Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Avenge_December_7

So Is Arms Race Worth Playing Right Now?

20 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

779
[STW-M]
Members
2,044 posts
5,861 battles

Currently, I've been mainly dabbling in co-op and only coming out into randoms when I get dragged in through divisioning due to a chaotic college schedule, so I haven't checked out arms race yet.

I've heard both glowing and scathing reviews of it, but I'd like to get the general consensus of these forums. Personally, I don't plan on playing it until achievements are implemented, but it sounds fun.

What do you all think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23
[ADOPT]
Members
75 posts
2,274 battles

What is the harm of playing just 1 battle for kicks, and see how you like it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,834 posts
17,617 battles
31 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Currently, I've been mainly dabbling in co-op and only coming out into randoms when I get dragged in through divisioning due to a chaotic college schedule, so I haven't checked out arms race yet.

I've heard both glowing and scathing reviews of it, but I'd like to get the general consensus of these forums. Personally, I don't plan on playing it until achievements are implemented, but it sounds fun.

What do you all think?

One of the funnest modes ever IMO...but you can only decide for yourself based on personal experience & as it doesn't affect your stats at all right now this is the best time to check it out.

But as a note it is an lot more fun with full teams so if you aren't getting enough players maybe try waiting until the weekend to get a better idea of how it plays in full team mode (more teammates to share in the buffs w/a whole team makes for better team play overall).

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,722
[TBW]
Members
6,399 posts
12,031 battles
33 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Currently, I've been mainly dabbling in co-op and only coming out into randoms when I get dragged in through divisioning due to a chaotic college schedule, so I haven't checked out arms race yet.

I've heard both glowing and scathing reviews of it, but I'd like to get the general consensus of these forums. Personally, I don't plan on playing it until achievements are implemented, but it sounds fun.

What do you all think?

If you like quicker action games it's great fun. Some people still camp and are still adjusting. The main reason people don't like it, is due to the lack of achievements and some missions in that mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
779
[STW-M]
Members
2,044 posts
5,861 battles
10 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

it doesn't affect your stats at all right now this is the best time to check it out.

Huh, forgot about that.

Do you think WG will factor in the games that were played before if they do make it affect stats?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
468
[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
2,112 posts
3,577 battles

its fun, but right now theres no rewards for it. its just t9,10 so...what are you getting out of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
403
[WOLF5]
Members
1,537 posts
2,126 battles

It's fun and different. You should try it. Lot more action than the usual T10 campfest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
779
[STW-M]
Members
2,044 posts
5,861 battles
11 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

It's fun and different. You should try it. Lot more action than the usual T10 campfest.

Just tried entering it; wow it's empty.

Even more empty than operations late at night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
403
[WOLF5]
Members
1,537 posts
2,126 battles
3 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Just tried entering it; wow it's empty.

Even more empty than operations late at night.

Yeah, just finished a match, took me about 2 minutes to get in. We lost, but I was up brawling things in my Montana the whole time, 172K damage. Lot of fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
779
[STW-M]
Members
2,044 posts
5,861 battles
1 minute ago, AJTP89 said:

Yeah, just finished a match, took me about 2 minutes to get in. We lost, but I was up brawling things in my Montana the whole time, 172K damage. Lot of fun.

Guess I'll be waiting up to the 5 minute mark just to see how it goes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
335
[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,960 battles

Arms race is fun, but they need to tie in the legendary mods  campaign into it as an incentive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
779
[STW-M]
Members
2,044 posts
5,861 battles
1 minute ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Arms race is fun, but they need to tie in the legendary mods  campaign into it as an incentive.

I mean, I actually wouldn't mind if they kept stats off for this mode and just gave out achievements, missions, etc.

Maybe this could be a high-tier fun-fest mode.

Edited by Avenge_December_7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
335
[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,960 battles
Just now, Avenge_December_7 said:

I mean, I actually wouldn't mind if they kept stats off for this mode.

Maybe this could be a high-tier fun-fest mode.

When they tie in COOP of all things into the grind, I see no reason why they can't tie in arms race into legendary mod grind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
403
[WOLF5]
Members
1,537 posts
2,126 battles
12 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

When they tie in COOP of all things into the grind, I see no reason why they can't tie in arms race into legendary mod grind.

They're still testing it, I'm guessing they'll add achievements etc pretty soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,188
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,803 posts
10,309 battles

No.

Massive steamrolls, worse than normal.

Can't grind legendary/unique upgrades for T10's.

No flags as no heroic achievements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,834 posts
17,617 battles
2 hours ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Do you think WG will factor in the games that were played before if they do make it affect stats

I don't recall the exact wording but it did seem to hint at that if I recall correctly.

 

1 hour ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Guess I'll be waiting up to the 5 minute mark just to see how it goes

Be safe & drop out at 4.5 minutes & reenter the queue...it really is a lot more fun w/a full team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
779
[STW-M]
Members
2,044 posts
5,861 battles
3 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I don't recall the exact wording but it did seem to hint at that if I recall correctly.

 

Be safe & drop out at 4.5 minutes & reenter the queue...it really is a lot more fun w/a full team.

Damn, I just tried 3 matches with Missouri. In all three, not only were there only 5-7 guys per team, but also our team just couldn't destroy the Kitakazes and Harugamos before they burned everyone down, even if we managed to overwhelm the rest of their the enemy team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,834 posts
17,617 battles
2 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Damn, I just tried 3 matches with Missouri. In all three, not only were there only 5-7 guys per team, but also our team just couldn't destroy the Kitakazes and Harugamos before they burned everyone down, even if we managed to overwhelm the rest of their the enemy team.

I gotta admit I've only tried it in my Gearing & it's definitely a blast in a DD but even in the Gearing it's better if you have a team to back you up as it's good to know when you take 1 of the buffs that a bunch of teammates are getting buffed behind you to back you up against their buffs...when there's only a few people you're all so spread out only 1 or 2 people get buffed when you take one (if that).

I've got the new detection upgrade on the Gearing also so it's pretty much got the best detection in the game in T9 & T10 to start with so that helps...& the 16km torps help to harass radar ships & still stay out of their radar range.

Think the best bet is to wait for the weekend or at least earlier in the day when there are more players on. 

I also have Halsey on the Gearing but haven't gotten a double strike or confederate to tell if his buffs work in the mode or not yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
289
[BLKRS]
[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
473 posts
2,116 battles
6 hours ago, mixmkz said:

What is the harm of playing just 1 battle for kicks, and see how you like it?

Because they are like 99% of other sheep and can't think for themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,541
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,866 posts
5,255 battles

It's a great mode.  I have no problem getting games in primetime.

I assume WG will come along and enable it for grinding the various missions and such.  Once that happens I think you'll see it's popularity explode.  Right now it's just a live-server test mode really.

I'd like to see it replace randoms for Tiers 9 and 10.  Get rid of the boring camp fests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×