Lady_Athena

game breaking CV bug...

14 comments in this topic

[BLKRS]
[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
473 posts
2,116 battles

4th time now in 2 days, randomly i lose ALL control of my planes. I get a cursor with a circle and a slash through it, with a little + symbol on the bottom right. I can't control my planes at all... If I try to monkey around by minimzing my entire mouse cursor goes away.....

I can see my mouse when I hit ctrl, but it disappears again outside of the score menu..

Anyone else get this?

Community Department
2,096 posts
520 battles
1 hour ago, Lady_Athena said:

4th time now in 2 days, randomly i lose ALL control of my planes. I get a cursor with a circle and a slash through it, with a little + symbol on the bottom right. I can't control my planes at all... If I try to monkey around by minimzing my entire mouse cursor goes away.....

I can see my mouse when I hit ctrl, but it disappears again outside of the score menu..

Anyone else get this?

I don't see such bug in our list. Please copy this topic in the ticket. Create WGCheck report and attach it to the ticket too. My colleagues will try to investigate the reasons of your issue. 

[PVE]
Members
5,594 posts
18,173 battles
Just now, turbo07 said:

I don't see such bug in our list. Please copy this topic in the ticket. Create WGCheck report and attach it to the ticket too. My colleagues will try to investigate the reasons of your issue. 

1 hour ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Never seen it!

Control issues with player planes has been reported on multiple occasions. Maybe a search of the forums or Reddit would be of help.

I too have run into the issue over the past year. Fighters seem to forget they should be attacking, bombers forget their targets. I actually haven't had any issues with torpedo planes oddly enough.

I find that control can be regained by asking the offending planes to move to a different area of the map. Sometimes it takes several clicks to get them to respond. The icon disappearing and losing mouse control does seem to be new and not sure what to tell you Athena. Could it possibly be a mouse issue? Maybe dirty mouse or one needing software update? I tend to look for the simplest fixes first, forgive me if you have already checked that out.

• Cool 1

Community Department
2,096 posts
520 battles
5 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Control issues with player planes has been reported on multiple occasions. Maybe a search of the forums or Reddit would be of help.

I too have run into the issue over the past year. Fighters seem to forget they should be attacking, bombers forget their targets. I actually haven't had any issues with torpedo planes oddly enough.

I find that control can be regained by asking the offending planes to move to a different area of the map. Sometimes it takes several clicks to get them to respond. The icon disappearing and losing mouse control does seem to be new and not sure what to tell you Athena. Could it possibly be a mouse issue? Maybe dirty mouse or one needing software update? I tend to look for the simplest fixes first, forgive me if you have already checked that out.

Only fighters can "forget" to attack if you don't control them at the moment. If enemy squadron attacks your fighters, the "hanging" squadron begins to attack in return after a certain period of time - this is done as a penalty for such "forgotten" squadrons. Everything works as it should at the moment, but if it doesn't we need more info about this bug or technical issue. 

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,771 posts
6,944 battles
54 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

there is quite common UI bug, where it become impossible to click a spot and give directional or attack orders on either the map, minimap or the top down god view. This happens generally only, after many hours of game play, and requires a relog. When it happens mid game, my temporary solution is to make sure I launch planes by waypointing them, not by using the launch hot key. If I do the latter, waypointing and attack orders become deactivated in a similar way but not identical as the OP describes.

(wireless bluetooth mice are a common source of other issues, I forget to change the batteries!)

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,437 posts
8,085 battles

I encountered something like that ages ago, no control, planes would fly to the map edge, crazy stuff but a patched fixed it not long after. Most issue I have now is that if I way point the ship hitting ctrl+a to select all planes (when setting auto drop attack directions usually) will deactivate the auto steering since they made I think it was the UI change - which has really bad results when I forget and because I was half way through a turn am steaming right at the enemy ships. 

[PVE]
Members
5,594 posts
18,173 battles
5 minutes ago, WanderingGhost said:

I encountered something like that ages ago, no control, planes would fly to the map edge, crazy stuff but a patched fixed it not long after. Most issue I have now is that if I way point the ship hitting ctrl+a to select all planes (when setting auto drop attack directions usually) will deactivate the auto steering since they made I think it was the UI change - which has really bad results when I forget and because I was half way through a turn am steaming right at the enemy ships. 

Yeah was trying to remember when this started showing up. I want to say around the last carrier rework where they played around with USN carriers.... Problem is my memory is crap. The one thing I am sure of is the plane bug and it has been ongoing for a while. Honestly for me it has become part of the game and I just keep a close eye on it. I do remember them flying off the map edge too, but you are right, that was a long while back and haven't encountered that problem recently. 

50 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

Only fighters can "forget" to attack if you don't control them at the moment. If enemy squadron attacks your fighters, the "hanging" squadron begins to attack in return after a certain period of time - this is done as a penalty for such "forgotten" squadrons. Everything works as it should at the moment, but if it doesn't we need more info about this bug or technical issue. 

Yeah that isn't what I am talking about. When you select the fighters to lock up other fighters and they just kind of fly around on their own, that is what I am talking about. It has been a problem for a very long time... Same with bombers "forgetting" their targets. If that is the way they are supposed to work, it is a terrible game mechanic. 

• Cool 1

Community Department
2,096 posts
520 battles
17 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Yeah was trying to remember when this started showing up. I want to say around the last carrier rework where they played around with USN carriers.... Problem is my memory is crap. The one thing I am sure of is the plane bug and it has been ongoing for a while. Honestly for me it has become part of the game and I just keep a close eye on it. I do remember them flying off the map edge too, but you are right, that was a long while back and haven't encountered that problem recently. 

Yeah that isn't what I am talking about. When you select the fighters to lock up other fighters and they just kind of fly around on their own, that is what I am talking about. It has been a problem for a very long time... Same with bombers "forgetting" their targets. If that is the way they are supposed to work, it is a terrible game mechanic. 

Looks like a bug. But I suppose we've already fixed it. 

[PVE]
Members
5,594 posts
18,173 battles
5 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

Looks like a bug. But I suppose we've already fixed it. 

Ehh not since this weekend you haven't. Played my Lexington and my fighters and bombers both gave me trouble. Always hardly matters, not the issue the OP is having. 

[SW]
Beta Testers
1,890 posts
8,230 battles

I have some issues as well in my T8 CV  when I am in with T10s.

I loose all planes in two strikes and cant hit anything sometimes.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,534 posts
2,123 battles
1 hour ago, LoveBote said:

(wireless bluetooth mice are a common source of other issues, I forget to change the batteries!)

This, especially this. I had one game in I think the Baltimore, in the middle of a gunfight with two other cruisers, mouse died. It's really hard to fight with a touchpad, I died pretty quick. I have a backup mouse, but there was no time to get it out. Every once in a while the bluetooth will also lose the connection, that's OK because I just flip the mouse on and off and it's good to go. But batteries dying is bad. OP, I'd check your mouse. Other than that, UI and especially CV UI isn't exactly the best. Changes are coming, and they're pretty good on bugs so I'd think it will be solved relatively soon.

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,771 posts
6,944 battles
7 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Changes are coming, and they're pretty good on bugs so I'd think it will be solved relatively soon.

CV UI bugs have existed since Beta days, they are not new, 'soon' is a relative term and while I am undertsanding about many development hurdles, this is not one of them;)

Sign in to follow this