Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BlailBlerg

What to do with YY?

9 comments in this topic

[FAE]
Members
2,161 posts
2,635 battles

Hiya 

So, I run radar right now in Randoms. I do hear that you should use smoke, but the prevalence of radar makes that seem well... questionable. 

Things are generally going ok. But I'd like to hear some of your more advanced advice for this ship. 

I do find that I want to torp more than I do now. Also, attempting to contest a cap or pushing into rocky areas means like zero torping and huge lack of damage ability, as honestly the USN guns are pretty awful in open water against anything nowadays, gunboat IJNs and any cruiser at all. 

[FAE]
Members
2,161 posts
2,635 battles

Also does anyone have any experience with the unique upgrade? Is it worth using? Should one switch to smoke for that to utilize the better gun reload? 

[FAE]
Members
2,161 posts
2,635 battles

Oh one last thing: I find that the forward gun config on Gearing and YY nowadays doesn't really help, as there's rarely anything you want to charge. Only like IJN torp boats have worse gun power nowadays.. anything else?? 

[INTEL]
Members
6,662 posts
25,726 battles

I run mine with smoke (except in Ranked) and do not cap early. The longer you survive the more useful you are. Dying early for the sake of a cap is not worth it. This applies to all T10 DDs due to the prevalence of radar.

Do not have the Legendary Upgrade for Yue Yang nor do I plan to use it. It is a bad idea. Loses concealment and smoke/radar duration. What for? Nope.

Edited by alexf24

Supertester
755 posts
3,485 battles

Personally I run her as a kiting torp boat with smoke, typically I will sit at the edge of radar range and flank if I can't take a cap.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,341 posts
14,842 battles

Radar is somewhat useful if divisioning, CBs, and maybe ranked.  It requires active teams to work.

[AAA]
Members
427 posts
5,448 battles

I run radar always with the YY. She is set up as a torp boat but do have bft. 2.7 sec reload. I use radar when a dd smokes and hides. The last thing they expect is a dd to charge them down. Charge smoke pop radar daka daka daka. 

Not early. I don’t try to cap early

[FAE]
Members
2,161 posts
2,635 battles

Ive been doing basically radar pops to find things around rocks with my radar, blind guesses just to check. Might still work with the Unique Upgrade... though I can't remember what you give up. Concealment? 

So dumb lol

Beta Testers
1,836 posts
10,762 battles

Radar torp boat here. Contesting caps doesn't pay with all the radar in game. Flanking, spotting, and torping early in the match. Or get up to the cap and radar the red DDs to get them killed without you firing a shot. The very least you will get them scattered out of the cap.

Sign in to follow this