Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
warheart1992

The type of premium ship the game is currently missing....

26 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

723
[HYDRO]
Members
1,563 posts
3,751 battles

....Is a high tier light cruiser. Kutuzov has become unavailable for better or for worse and the only tier VIII premium cruisers are heavy ones.

The tier IX premium cruisers are their own category entirely.

In the meantime we got an upcoming Tier IX BB (Jean Bart) ; a West Virginia that almost nobody really wants in the form she is depicted; a heavy cruiser, Wichita; a Tier IX "large cruiser", Alaska  and the  fourth premium RN BB, Vanguard.

I feel with a bit of searching candidates can be found (De Grasse after modernization, or the late dseehafer's proposal for a Hipper class with 150mm's spring to mind).

Sadly the pessimist in me fears it will be quite a while before we see a Tier VIII+  premium CL :Smile_sceptic:.

Edited by warheart1992

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles

We need T9 Belfast, just double rate of fire, give it torps, and change the name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
116
[MKF]
Members
410 posts
15,094 battles
6 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

We need T9 Belfast, just double rate of fire, give it torps, and change the name.

Or just give kitakaze radar and you're there...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,821 posts
5,596 battles

Why not just make one of the two Fargo-(sub)class CLs into a premium. It's technically a missing class for USN cruisers. It would be a unique model, but would play similarly to Cleveland, so it would provide a familiar playstyle and function as a trainer type premium that's more meant to be a workhorse than a gimmick machine. I bet it would easily slot into T8 next to Cleveland.

Edited by GhostSwordsman
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
69
[AAA]
Members
427 posts
5,431 battles

Kutuzov has been permanently removed from sale because it was OP like Belfast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,360
[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,405 posts
3,875 battles

USS Montpelier, Cleveland class. Among the 16 battle stars earned, she was present at Empress Augusta Bay and thus ties into the Operation Cherry Blossom scenario.

 

If it needs a gimmick, give it USSR radar characteristics. That'll make everyone happy.

 

More seriously, trade radar for a heal, make it a USN Atago.

Edited by KiyoSenkan
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
723
[HYDRO]
Members
1,563 posts
3,751 battles
5 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Why not just make one of the two Fargo-(sub)class CLs into a premium. It's technically a missing class for USN cruisers. It would be a unique model, but would play similarly to Cleveland, so it would provide a familiar playstyle and function as a trainer type premium that's more meant to be a workhorse than a gimmick machine. I bet it would easily slot into T8 next to Cleveland.

Who knows why it hasn't made it into the game yet. There could be a good opportunity for her introduction to coincide with the USN line split instead of the Boise...

1 minute ago, wstugamd said:

Kutuzov has been permanently removed from sale because it was OP like Belfast

Yes, I am aware of that. I am just discussing mostly the gap that Kutuzov's removal left, one that hasn't been filled yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
109
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
612 posts
4,826 battles

Id love to see some high tier light cruisers as well.

Nothing as OP as the Belfast but there could be some great options. 

Sadly though i think it will come with radar. What doesn't now days?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
69
[AAA]
Members
427 posts
5,431 battles
3 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Who knows why it hasn't made it into the game yet. There could be a good opportunity for her introduction to coincide with the USN line split instead of the Boise...

Yes, I am aware of that. I am just discussing mostly the gap that Kutuzov's removal left, one that hasn't been filled yet.

The Molotov is fun. Until a destroyer citadels you from 10 km out but then guns rock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
69
[AAA]
Members
427 posts
5,431 battles
Just now, _greifer said:

Id love to see some high tier light cruisers as well.

Nothing as OP as the Belfast but there could be some great options. 

Sadly though i think it will come with radar. What doesn't now days?

I am in the minority but Belfast just isn’t op anymore. With all the radar she can’t cap smoke and pop radar. She can smoke as long as there is a ship spotting for her but her guns. Are pretty short range and her radar is short and brief. 

I don’t think Kutuzov is op either. 

Or maybe I’m just below average player

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,179
[PVE]
Members
9,620 posts
7,466 battles
9 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

USS Montpelier, Cleveland class. Among the 16 battle stars earned, she was present at Empress Augusta Bay and thus ties into the Operation Cherry Blossom scenario.

 

If it needs a gimmick, give it USSR radar characteristics. That'll make everyone happy.

 

More seriously, trade radar for a heal, make it a USN Atago.

I like that idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
109
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
612 posts
4,826 battles
1 minute ago, wstugamd said:

I am in the minority but Belfast just isn’t op anymore. With all the radar she can’t cap smoke and pop radar. She can smoke as long as there is a ship spotting for her but her guns. Are pretty short range and her radar is short and brief. 

I don’t think Kutuzov is op either. 

Or maybe I’m just below average player

I find the Belfast very OP still. I have two 19 point captain builds for her (IFHE or long range AA).

It depends on my whimsies which captain gets a go. 

The Belfast excels at holding a flank or destroying DDs early and can still earn huge number games. I don't take mine out often as i feel is seal clubbing every game even when against t9s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
69
[AAA]
Members
427 posts
5,431 battles
12 minutes ago, _greifer said:

I find the Belfast very OP still. I have two 19 point captain builds for her (IFHE or long range AA).

It depends on my whimsies which captain gets a go. 

The Belfast excels at holding a flank or destroying DDs early and can still earn huge number games. I don't take mine out often as i feel is seal clubbing every game even when against t9s.

If I push early or get left on a flank I die rather fast

however in the Russian t7-8s I do all sorts of nasty things with those guns

Edited by wstugamd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
443
[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,601 posts
4,025 battles
30 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Why not just make one of the two Fargo-(sub)class CLs into a premium. It's technically a missing class for USN cruisers. It would be a unique model, but would play similarly to Cleveland, so it would provide a familiar playstyle and function as a trainer type premium that's more meant to be a workhorse than a gimmick machine. I bet it would easily slot into T8 next to Cleveland.

So...

<.<

>.>

...what gimmick should it get?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,821 posts
5,596 battles
32 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Who knows why it hasn't made it into the game yet. There could be a good opportunity for her introduction to coincide with the USN line split instead of the Boise...

I'm pretty sure Boise was an afterthought(partly due to the small outcry from some on NA over NDJ being confirmed but the name being Boise in testing).

Personally, I don't like that we got Boise. I would have rather had USS Honolulu or some other Brooklyn-class as the USN premium. Boise is just a copy paste of NDJ. Evident by the fact that Boise is missing her aircraft catapults, which to my knowledge, were only removed shortly before Boise was sold to the Argentine Navy. Also that Boise can't hit the 32.5kts the Brooklyn-class was capable of in the 1940s, which I guess NDJ was slower due to the age of her boilers and the state of disrepair the ship was in at that point in time. That's one of the major reasons why I would have rather seen another Brooklyn-class be the premium. Then we could have gotten a 1940s USN premium. Usually WG is good on making the premiums historically accurate to a specific year, which Boise in her current form technically isn't(because it wasn't Boise, it was NDJ in that form).

9 minutes ago, Fishrokk said:

So...

<.<

>.>

...what gimmick should it get?

A brand new gimmick, never before released in any WoWs premium. It's gimmick will be.... the lack of a gimmick. :Smile_teethhappy:

 

33 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

USS Montpelier, Cleveland class. Among the 16 battle stars earned, she was present at Empress Augusta Bay and thus ties into the Operation Cherry Blossom scenario.

 

If it needs a gimmick, give it USSR radar characteristics. That'll make everyone happy.

 

More seriously, trade radar for a heal, make it a USN Atago.

I also like this idea. Montpelier also has an Azur Lane persona, so that's another potential captain with the AL collab.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,873
[HINON]
Supertester
19,204 posts
12,732 battles

Hipper 150mm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
102
[PVE]
Members
507 posts
4,326 battles
1 hour ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Why not just make one of the two Fargo-(sub)class CLs into a premium. It's technically a missing class for USN cruisers. It would be a unique model, but would play similarly to Cleveland, so it would provide a familiar playstyle and function as a trainer type premium that's more meant to be a workhorse than a gimmick machine. I bet it would easily slot into T8 next to Cleveland.

 

55 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

More seriously, trade radar for a heal, make it a USN Atago.

Combine these two and I am sold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
121
[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
504 posts
1,028 battles

The Brits could use a replacement premium cruiser...or is Cossack the new RN light cruiser? :cap_yes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FBXGC]
Members
114 posts
1,555 battles

I don't really feel like we need any more US cruisers at the moment. We already have a split line,  Salem, Flint, Indy, Boise, Marblehead(x2), Atlanta,  Albany, and Alaska. That's 24 US Cruisers.  Counting the rest of the lines,  we have 62 U.S. Ships in game. Maybe we could get the Italian lines and a few more premiums on under represented lines first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
723
[HYDRO]
Members
1,563 posts
3,751 battles
4 minutes ago, Bonfor said:

The Brits could use a replacement premium cruiser...or is Cossack the new RN light cruiser? :cap_yes:

@mofton has frequently made topics on how the Brits could easily get Dido (which seems to be coming to Blitz)or Sheffield. 

Aside from these two, Swiftsure or any of her sister  ships of the Minotaur class could also be implemented.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
93
[LANCE]
Members
307 posts
3,250 battles

With the Belfast gone there is no RN CL. I’ve copied and pasted some info I posted in a previous post similar to this.

The Edinburgh is the last class of the Town Class RN CL.. Her sister ship is in fact the Belfast .. funny how the prem is tier 7 and Edinburgh tier 8.

There was also the Southampton Class and Gloucester Class both boasting multiple ships

Southhampton Class has 5 ships :

Newcastle, Southampton, Sheffield, Glasgow and Birmingham (my grandad served on the HMS Birmingham during WWII)

Glouster Class has 3 ships :

Liverpool, Manchester and Glouster

I’d be happy to see any of these balanced as a tier 8 trainer but for obvious reasons would love to see HMS Birmingham.

P.S. No gimmicks needed!! No HE, just very similar playstyle to the rest of the RN CL’s

Edited by Bravo4zero
Added P.S.
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
875
[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,448 posts
8,096 battles
2 hours ago, wstugamd said:

Kutuzov has been permanently removed from sale because it was OP like Belfast

Except potentially in the massive several hundred dollar bundle with pretty much every ship ever (last year I think it was it had 1 or 2 of the "no sell" ships) or should balance and things change that it is no longer deemed OP, which is basically if they ever fix radar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
69
[AAA]
Members
427 posts
5,431 battles
2 hours ago, WanderingGhost said:

Except potentially in the massive several hundred dollar bundle with pretty much every ship ever (last year I think it was it had 1 or 2 of the "no sell" ships) or should balance and things change that it is no longer deemed OP, which is basically if they ever fix radar.

Honestly there is little difference between Kutuzov and the Chapy. Those guns are fantastic. Smoke is nice if you have dds spotting. Radar is good but I like to hang at max range as neither hold up well in a brawl. I love them Russian guns but I prefer the AK to the AR so who says I’m biased comrade?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
2,983 posts
4,388 battles
4 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

....Is a high tier light cruiser. Kutuzov has become unavailable for better or for worse and the only tier VIII premium cruisers are heavy ones.

The tier IX premium cruisers are their own category entirely.

In the meantime we got an upcoming Tier IX BB (Jean Bart) ; a West Virginia that almost nobody really wants in the form she is depicted; a heavy cruiser, Wichita; a Tier IX "large cruiser", Alaska  and the  fourth premium RN BB, Vanguard.

I feel with a bit of searching candidates can be found (De Grasse after modernization, or the late dseehafer's proposal for a Hipper class with 150mm's spring to mind).

Sadly the pessimist in me fears it will be quite a while before we see a Tier VIII+  premium CL :Smile_sceptic:.

you forgot le terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×