Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rekkoff

Bayern Class BB refit question.

6 comments in this topic

[115TH]
Beta Testers
256 posts

I have questions on the Bayern in regards to her refit state. What information was used by Wargaming when they made it? I cant seem to turn up anything on a google search. All I can find is the ship in her WWI shape. Im guessing she was never refit to the "B" hull we see in wows, so where did they get their information? :)

[TASH]
Members
5,016 posts
8,160 battles

It's a fictional refit, like a "what if the ship was not scrapped and survived into the 1930s and 1940s" refit.

A few other ships have this kind of refit.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,193 posts
11,707 battles
13 minutes ago, Rekkoff said:

I have questions on the Bayern in regards to her refit state. What information was used by Wargaming when they made it? I cant seem to turn up anything on a google search. All I can find is the ship in her WWI shape. Im guessing she was never refit to the "B" hull we see in wows, so where did they get their information? :)

Drugs.  The Bayern class ships were never modernized.  They simply made it up.

Alpha Tester
1,969 posts

Stock hull isn't fully historical either. On the foremast is a gun director instead of a spotting top, and she has eight AA guns instead of two. As if six more AA guns will make any difference against enemy aircraft.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,808 posts
15,336 battles
1 hour ago, crzyhawk said:

Drugs.  The Bayern class ships were never modernized.  They simply made it up.

This ... the modernization upgrades are totally fictional.

[CMFRT]
Beta Testers
7 posts
819 battles
1 hour ago, Rekkoff said:

Bayern is one of several ingame ships that were scrapped at or shortly after the end of WW1. Therefore, they weren't refitted later on like some of their contemporaries such as New York, New Mexico, Kongo or Fuso. One of the more crucial components of those refits was the addition of heavier and heavier AA armaments. Wargaming didn't want ships that didn't survive long enough to recieve AA refits to be more more vulnerable to aircraft than their peers, so they gave those ships what-if 1930s refits.

Sign in to follow this