You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_1204_

2 year anniversary collection rewards?

30 comments in this topic

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles

So now that the crates for the 2 year anniversary collection are in the arsenal... If im not mistaken I can start collecting them if I buy a crate. Are the rewards worth while or is it just a silly flag?

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,455 posts
11,772 battles

2 year was last year.

We are currently in the 3rd year anniversary. 

Good cammo and useful flags if I recall.

[S0L0]
Members
879 posts
4,914 battles

If you complete the entire collection, it gives 5 T8 perma-camos. Z-28, Monarch, Charles Martel, Kiev, and one other I can't remember right off hand.

It took me 5 buys of 5 crates to finish the entire collection. 20 crates left me 1 item short after spending the duplicates.

Matt

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,047 posts
1 minute ago, _1204_ said:

So now that the crates for the 2 year anniversary collection are in the arsenal... If im not mistaken I can start collecting them if I buy a crate. Are the rewards worth while or is it just a silly flag?

Premium Camos so yes it's worth it,  For the  Kiev,New Orleans,Monarch,Charles Martel,Z23,

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
505 posts
1,037 battles

Pretty sure it is not a subscription type collection, meaning you'll have to keep purchasing crates until you get all the pieces rather than buy just one and collect the pieces from other crates earned in game.

[PVE]
Members
9,767 posts
7,478 battles

New Orleans is not in the new collection as it moved to T7 I believe.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,343 posts
4,275 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

New Orleans is not in the new collection as it moved to T7 I believe.

It kept the camo and can still be fitted. I have it on mine occasionally. Made sure I had that one in case they pulled those crates at the same time as the 3rd anniversary ones.

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles
9 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

Premium Camos so yes it's worth it,  For the  Kiev,New Orleans,Monarch,Charles Martel,Z23,

I really only play the monarch, and reading on the wiki the mo arch camo is the final reward, not just one stage. Is the camo just the purplish one with a red accent? 

[WOLFC]
Members
198 posts
5,578 battles

As already mentioned, all the camos are the same and does still include the New Orleans though it's at T7.  Below is a screenshot from inventory.

Screenshot_2.png

[PVE]
Members
9,767 posts
7,478 battles
7 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It kept the camo and can still be fitted. I have it on mine occasionally. Made sure I had that one in case they pulled those crates at the same time as the 3rd anniversary ones.

Shiny

Ninja'd on the inventory pic

• Funny 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,047 posts
6 hours ago, _1204_ said:

I really only play the monarch, and reading on the wiki the mo arch camo is the final reward, not just one stage. Is the camo just the purplish one with a red accent? 

No idea as I don't play the Monarch  :Smile_sad:

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

It's kind of a two-tone gray with some black bits and a red swoosh. Actually if I remember from my Charles Martel the bonuses are better than the doubloon camo at tier 8, plus it doesn't look half bad.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,343 posts
4,275 battles
1 hour ago, Landsraad said:

Actually if I remember from my Charles Martel the bonuses are better than the doubloon camo at tier 8

Just from using it on the New Orleans a few times, I note that you get bonuses to free XP and captain XP but NOT, please note NOT, to ship XP. However, the combat and cost-reduction bonuses do apply, and that's why I'm happy to have it for the Monarch when I eventually grind her out. 

[PVE]
Members
9,767 posts
7,478 battles

Here is what the 2nd Anniversary camo looks like on the New Orleans (I don't have the other ships yet) and the bonuses in the upper left.

EVLbBSY.jpg

Members
2,481 posts
2,336 battles

Other camos should roughly be the same. They neat and the bonus are nice. Makes me wonder if they'd make as good if not better captain trainers than a premium ship? Edit: Nvm, brain farted the ship change penalties. 

441ba6f4-9301-11e7-be37-ac162d8bc1e4_120

21afd87c-9308-11e7-9f66-38eaa7374f3c.jpg

Edited by Yoshiblue

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,047 posts
8 hours ago, Yoshiblue said:

Other camos should roughly be the same. They neat and the bonus are nice. Makes me wonder if they'd make as good if not better captain trainers than a premium ship? Edit: Nvm, brain farted the ship change penalties. 

441ba6f4-9301-11e7-be37-ac162d8bc1e4_120

21afd87c-9308-11e7-9f66-38eaa7374f3c.jpg

I don't know about the other camos as I don't have the ships those go on  However the camo for the New Orleans is actually better than camo you can buy for her the 2 Years of Warships Collection Camo  gives  -3%  To Ship Surface Detectability Range  +4 to Dispersion of shells fired at your ship -10% of after battle costs  +50%  Commander Exp earned in Battle   +50%  FreeExp  Earned in Battle,       Whereas the one you can buy gives -3%  Ship Surface Detectability  +4%  Dispersion of Shells fired at your ship  -10%  After Battle Costs +50% Exp earned in Battle all in all this makes for a better than average Commander Trainer and for the small price completing the 2 Years Warships Collection I and a friend got the camo from collection just because of this and I encorage anyone playing these ships to do the same and reap the rewards thereof:Smile_honoring:

[-WPG-]
Members
809 posts
3,352 battles
18 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

However the camo for the New Orleans is actually better than camo you can buy for her 

That's debatable. If you're prioritizing free XP then I guess so.  But arguably the biggest reason for permacamo is a faster grind, without having to burn expendable camos.  A 50% XP bonus is also 50% commander XP bonus.  The anniversary collection permacamos sacrifice that faster grind for free XP. 

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,047 posts
1 hour ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

That's debatable. If you're prioritizing free XP then I guess so.  But arguably the biggest reason for permacamo is a faster grind, without having to burn expendable camos.  A 50% XP bonus is also 50% commander XP bonus.  The anniversary collection permacamos sacrifice that faster grind for free XP. 

Except  as I quoted  with the 2 Rears Camo you get +50 Commander Exp AND +50%  FreeExp now if the point you were trying to make was your sacrificing +50% Ship Exp  you'd be right however if you've already researched past the                                       New Orleans..........................................................

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Cool 1

[-WPG-]
Members
809 posts
3,352 battles
5 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

Except  as I quoted  with the 2 Rears Camo you get +50 Commander Exp AND +50%  FreeExp now if the point you were trying to make was your sacrificing +50% Ship Exp  you'd be right however if you've already researched past the                                       New Orleans..........................................................

You're missing the point that 50% xp also gives you 50% commander xp, since commander xp is mirrored to xp. In 2 identical games, you will earn the same commander xp with the anniversary camo as you would with the normal permacamo, but the former gives you 50% less XP than the latter..

With 1000xp as an example:

Normal permacamo - 1500xp, 1500 captain xp, 50 free xp

Anniversay camo - 1000xp, 1500 captain xp, 100 free xp

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,047 posts
2 hours ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

You're missing the point that 50% xp also gives you 50% commander xp, since commander xp is mirrored to xp. In 2 identical games, you will earn the same commander xp with the anniversary camo as you would with the normal permacamo, but the former gives you 50% less XP than the latter..

Clear as mud.  

• Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,047 posts
1 hour ago, shadowsrmine said:

Clear as mud.  

3 hours ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Youir  doing a very bad job of explaining why you'd Get More That Way than the Other (At Least To My Eyes)

• Bad 1

[-WPG-]
Members
809 posts
3,352 battles
1 minute ago, shadowsrmine said:

Youir  doing a very bad job of explaining why you'd Get More That Way than the Other (At Least To My Eyes)

Those are the facts of how xp works. You're trading xp bonus with normal permacamo, which helps grind to the next line faster, for a free xp bonus, which is a smaller benefit but can be used for many things. The commander xp is identical with both camos.

I gave you a very specific example. What about the facts I laid out are you unclear to you?