Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ks_Twister

Dynamo Bug?

12 comments in this topic

[TFB]
[TFB]
Members
314 posts
7,939 battles

Saved Parks a few games and it only gave out 4 stars, saying we did not save the seven ships, but we didn't lose any ships, saved him on a second game and it did the same thing, said we didn't save the seven ships, so let him die on the third one and we got the 5 stars, anyone else had this happen?

[PVE]
Members
5,624 posts
18,228 battles

Saving Parks is a distraction and should be avoided. You get no special reward for saving him. Let him die and focus on what you need to do. Getting a 5 star win with him dead is as good as a 5 star win with him alive.

Smoking him early works SOMETIMES and should be the only way you try to save him. The whole pushing him around, exposes your ships to shore battery fire and that chips away at your HP early on. Having to push him around the map keeps you from the optimal position to take on the red planes and boats.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,961 posts

I've noticed that too. Didn't lose a single transport ship yet we only got 4 stars. Yes I did ram Parks until he followed us. I won't do that again now that this may be a bug. Still it doesn't really bother me compared to trolls who deliberately seperate from the group (either straggling or racing off to the safe zone), causing more bombers to spawn.

[TBW]
Members
6,406 posts
12,050 battles

Yes it is a bug but it is a bug that Parks lets you save him in the first place. Sometimes when you save him you get 5 stars some times not. I have a replay of each of those scenarios in the scenario from tonight. Why risk 5 stars, we all know he can be saved.

Members
711 posts

maybe there is or should be a hidden achievement, a bit like the "save commander Jenkins" achievement, and because something is not coded correctly, if Park's survives the achievement is not awarded and it causes a bug due to there being 1 extra ship than normal.

i.e. if its erroneously coded so no more than 10 ships should survive, and if Parks makes 11 ships, what happens at the end when the value of ships falls outside the >1 <10 range that 11 ships would be, or for that matter the ship maths at the threshold of ><=7 and >10, or 0 other ships bar Parks.

[TFB]
[TFB]
Members
314 posts
7,939 battles
1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

Saving Parks is a distraction and should be avoided. You get no special reward for saving him. Let him die and focus on what you need to do. Getting a 5 star win with him dead is as good as a 5 star win with him alive.

Smoking him early works SOMETIMES and should be the only way you try to save him. The whole pushing him around, exposes your ships to shore battery fire and that chips away at your HP early on. Having to push him around the map keeps you from the optimal position to take on the red planes and boats.

Ya I get all that, but it's so easy to 5 star it every time, sometimes have to have a little fun just to do something diff.

[PVE]
Members
5,624 posts
18,228 battles
10 minutes ago, Ks_Twister said:

Ya I get all that, but it's so easy to 5 star it every time, sometimes have to have a little fun just to do something diff.

I am not against trying to save him, it does add an increased difficulty to the OP. Just want to caution players, especially those with little experience playing, that it could ruin the mission and cost them a good win. If the team is made up of experienced players, then go for it.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

I've seen one game where we were able to five-star and save Parks, don't ask me how because I only noticed he was alive about 20 seconds before we finished.

That said, while I won't stop other people from trying to save him, I won't do it myself. If he's too stupid to avoid the dang minefield on his own then his dumb aft is a liability as far as I'm concerned.

Members
326 posts
328 battles

I gave up saving Parks in the other round, and it give you No reward.

I have done several 5stars games, even with all other transports arriving, and no news of parks. Use the Sims or any other US DD for fun.

Sign in to follow this