You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

What's up with Prinz Eitel Friedrich

36 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,966 posts
10,751 battles

So does anyone have any updates on the coming soonTM T6 German Battlecruiser Battleship Prinz Eitel Friedrich? Lots of videos and talk when it was 1st announced but now nothing but tumbleweeds and crickets? I was/am looking forward to this one but haven't heard a peep on it for quite a while now.

• Cool 4

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,233 posts
14,657 battles

She's being held back in port due to the Royal Navy blockade.  But don't worry.  Ze Germans will have to come out and play eventually, and the Royal Navy will greet them.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Members
297 posts
39 battles
4 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

She's being held back in port due to the Royal Navy blockade.  But don't worry.  Ze Germans will have to come out and play eventually, and the Royal Navy will greet them.

So they can get stomped by German battlecruisers in this game, just like at Jutland!

• Funny 3

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,837 posts
9,951 battles

at the moment, there is "flotilla" of the RN dd blockage that the t6 cant even get out of her port, risk getting sink

So hang in there tight

Soon™

[POP]
Members
861 posts
9,853 battles

I hope it doesn't take 3 months to get Prinz Eitel!

I bought a Dasha captain just to drive it!

[INTEL]
Members
6,675 posts
25,840 battles

It is in the dry dock where they kept T-61 for ages. I hear those dock workers are not too fast, just meticulous.

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles

Shes chilling in the queue with Jean Bart

[RLGN]
Members
8,309 posts
17,365 battles
57 minutes ago, TheSeventhSeeker said:

So they can get stomped by German battlecruisers in this game, just like at Jutland!

Then I would rather have Sedlitz...

Dreadnaught, Unsinkable, Fireproof, and who knows what else; all in one battle.

• Cool 2

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,008 posts
4,451 battles
25 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Then I would rather have Sedlitz...

Dreadnaught, Unsinkable, Fireproof, and who knows what else; all in one battle.

dont forget the HMS invisible.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,503 posts
3,435 battles

She'll be released whenever WG is ready to release her, just like T-61, Haida, and Cossack. Right now, Cossack is currently the hot-seller, along with some of their other temporary shop bundles. Once those go away, or sales drop, expect PeF or some other Premium that's ready to go to be released afterwards (if there's any; Le Terrible being the only other one that appears to be ready).

Personally, I'm actually expecting JB and Alaska to be released ahead of PeF. Jean Bart has been an overall demanded Premium (across all servers; but more EU/Asia/RU) whereas Alaska is mostly an NA-demanded Premium. Le Terrible could likely be released alongside JB, and maybe even Bourgogne, just to wrap up the French Premiums for the time being (at least until the French DD line comes, probably sometime next year). That's assuming WG doesn't suddenly toss out an upgraded Lyon-class at T8, with superfiring AB turrets and a shifted back superstructure + speed boost + better accuracy + modernized Richelieu-style DPs.

Beta Testers
1,332 posts
3,591 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

So does anyone have any updates on the coming soonTM T6 German Battlecruiser Battleship Prinz Eitel Friedrich? Lots of videos and talk when it was 1st announced but now nothing but tumbleweeds and crickets? I was/am looking forward to this one but haven't heard a peep on it for quite a while now.

watch notser's video on this he explains that it is going back for the second round of testing.

[SALVO]
Members
17,155 posts
17,812 battles
14 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

She'll be released whenever WG is ready to release her, just like T-61, Haida, and Cossack. Right now, Cossack is currently the hot-seller, along with some of their other temporary shop bundles. Once those go away, or sales drop, expect PeF or some other Premium that's ready to go to be released afterwards (if there's any; Le Terrible being the only other one that appears to be ready).

Personally, I'm actually expecting JB and Alaska to be released ahead of PeF. Jean Bart has been an overall demanded Premium (across all servers; but more EU/Asia/RU) whereas Alaska is mostly an NA-demanded Premium. Le Terrible could likely be released alongside JB, and maybe even Bourgogne, just to wrap up the French Premiums for the time being (at least until the French DD line comes, probably sometime next year). That's assuming WG doesn't suddenly toss out an upgraded Lyon-class at T8, with superfiring AB turrets and a shifted back superstructure + speed boost + better accuracy + modernized Richelieu-style DPs.

Why not an upgraded tier 7 Dunkerque, i.e. the Strasbourg?  (What IMO the Dunkerque should have been all along.)  Maybe take the Dunkerque, give it speed boost and the reload booster, and perhaps a buff to her guns, if necessary to make her tier 7 worthy.  And just use the Dunk's sister ship's name, i.e. the Strasbourg.  And then you'll have a pretty legit tier 7 French BB.  And one that's pretty historical.

• Cool 1

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,880 posts
4,757 battles

Coming soon to a blackade near you.

1_R8JvicWmiC9g7nwZO9voPQ.jpeg

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
1,172 posts
15,156 battles
2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Sorry Admiral latest rumour its being held back for grand release to coincide with the release of the new German Submarine tech tree line  :Smile_teethhappy:

Image result for u boat wolfpack

Wolf pack DIV at there finest :Smile_great: 

Edited by tm63au

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,233 posts
14,657 battles
2 hours ago, TheSeventhSeeker said:

How so?  They failed in their job which was to break the blockade that was strangling Germany :Smile_glasses:  When the cease fire came about, both hands of the Royal Navy were firmly wrapped around Germany's throat.  That doesn't look at all like the RN getting "stomped" :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,233 posts
14,657 battles
20 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

Bring it!

Hedgehog_anti-submarine_mortar.jpg

Look forward to see what kind of ASW is going to be allowed in WoWS.

• Cool 2

[POP]
Members
1,172 posts
15,156 battles
23 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

Blockade breaker working as intended  Kapitan  :Smile_honoring:

plus 1

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
1,172 posts
15,156 battles
5 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Bring it!

Hedgehog_anti-submarine_mortar.jpg

Look forward to see what kind of ASW is going to be allowed in WoWS.

Not yet Kamerdan @HazeGrayUnderway

Image result for not yet kameraden

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,503 posts
3,435 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

Why not an upgraded tier 7 Dunkerque, i.e. the Strasbourg?  (What IMO the Dunkerque should have been all along.)  Maybe take the Dunkerque, give it speed boost and the reload booster, and perhaps a buff to her guns, if necessary to make her tier 7 worthy.  And just use the Dunk's sister ship's name, i.e. the Strasbourg.  And then you'll have a pretty legit tier 7 French BB.  And one that's pretty historical.

Why not both?

WG already mentioned that they omitted Strasbourg from the line since she'd be better off as a Premium, considering the level of upgrades/updates she got over Dunkerque, and the need to balance her differently from a more traditional battleship like Normandie and Lyon in consideration for gun caliber.

Ironically enough, French BBs have good uptiering potential. Strasbourg due to her actual history, but Lyon can just as easily uptier with a slight change to the design that still makes more sense than what we got. WG insists that Lyon could get a proper speed boost from the changes and hypothetical refit they made, but it doesn't quite make sense with the B turret and its barbette in its place over where some machinery for that speed would have been. Now if they were to switch the B turret with the superstructure, and make the B turret superfiring over the A turret, and move back the superstructure, that frees up more space for the theoretical refit machinery and other upgrades.

In-game, this would also be a net buff to her offensive capabilities; being able to bring 8-8 front or rear. This also frees up more space along the centerline for additional DPs or a modernized update to the same DP mounts used on Richelieu, as well as some armoring upgrades for T8. Just tighten the accuracy for T8 and modernize the AA/secondaries, and go with a more realistic armor scheme that is suitable for T8, and she'd be fairly strong, with the only real weakness being a lack of speed (even with speed boost) and gun caliber. She'd have to pick her fights carefully as well, and shift regularly between HE and AP. While she won't have RN HE spam like KGV, she has enough shells for more fire chance rolls.

• Cool 1

[CO_OP]
Beta Testers
160 posts
2,840 battles
1 hour ago, Dr_Venture said:

I-400-2-e1501514133493.jpg

I NEED MY I 400 .... AND MY KAITENS

Maybe the PEF will show up in christmas...?

[POP]
Members
861 posts
9,853 battles
4 hours ago, tm63au said:

Sorry Admiral latest rumour its being held back for grand release to coincide with the release of the new German Submarine tech tree line  :Smile_teethhappy:

Image result for u boat wolfpack

Wolf pack DIV at there finest :Smile_great: 

This is might be a sign the Prinz Eitel would carry torpedoes?

I like the idea!

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,966 posts
10,751 battles
11 hours ago, landedkiller said:

watch notser's video on this he explains that it is going back for the second round of testing.

Ah thanks.

• Cool 1