You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LadyJess

Park Lives !

9 comments in this topic

[SIM]
Members
1,344 posts

A very nice surprise. Park actually lived to the very end. Sorry no video replay but, just some screen shots of the event. Congrats to all team members for lending a hand in this one.

shot-18.09.23_16.01.11-0511.jpg

shot-18.09.23_16.01.12-0064.jpg

shot-18.09.23_16.03.23-0225.jpg

shot-18.09.23_16.05.12-0643.jpg

shot-18.09.23_16.08.23-0368.jpg

shot-18.09.23_16.08.45-0338.jpg

shot-18.09.23_16.09.07-0695.jpg

shot-18.09.23_16.09.13-0885.jpg

shot-18.09.23_16.09.22-0130.jpg

shot-18.09.23_16.09.28-0923.jpg

• Cool 3

[DAKI]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
719 posts
4,137 battles

I-is it bad I didn't know it was possible to keep Parks alive...?

I honestly think this achievement deserves real recognition. Good job keepin' ol' Parky boy alive!

• Cool 1

[HYDRO]
Members
1,540 posts
3,751 battles
18 minutes ago, Kaga_Kai_Ni said:

I-is it bad I didn't know it was possible to keep Parks alive...?

I honestly think this achievement deserves real recognition. Good job keepin' ol' Parky boy alive!

People said you can protect him in 2 ways, first by just preventing him from entering the minefield, which is alot of work.

The second way most can have him live is by popping smoke almost at the start of the battle, as you are approaching the beach. If Parks doesn't take fire, he doesn't change course to the minefield.

• Cool 2

[DAKI]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
719 posts
4,137 battles
1 minute ago, warheart1992 said:

People said you can protect him in 2 ways, first by just preventing him from entering the minefield, which is alot of work.

The second way most can have him live is by popping smoke almost at the start of the battle, as you are approaching the beach. If Parks doesn't take fire, he doesn't change course to the minefield.

Ah okay, makes sense.

I was actually running the OP with a few people the other day, and wanted to try ramming him away from the minefield but got told not too :p

The not getting shot at part seems like an interesting thing too, I should give it a try soon! Thanks for that! o/

[INTEL]
Members
8,567 posts
25,643 battles

Unfortunately it is bugged. If Parks lives, the game sometimes miscounts/removes the requirement to save the transports, meaning that you get four stars. Just today we arrived at the destination with all 10000 sailors intact but got four stars because saving Parks screwed it up.

Edited by Taichunger
  • Bad 1

[FOXEH]
Members
3,349 posts
12,079 battles

Yep. Parks is destined/fated/doomed to die in the scenario. It is in the script. Fate and the Stars are siblings. If you mess with Fate, a Star will fail to show...

[ARGSY]
Members
6,225 posts
4,189 battles
2 hours ago, Taichunger said:

Unfortunately it is bugged. If Parks lives, the game sometimes miscounts/removes the requirement to save the transports, meaning that you get four stars. Just today we arrived at the destination with all 10000 sailors intact but got four stars because saving Parks screwed it up.

That was my thought from the very beginning (I didn't play it when it first came out); he's the coward who's supposed to die, ironically in the process of trying to save his own skin.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,397 posts
9,560 battles

Never heard about losing a star because of it. The smoke trick CLEARLY DOES NOT WORK. We kept Parks from being fired on numberous time and he still sailed off without any damage. It takes 2-3 players to save Parks. Just keep him alive to the first corner and he'll be OK the rest of the way. But it takes at least two players ramming and pushing his boat at the same time. One player can't do it.

[REVY]
Members
949 posts
7,505 battles

I've tried the smoke on Parks just before entering the circle and he has still run.

I also somehow got Parts caught on an anchor and dragged him along and around the minefield. About midway, Parks got lose and actually turned SW and headed back to France and into the minefield.......

needless to say he did not make it. But people who hadn't noticed Parks had live for that long were like 'Wait....is this bugged? How did he just now die??'