Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crickethunter_brown

So why is it

22 comments in this topic

Members
74 posts
2,214 battles

with 12 different players in the games how is it the teams that Im on loose 12 out of 13 now and really do not troll me give me a honest answer! just because i may die how is it 12 games with 12 different players every game my team looses? and trollers (or players that think they know everything) on here say its not the mm?? a game is not based on me dieing im sure of that??? and I am sure I am not the only one with this prob??? the average is for crappy players (in witch I am)  is at least 40% so why???

Members
3,471 posts
6,184 battles

It happens to everyone and MM does not care about an individual nor does it know the future and how everyone one the team will play any given time.

[FML]
Members
1,767 posts
10,144 battles

There are two general responses - 

1) over a small sample size, even a super unicum player with a 70 per cent win rate can still lose a dozen battles in a row. It’s unlikely, but statistically possible and does happen. This game tends to be very streaky. 

2) the less you carry your weight on your team, the more you rely on your team to carry you to a win. If you die early and contribute not much, the enemy essentially has an extra ship firing on your fewer teammates, who might then die faster, leaving more pressure on those who are left. This snowball effect can be why many teams fall apart.

Search these forums for LittleWhiteMouse’s guide to controlling your win rate, make changes to how you play, and no longer be a victim of the Matchmaker. Worked for me. 

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,594 posts
25,738 battles
15 hours ago, crickethunter_brown said:

with 12 different players in the games how is it the teams that Im on loose 12 out of 13 now and really do not troll me give me a honest answer! just because i may die how is it 12 games with 12 different players every game my team looses? and trollers (or players that think they know everything) on here say its not the mm?? a game is not based on me dieing im sure of that??? and I am sure I am not the only one with this prob??? the average is for crappy players (in witch I am)  is at least 40% so why???

You should check your stats. You can lead teams to victory in a well-played battleship, but your numbers aren't up to snuff, which pulls down your win rate. In N Mexico your average damage is 22K and in 156 games you have never broken 80K damage. Your hit rate is 20% and you survive 80% of battles, yet you do almost no damage. That tells me your N Mexico is too far to the rear and it lingers there. Your ideal range is around 15 kms and you should be struggling to put your ship into action at that range where there are targets to shoot at.  

I will give you the same advice I give everyone in your position: stop playing BBs. I notice you've only gone up the US DD line. Switch to the IJN DD line. Playing an IJN torp boat in tiers 2-3-4 will teach you tons about positioning, about affecting the flow of the match, anticipating where ships will be, and learning where you need to be. After you play a torp boat you will understand DD drivers much better and will naturally and unconsciously WASD as part of the normal operation of your ship. Your BB play will improve tenfold. 

The US standard BBs are really difficult for new players. Almost any other line with faster BBs is better. Once you misposition in a slow US BB it is very difficult to recover, and inexperienced players frequently misposition. 

Also, you might think about playing A LOT more Coop. You obviously need gunnery practice and its not fair to your teammates to use Randoms that way. Coop will teach you more about the kind of damage management you need to learn to put a BB under the guns of three other BBs and kill one and wreck the other two. 

Watch videos, and join a clan so better  clan members can teach you. 

• Cool 2

Members
1,847 posts
17,666 battles
39 minutes ago, crickethunter_brown said:

a game is not based on me dieing im sure of that

25 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

stop playing BBs

You are basically right on that point...a game is never based on just 1 player...but when you are 1 of the BBs you are expected to be able to deal a fair amount of damage & be able to absorb a fair amount of damage before you are killed & if you are going out & sinking right away it puts your team at a much bigger disadvantage than the quick loss of a cruiser or DD.

Take Taichunger's advice & do some co-op training to learn to at least deal a bit more damage before you are taken out & definitely training on other ship types will help you learn how to counter their attacks better & even take them out easier.

& as he also clarified...US...BBs...are...the...sloooooooooooow...eeeeessssst…ships...in...the...whole...game......

If you must stick w/BBs at least switch to IJN or KM for a bit more speed & better rudder shift for dodging torps.

[H_]
Members
801 posts

From one average player to another....

The get GuD crowd will look at your stats and find a dozen reasons "we're" average......  Some are valid: like playing too aggressively.  Or, lacking situational awareness......  Or, just being a crappy shot.......  Some of these can be fixed.

What really is annoying is that the Match Maker is soooooooooooo one dimensional.  It' combines ships and doesn't even look at the combat effectiveness of each and very Captain in those 'specific ships'.....  It comes down to statistics; sometimes in that 'we will lose' because the ships are right but, the skill levels of the Captains are no where close....  In that situation, we lose game after game OR win, game after game....

I can't give advice about game play: I'm an average player but, I can say that it is "why it is" because the game doesn't put in the effort to make the matches better......  And, someone said above something about a team game.....it isn't....it is a cooperative FPS and make no mistake, each player is taking care of themselves first.......and then, blaming failure of the team.......   Work at this.  I've never been above 47% and may never....

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,348 posts
9,546 battles

A common problem with US Navy Battleships up to tier 7, is you need to plan ahead, way ahead. You need to know where the fights are going to happen, and start going to the nearest one at the start of the battle, usually the nearest cap. Slow BB's do not have the speed to react to anything, so if they are going to be effective, they need to be proactive and aggressive. Others have have said 15km, I prefer to be a little closer, around 12km to 13km, and if there's no torpedo armed ships nearby, I'll get a lot closer.

Every battleship captain needs to know how to angle the armor and brawl, German BB's may be the championship brawlers, but even a Kongo can brawl effectively.

Also, it's useful to think of the health of your ship as currency, spend it wisely. Repair costs were replaced with fixed "servicing" costs a while ago, you literally do not get paid to bring your ship back.

[TDRB]
Members
1,116 posts
4,244 battles
1 hour ago, crickethunter_brown said:

The answer is simple. Game play is designed around playing as a team, the economy & rewards are all about individual achievements.

[1IF]
Members
79 posts
2,725 battles

Sometimes, you just have to stop playing sooner and come back the next day.  Each consecutive loss will frustrate you more and more and that will impact your gameplay.  I went 0-4 tonight in random tonight and decided that was enough for one night.  Three of the 4 randoms were down to the wire, hard fought, close, fun games.  I even topped the board on my team in 2 games and set new personal bests with the ships I was using, but I was starting to get frustrated with the losses in spite of my efforts.  In the end, you can only control you.  Team play is not rewarded, only damage dealt and capping.  

• Cool 2

[PNG]
Supertester, Beta Testers
5,664 posts
6,477 battles

A game isn't based on you dying, it's based on you being able to kill more on the enemy team than vice versa. If you do less than your own HP's worth of damage to the enemy team and dying, the enemy is getting a net gain out of the situation. A BB putting out 100K damage while only having a 65K HP pool is a net positive for his team. The game is very hard to carry solo, but you can dramatically increase your team's chances of winning if you pull your weight and then some.

[ENDVR]
Members
424 posts
5,341 battles

As much as no one in your situation wants to hear it, I agree with much of the above.  The first step in increasing your winrate is improving your gameplay.  Work on the things you can control to help offset the things you can’t control.

Ignore your stats for now.  If they’re important to you, don’t spend money on the account, use it for training and when you’ve improved, delete it and begin afresh if thats your thing.  For now, do mechanics and improvement research and try to implement it.  

Increasing your survival rate and average damage is like having a handful of seeds and a water supply, figure out how to combine them in a useful way and your WR will grow.

If MM was rigged in the way some people suspect, WG would make way more money programing for military contracts, not waffling it away frustrating gamers.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,851 posts
13,070 battles

Some days are good...some days are bad.  Just how the game rolls (pun intended).

5ba9e70d9bf3f_NewBitmapImage(2).thumb.jpg.8e1a35f739f408659d5392ec25f43d56.jpg

[H_]
Members
801 posts
10 hours ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

OP isnt even avg. He needs to improve in all categories as far as i can determine.

Blaming MM isnt really going to help him more than blaming his team either. 

He just needs to work on improving his own game, wins will come with it. 

Edit: Im an average player. You want to be doing at least what Im doing. Look my stats, I dont mind. Dont stat chase, but just try to improve.

A few points:

The only metric that keeps players is "fun".  Was it fun; even, if you got stomped.  Was it fun; when, you stomped.  Was it fun and will you play another match if the 11 other players simply don't care or try or think or are even slightly involved with the game itself or the game's concept of "teams"..... 

Match Maker simply is an artificial construct that creates matches without regard to captain skill......  Sorry, it just doesn't have that capability.  Could it work, yes !  Would it work........probably not.  Most combat related games are NOT random distributions of player skill after a certain amount of years in existence.  Most of these games drive the average players out very quickly for a whole host of reasons....  We are there as a community....  As it gets worse, and more polarized, stomps become normal and the game corporation starts using "gimmicks" and discussions of "balance" in an effort to retain players........  We are there.

Yes, we all can be better.  Winning is still a crap shoot because no matter how good you are, the other 11 people control your statistics.....  I've been in ranked battles where we had. except me, advanced and seasoned captains........wow, a stomp that would 100% get a star........and yet, we were decimated....stomped....  OK, been on potato teams that had no chance in the world and yet, because no one knew what to do, stomped the exceedingly better team......  game after game after game of rolling the dice....

"I" try to do better.  OP, try to do better and it works....  But, do not expect the game itself to even the playing field.....

Members
74 posts
2,214 battles

Well I get my play may suck and the ships are mainly cruisers but the point to this post is how can it be that 1 player does not determen a win loss and I have heard many players say that they hope that this team is better then the last 2 or 3 teams hes has been on he would like to see a win only to see another loss! how can a player be on the loosing side that many times? programmers say it matches up the ships! well if u put 2 Cleveland's against each (example) other and 1 is loaded the other is basic (just purchased) and the mm puts all the loaded ships on the red team is that not screwed up a little for the green team, i know programming enough to know that it is possible????? what about u wargames programmers am i not right about this??? I can see 40% win loss percent but a 1 for 13 games % is a little much when u are talking 13 different games with 12 different players for the mm to not have a issue???

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,733 battles
22 hours ago, crickethunter_brown said:

You're averaging 22k dmg in the New Mexico, you're most played BB.  That's insanely below average.  To give you proper perspective, top players in the game are doing over 80k average damage.  That's like a 4 on 1.  How often do you expect to win in a fight against 4 other ships?  I'm not the greatest in the New Mex and I do 60k average.

You play battleships and cruisers 81% of the time.  The two highest avg damage dealing ships in the game, and yet you only average 18k damage at an average tier of 5.3.  That is insanely below average.  You should be more than double that just to be an average player.

There's below average, and then there's being so far down that your mere presence is as if you're working for the other team.  This is not an insult, this is raw fact.  You want the honest answer, that is the honest answer.  You're not performing much better than being afk every match.  Post some replays so we can see what the biggest areas of improvement are in your decision-making and it could go a long way to improving your game.

Members
74 posts
2,214 battles

(please read the post above your Lance) please forget about my play if i'm the first one out my play has no issue, its the mm that i'm asking about some one has to be first not the prob the prob i have is the info the mm uses to set the teams can the mm put all the loaded ships on the red side and the lower powered ships on the green plan and simple?? if no how not I was told it does not use experiance of player it just matches up the ships does it know the power or the difference between loaded and a new'ly bought ship with nothing, and if i here others say they wish they could win one today you tell me???

[PNG]
Supertester, Beta Testers
5,664 posts
6,477 battles

The MM doesn't judge any equipment on the ship, or the player's skill, when assigning a person to a team. The fact that it doesn't take any of these into account is the very reason it can create stacked teams, especially when divisions of unicums and divisions of potatoes are involved.

[-WPG-]
Members
813 posts
3,375 battles

Agree with others that your damage numbers are very low.  As a BB you're responsible for doing a lot of damage, and your stats show that you're not. 

Do you understand the mechanics of shell travel time vs the aiming reticule?  I ask because I was many hundreds of battles into the game before I saw a link about the aiming mechanics. My WR was around the same as yours at the time.  After watching it, my hit rage and WR shot up considerably.   The cliff notes version:

1) Go into settings and make sure your crosshair settings are set to Dynamic. Let's ignore the differences in the reticules for the sake of simplicity. Suffice to say the dynamic crosshair is better in every way.

2) When you zoom in for aiming, if the shell travel time says 8 seconds, line up the 8th tick mark on your aiming reticule with the middle of the ship.  Important:  This assumes that ship is travelling at ~30kts.  If the ship's is slower, like a fellow New Mexico, you have to adjust and aim at the 6th tickmark or so.  Knowing how fast a ship is travelling is important to using the reticule's aim. 

Here's a link to an iChase Academy video that helped me.  Note that he is incorrect in stating that the dynamic reticule assumes a ship travelling at 20kts.  It's actually 30kts, but everything else in the video was helpful to me. 

Sign in to follow this