You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Xbox WoWS aka Legends Coming SOON!

32 comments in this topic

Members
4,840 posts
5,599 battles

Hmmm... I wonder if Legends is going to stick with Xbox and PS4, or also eventually include the Switch. I'd start over in legends on Switch just because I could take Warships anywhere.(wouldn't stop playing on PC, but it'd be cool to have it on Switch)

• Cool 1

[LOU1]
Members
3,074 posts
8,161 battles
1 hour ago, Herr_Reitz said:

In case you missed it or were simply curious...

https://wowslegends.com/

Wonder if development on the PC side could be affected in the long run? Hmm.... 

I have read some strong arguments that the CV rework makes the controls usable on a gamepad.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

what would be really good would be progress mapping between them all, some how... need not be everything but something might be good. 

and yes, the thought of gamepad cv play as a rework was one of the first things i thought, seeing it. will be interesting if that's pretty much how they work in legends, eh? 

Members
18,363 posts
5,241 battles
12 hours ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Hmmm... I wonder if Legends is going to stick with Xbox and PS4, or also eventually include the Switch. I'd start over in legends on Switch just because I could take Warships anywhere.(wouldn't stop playing on PC, but it'd be cool to have it on Switch)

That would be cool, my nephew always wants to play games online with me, but right now, the only thing we can play together is Fortnite, and I can't stand it lol.

• Funny 3

[SIDE]
Members
734 posts
3,298 battles

They should really consider having PC and the Consoles have cross play, It would really bolster our player numbers by a bit. WarThunder does that.

• Cool 7

[P2W]
Members
720 posts

Got signed in on the discord this morning, looking forward to playing on my ps4 with a 60" screen instead of the 22" I am currently playing on with the pc.

Edited by DESRON10

[BNKR]
Members
294 posts
358 battles
22 hours ago, GhostSwordsman said:

According to this no

https://wowslegends.com/forums/topic/103-is-there-any-chance-we-will-get-wowsl-on-the-nintendo-switch-in-the-near-future/?tab=comments#comment-2296

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts
On 9/25/2018 at 3:51 PM, Merlox said:

They should really consider having PC and the Consoles have cross play, It would really bolster our player numbers by a bit. WarThunder does that.

Totally agree - bu then, would compromises be needed on the PC side? Or even a change in the entire game? 

[SIDE]
Members
734 posts
3,298 battles
On 10/1/2018 at 7:18 AM, Herr_Reitz said:

Totally agree - bu then, would compromises be needed on the PC side? Or even a change in the entire game? 

Obviously the xp research is different. However that doesn't mean that the actual gameplay had to be different. The only thing that I would consider impossible by controller is being fixed (aircraft carriers) to the point I feel that controllers could pick it up.

I would consider that legends leans more toward pc than world of warships blitz. That's just me.

As long as the gameplay is the same I'm ok with what ever else they do. I just want this game to keep going. 

I just hope that they add it in than divide the wows community into 3 separate play areas. (Pc, console, phone.) 

Edited by Merlox

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,850 posts
9,604 battles
On 10/1/2018 at 6:18 AM, Herr_Reitz said:

The balance between PC and console has swayed wildly as they tweak the buffs to console players. Wonder how that would work here?

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Would be interesting if the devs would chime in on such possibilities. Maybe they have but in some obscure nether region of the web, eh? 

[TBOW]
Members
217 posts
1,979 battles

That can’t happen due to tier difference. I test legends and I’m allowed to say since they said it in the anniversary stream there are 7 tiers not 10 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts
On 10/2/2018 at 4:33 PM, embeddeddear97 said:

That can’t happen due to tier difference. I test legends and I’m allowed to say since they said it in the anniversary stream there are 7 tiers not 10 

Well... I wonder why they didn't consider otherwise... 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

I wonder if they expect new player PC enrollments to take a hit? The old console vs PC debate...

[SIDE]
Members
734 posts
3,298 battles
On 10/2/2018 at 4:33 PM, embeddeddear97 said:

The tiers are 1-7? That's bad. =/ They are dividing our already small community even more if that's the case.

[TBOW]
Members
217 posts
1,979 battles
1 hour ago, Merlox said:

The tiers are 1-7? That's bad. =/ They are dividing our already small community even more if that's the case.

They’re just taking out some ships for possible premiums or to add in at a later date

[C-R-N]
Members
36 posts
10 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I wonder if they expect new player PC enrollments to take a hit? The old console vs PC debate...

I know I'll probably move over permanently just for the +1 matchmaking assuming they don't utterly nerf the game to make it new player friendly.

[BNKR]
Members
294 posts
358 battles
On October 4, 2018 at 3:47 PM, Commodore_Casual said:

I know I'll probably move over permanently just for the +1 matchmaking assuming they don't utterly nerf the game to make it new player friendly.

Will be interesting to see how legends compares to the PC and mobile versions 

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
770 posts
63 battles
1 minute ago, Ruthless4u said:

Will be interesting to see how legends compares to the PC and mobile versions 

Hopefully better than mobile. As long as it brings good revenue we all benefit. 

Members
23 posts
720 battles
On 9/26/2018 at 5:21 AM, Merlox said:

This is a great idea, and it would indeed improve the player numbers and shorten queue times (probably). If they were to do this they could do something similar to... eh... fortnite... where you can choose x platform or same platform matchmaking :cap_hmm:

However! Their FAQ does state that it is not a cross-platform project (different game), which is a shame, considering x-platform games are generally always super successful, but even PC WoWs is not cross platform between regions. Perhaps we can hope for something like this in the distant future, who knows.

Edited by ExecutiveToasterOven
Added extra sentence to the end

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
194 posts
1,696 battles

I assume that Legends will pull a lot of the player base from WoT Console (WoTC).  Trust me, you do NOT want to mingle with a vast majority of that.

Take it from someone with extensive experience with that crowd.  

• Cool 2

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
2,575 posts
On 9/24/2018 at 11:11 PM, ExploratorOne said:

I have read some strong arguments that the CV rework makes the controls usable on a gamepad.

That is the real reason behind the entire rework being what it is -- WOWP wannabe light -- instead of a revamp of actual carrier play.