, a 40 player special battle mode map for T8 only, run it for one week or weekend a month.

Good god, NO!!!!

We don't know it for certain, but it seems like one of the underlying purposes of Arms Race being tiers 9-10 is to siphon some people into AR and out of the random battles queue to alleviate the MM pressure on tier 7 's and 8's.    Of course, it's also possible that this isn't true and that this current version of AR is just a case of "live testing", though I don't recall them doing it on this scale before.  Anyways, if they intend to eventually make AR into just another  battle mode for randoms, I suspect that you could see it at most tiers, though I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't see it below a certain battle tier just because they might not want true newbies to have to deal with learning the game and a battle mode that's a little more complex than standard battles.

[SIMP]
Members
830 posts
8,392 battles
13 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Good god, NO!!!!

We don't know it for certain, but it seems like one of the underlying purposes of Arms Race being tiers 9-10 is to siphon some people into AR and out of the random battles queue to alleviate the MM pressure on tier 7 's and 8's.    Of course, it's also possible that this isn't true and that this current version of AR is just a case of "live testing", though I don't recall them doing it on this scale before.  Anyways, if they intend to eventually make AR into just another  battle mode for randoms, I suspect that you could see it at most tiers, though I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't see it below a certain battle tier just because they might not want true newbies to have to deal with learning the game and a battle mode that's a little more complex than standard battles.

It's an OP for T10, that's it, they need more people in T10 to fit revenue models. Pubs isn't drawing people to T10 botes like they want after all the gimmicks, so now they introduce a battle mode with gimmicks as a draw.

[SBD]
[SBD]
Members
254 posts
3,450 battles

I've tried it a couple of times and didn't care for it at T9_10.

Open it up for lower tiers and I may be interested.

[SALVO]
Members
17,031 posts
17,629 battles
12 minutes ago, guns_at_last_light said:

If WG wanted to allow Arms Race at, say, Tier 5, would this require a new patch? 

Depends on how they coded it.  If the limitation is in the code, then yes.  If the limitation was in the database, then maybe not.