Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CrazyHorse_Denver

What works best in reporting...

15 comments in this topic

Members
1,029 posts
13,067 battles

… an abusive chat report or an unsportsmanlike report.

Once yesterday and again today I had the same player on my team. You know the type... armchair admiral that spends the entire game telling others what to do and when they ignore him calls them things like "idiot". It of course only gets worse once he dies which he did early both times.

Yesterday I did the unsportsmanlike but today I did the chat report. Which do you think works best?

Too bad that naming and shaming is a thing around here as I'd surely love to let everyone know who this nimrod is.:Smile_facepalm:

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts

Misbehavior in chat is the only one that actually does anything and it takes a lot of people reporting for it to matter.

Members
1,349 posts
506 battles

was it me???? it was probably me... if you tend to be bad I might suggest not being bad.... so it might have been me...so when I looked I think maybe it might actually have been me and I was right so no report needed...

Edited by neptunes_wrath

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
9,718 posts
3,941 battles

If it's a clanner that is particularly salty I might send their leadership some screenshots. If it's just some rando and the salt is equally off the charts or theres some discrimination or slurs I'll file a ticket with a replay.

But just having a dude pop off about idiot this moron that with no cursing or anger I'll just ignore it and move on as that's not even close to reportable to me.

Members
1,029 posts
13,067 battles
1 minute ago, neptunes_wrath said:

was it me???? it was probably me... if you tend to be bad I might suggest not being bad.... so it might have been me...

No not you.

It also had nothing to do with bad play. In todays game he was harping on what 2 of our DDs should be doing. Both of those DDs helped turn the enemy's flank and win the game. One of them was on the top of the leader board with 4 kills. He was just upset because they didn't go where he wanted them to go.

[TBW]
Members
6,420 posts
12,065 battles

I just don't pay attention to to the chat unless it's a quick command. I don't have time to read or type in battle. Unless i want the replay, I don't stick around either. Since I don't type foolish stuff, I don't have to worry about what I said for the replay.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
1,858 posts
17,674 battles
51 minutes ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

Once yesterday and again today I had the same player on my team. You know the type... armchair admiral that spends the entire game telling others what to do and when they ignore him calls them things like "idiot". It of course only gets worse once he dies which he did early both times.

Yesterday I did the unsportsmanlike but today I did the chat report. Which do you think works best?

Too bad that naming and shaming is a thing around here as I'd surely love to let everyone know who this nimrod is.:Smile_facepalm:

If enough chat reports get stacked up in a certain amount of time he will get a warning & then if enough more get stacked up he will get a very temporary chat ban so it's all a waste of time really...best advice...just ignore & move on.

[-WPG-]
Members
824 posts
3,401 battles

Does reporting someone as afk affect karma, now that afk reporting is automated? It's annoying when there are only 2 DDs on a team and one is afk for 2 minutes, affecting the ability to push a cap. 

[ONAVY]
Members
789 posts
6,323 battles

Balls son balls gives orders...

[TDRB]
Members
1,141 posts
4,280 battles

What "works best" still can be a very poor deterrent. Yes, some simple need their face used as a punching bag everytime they use chat. If that was possible it would still be illegal so the next best thing, IMO, is to ignore chat.

Members
571 posts

Post a replay on facebook show the population want an azz ho looks like... No such thing as name and shame on facebook.You don't have to blank out names on screenshots neither. Maybe I will make a name and shame Facebook page for WoWs.

Members
1 post
2,012 battles

Reporting and the karma system is absolutely meaningless any more. The reason I say that is because it's overly abused by people throwing tantrums because their team is losing or someone didn't like the choice in tactics someone else used. Since I've returned after being gone for a year my karma has gone from 14 to 2 in a few weeks of play. I never call people names, I don't berate people, I don't throw tantrums over team losses and I don't try to TK. I'm an easy going person, that plays to have fun and win. However there have been those that have decided to go off on me because I didn't clutch a bad match, or they felt my choice in plays was "wrong" (I even had a post-match chat with a person over this after they reported me for "playing poorly"). Because these people have issues and are throwing tantrums my karma suffers because of it. So in the end why care about karma if it's just going to plummet even when you're the kind of person that's desirable for a gaming community.

Edited by Obzidious
typo

[UEFN]
Members
391 posts
11,853 battles

use screen recorder and make them famous on youtube and reddit!    lol

[VW]
Members
1,950 posts
12,501 battles
On 9/24/2018 at 11:56 PM, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

Dev strike a WG employee. That’ll get a response.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
5,682 posts
18,271 battles
4 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Dev strike a WG employee. That’ll get a response.

<insert hysterical laughter here>

Sign in to follow this