You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CylonRed

Ugh - had to go back to coop for a couple games...

21 comments in this topic

Members
3,490 posts
6,189 battles

I always feel like I need a shower afterward...

Edited by CylonRed
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 10

[PVE]
Members
9,922 posts
7,492 battles

Yeah, the PvP main dirty ring they around the co-op maps takes forever to clean up. :Smile_teethhappy: 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[INTEL]
Members
6,674 posts
25,826 battles

WTH you talking about?

A shower for killing bots?

You may need one for seal clubbing not for PvE.  Coop is fine and has lots of people that like it. Nothing wrong with it. If you don't like it, don't play it, unless you turned orange, in which case shame on you,

[XBRTC]
Members
1,424 posts
7,482 battles

I did the other day, too. Had to get top three on both teams in two games for this British stuff, and ... yeah, it only took 2 games to do it. 

The quality of the gameplay there was... yeah. It was like flipping the switch to easy mode.

• Boring 2
  • Bad 4

Members
3,490 posts
6,189 battles
26 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

WTH you talking about?

A shower for killing bots?

You may need one for seal clubbing not for PvE.  Coop is fine and has lots of people that like it. Nothing wrong with it. If you don't like it, don't play it, unless you turned orange, in which case shame on you,

It just seems wrong to have a 100% WR in the last 82 games (in the last 284 days) and 99.09% WR in the last 110 games (538 days) in WoWs ...  Though I have read about the changes and my first torp from  bot DD was incredibly tight grouping caught me by surprise.

Edited by CylonRed

[SAY]
Members
18 posts
2,428 battles

Yeah, the bots are real friendly to you for the first 5-6 games.

They sail right up to you with their guns pointed the other way.  They show full broadside for 3 full salvoes...

And if you are low-health, they lose interest and move on to another target.

But after those first few....   Then it's full-on TERMINATOR.

They do a River-dance around your torpedoes.  They change course - the moment you fire a salvo.  And they work together to--- (BOOM..  Ziiiinnnnngggnnnngggnnggg  ..  where the heck did that come fro- BOOM..  Ziiiinnnnngggnnnngggnnggg)

And a T10 bot can reach out and delete you half the map away.  Dip, Dodge, Duck...   Whatever..  Unless you have an island to get behind, you are dead.

[ONAVY]
Members
789 posts
6,323 battles
28 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

It just seems wrong to have a 100% WR in the last 82 games (in the last 284 days) and 99.09% WR in the last 110 games (538 days) in WoWs ...  Though I have read about the changes and my first torp from  bot DD was incredibly tight grouping caught me by surprise.

Couple of games huh? lol too funny

[SS238]
[SS238]
Members
138 posts
22,835 battles

I pay almost exclusively PVE. After 20,000+ games, I can tell you a thing or two about Bots

Bot play can range from easy mode to OMG!. On any given day you can run through the bots like a crazed lawnmower, laying waste right and left. The next game you can have your head handed to you on a platter, nicely garnished with citadels and torpedoes. Bots are really the best type of opponent. They don't crow and rub your nose in it when they win, an they don't fill the chat with salt when they die. You can count on them to be aggressive, and not sulk in corners waiting for others to take the caps and the risks. It makes for fast, fun action, a reasonable level of difficulty (usually) and a relaxing way to burn off the days frustrations.

I gon't play this game to stroke my ego at another persons expense. I play this game for fun. For me, coop is fun.

One size does not fit all. If you like PVE, great. Enjoy!

I won't rain on your parade if you don't rain on mine.

Edited by mushmouthmorton
sp
  • Cool 15

[PVE]
Members
9,922 posts
7,492 battles
9 minutes ago, mushmouthmorton said:

I pay almost exclusively PVE. After 20,000+ games, I can tell you a thing or two about Bots

Bot play can range from easy mode to OMG!. On any given day you can run through the bots like a crazed lawnmower, laying waste right and left. The next game you can have your head handed to you on a platter, nicely garnished with citadels and torpedoes. Bots are really the best type of opponent. They don't crow and rub your nose in it when they win, an they don't fill the chat with salt when they die. You can count on them to be aggressive, and not sulk in corners waiting for others to take the caps and the risks. It makes for fast, fun action, a reasonable level of difficulty (usually) and a relaxing way to burn off the days frustrations.

I gon't play this game to stroke my ego at another persons expense. I play this game for fun. For me, coop is fun.

:Smile_honoring:

[INTEL]
Members
6,674 posts
25,826 battles
7 hours ago, mushmouthmorton said:

Well said. I play a lot of Randoms but a lot of PvE (actually more) for fun too. Takes longer to get the XP for the daily containers but fight are short and sometimes intense. Always fun (unless you detonate).

I like PvE and know my way around the cheating bots, though their impossible torpedo-beats are sometimes frustrating.

Let each player play the mode they like best. Nothing wrong with that.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
5,681 posts
18,265 battles

Nicely said Mush! +1

Heck I just love blasting bots. Love the arcade nature of it, love getting my furry buttocks handed to me on a plate every once in a while by a mindless piece of software. I always laugh when the humans lose, it happens rarely but it always brings a smile to my face.

Mush  is right, they are the perfect opponent. They die silently without complaint and win quietly, without gloating. I find the bots to be far more gallant players than many humans in the game.

Course now with the new AI change they behave like human players and run when you start to shoot at them. Add in some AI generated taunts/insults and you won't be able to tell the difference between PvE and PvP play.

Edited by Taylor3006

[T-RIP]
[T-RIP]
Members
1,045 posts
8,082 battles
23 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Add in some AI generated taunts/insults

That would actually be hilarious!  :Smile_teethhappy:

[PVE]
Members
5,681 posts
18,265 battles
7 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

It actually would add some fun to the game but doubt they would do it. Removing fun from their entertainment products is what Wargaming seems to excel at...

• Funny 1

Members
22 posts
10 hours ago, CylonRed said:

I always feel like I need a shower afterward...

If PvE makes you soil yourself in unsanitary ways, maybe you should stay away, n'est-ce pas?

OTOH, I always thought trolls enjoyed wallowing in their own funk.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

[ARGSY]
Members
6,447 posts
4,302 battles
1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

my furry buttocks

Too much info, Taylor. Way, WAY too much info. Remind me to bring wolfsbane if we ever meet up over a beer or two. :Smile_teethhappy:

I went into co-op last night to finish off a damage requirement for directive IV in British destroyers. The torpedo beats were dialled up to 12 at max range, but OTOH the MM was merciful, friendly players provided helpful distractions, and I was able to YOLO rush battleships to the point where dodging was a non-issue. Although I was using the Gallant, it made me think that these new British destroyers just MIGHT find a niche being a friendly battleship's torpedo tubes when the range gets close, especially in the lower tiers where the BB's are slow and you don't need the boost you don't have to get that speed advantage for the charge. If your own BB is suffering and outnumbered, you could easily be their salvation.

On the flip side, I ran into an Acasta driver in my Gallant in Randoms, who nearly handed me my own backside and would have done so but for the help of a team-mate. It all comes down to who shoots AND dodges the best, and this guy was better than me. It was all I could do to keep him distracted.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
9,922 posts
7,492 battles
1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

Add in some AI generated taunts/insults and you won't be able to tell the difference between PvE and PvP play.

57 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

The bots have filthy, filthy mouths and all got a permanent chat ban awhile back. Too much of things like this.

01010011 01110100 01101001 01100011 01101011 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110000 01100001 01110010 01100001 01101100 01101100 01100101 01101100 00100000 01100011 01101111 01101110 01101110 01100101 01100011 01110100 01101111 01110010 00100000 01101001 01101110 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 01110010 00100000 01110011 01100101 01110010 01101001 01100001 01101100 00100000 01110000 01101111 01110010 01110100 00101110

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
5,681 posts
18,265 battles

LOL Kiz. I am out of up votes, gonna owe ya one. Thanks for the laugh! 

• Cool 1

[T-RIP]
[T-RIP]
Members
1,045 posts
8,082 battles
2 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

LOL Kiz. I am out of up votes, gonna owe ya one. Thanks for the laugh! 

I got you covered on this one! +1, Kizarvexis only gets half the upvotes he deserves most times.  

[PVE]
Members
9,922 posts
7,492 battles
2 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

I got you covered on this one! +1, Kizarvexis only gets half the upvotes he deserves most times.  

:Smile_teethhappy: :Smile_honoring:

Members
3,490 posts
6,189 battles
17 hours ago, mushmouthmorton said:

I don't think anyone 'rained' on your parade at all...

OTOH, I always thought trolls enjoyed wallowing in their own funk.

Since I am not trolling - I don't like wallowing in my own funk (nor my teens funk).  :)

Edited by CylonRed

[WOLF6]
Members
65 posts
2,140 battles

One of these days I'll figure out the up/down vote process :cap_wander: