You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
neptunes_wrath

RN DDs and what did I miss reading???

16 comments in this topic

Members
1,353 posts
506 battles

Normally I am on point with ALL the stuff going on here.. missions, specials, events etc. but for the LIFE OF ME I cannot find out how to get an RN DD for certain missions.....
What the hell did I do wrong in my research>???
I see them everywhere but my port...
Silly guy with silly issues I guess...

Members
1,353 posts
506 battles
15 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

I remember seeing that I think, but was thinking there was more than just buying them....thought I remember something about winning a tier 5 or something for testing... Like back when the Konigsburg was given out for krakens before it was released a few years ago... 
but thanks for the info...

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,076 posts
12,879 battles

You get the RN DD missions through containers, either by regular combat missions, or purchased. You can even get RN containers event listed in the top left corner from game play for the RN DD event. From the missions you could receive tier 5 thru 8 RN DDs missions. And once the mission is completed you will get the ship (DD) and a commander too.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
9,946 posts
7,492 battles

Patch 7.9 has early access missions for the T5-T8 UK DDs. Like the French BB event early this year.

You can complete the 4 Directives without using a UK DD as you don't need those Missions to complete them. The only guaranteed way to get a T7+ UK DD is to buy Cossack. You can get 9,600 doubloons for earning Cossack again in-game after purchasing it. Get the 10 Guineas for $1 pack too and you only need 40 of the possible 48 Directives to get the 50 you need for Cossack from the UK Arsenal.

Edited by Kizarvexis
Forgot the plus

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles
2 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

I remember seeing that I think, but was thinking there was more than just buying them....thought I remember something about winning a tier 5 or something for testing... Like back when the Konigsburg was given out for krakens before it was released a few years ago... 
but thanks for the info...

Not just buying. If you read the patch notes you will see that the Royal Navy containers give you a chance to get a T5,6,7 or 8 British destroyer. A premium container has a bigger chance of giving a personal mission than the regular Royal Navy container you get ingame.

[S0L0]
Members
880 posts
4,914 battles

You can get missions to earn some of the DD's (5-8, IIRC) from the Royal Navy containers you earn.

Don't feel bad, I don't have one either.

Matt

[SBD]
[SBD]
Members
267 posts
3,519 battles
2 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Not just buying. If you read the patch notes you will see that the Royal Navy containers give you a chance to get a T5,6,7 or 8 British destroyer. A premium container has a bigger chance of giving a personal mission than the regular Royal Navy container you get ingame.

This right here./\

There in the RN containers, simple xp missions. I already have acasta and working on Icarus.

Members
1,353 posts
506 battles
5 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

I opened over a dozen crates....

esOCHMR.gif

• Funny 1

[FARQD]
Members
389 posts
6,260 battles
3 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

esOCHMR.gif

I thought they were generous with the shop drops. I got the tier 5 and tier 6 dd missions by completing the first week's mission. I planned to buy a few premium crates so I can get the tier 7 and tier 8 ships too. But now I wont gamble knowing I was lucky enough to get 2 drops and  I have never been that lucky. 

Members
1,590 posts
4,356 battles

Seems random, but the grinds are not too bad. RNG for mission from container, earn base exp, get ship. I finished my first mission for Acasta, got another for Jervis. I’d give you my Acosta if I could, no interest in that ship (or the RN missions, honestly).

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,809 posts
15,355 battles
1 hour ago, neptunes_wrath said:

I remember seeing that I think, but was thinking there was more than just buying them...

There IS a choice ... you can buy the ship (Cossack) or you can buy the containers to get the missions to earn the ship, though some players have stated they have gotten ship missions from containers they have won. I have not been one of those players, however, so I can't comment on that.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,809 posts
15,355 battles
1 hour ago, neptunes_wrath said:

esOCHMR.gif

YES! This has been my experience also!

[ARGSY]
Members
6,455 posts
4,321 battles

I got the T5 and T6 ship missions from won-in-battle crates on Friday and Saturday night. Nothing since, so either my luck has run out or I peaked early. But there's still a while to go!

Because these are tech-tree ships and will eventually be free to obtain, I have decided not to pay money for crates to try to unlock them. If I don't get a T7 or T8, that's life.

[PVE]
Members
9,946 posts
7,492 battles
22 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

The rock is actually preferable to the Acasta.

yeah, but at least you can earn the 36k or so on Acasta to jump straight to T6 Icarus when the full line drops.