You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IfYouSeeKhaos

Free SC? What's the catch?

20 comments in this topic

Members
1,847 posts
17,666 battles

When I quit for the night last night I had already gotten all of my daily containers & opened them & my last battle was long over as I kept game up while trolling forums for awhile before I crashed out. I also finished running all of my T10 eligible ships for SCs many days ago.

I just logged in to find an unopened SC waiting for me & when I checked notifications it just said 1 container added & addition of 1000 Free XP (which is just the daily log in reward for today).

Not sure where the SC came from or if it is some kind of mistake & after I open it & get something really cool if it will be removed.

Is this some sort of trap to get my hopes up & then have them smashed against the rocks later or am I just being delusional thinking that there will even be anything good in it (actually I got some pretty good stuff in my SCs from the T10 ships...but a lot of unneeded economic flags showed up also).

I've checked the forums to see if there was any "issues" WG was awarding SCs for & don't see anything. Anybody else either get a mysterious SC today when they logged in or have any idea if there was some sort of "compensation" of an SC for any reason?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,678 posts
9,083 battles
4 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

I didn't get jack.

But did you get Jill? :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 2

Members
9 posts
1,972 battles

Yep, I got one with 50 leprechaun camos (not signals like I said before) Don’t know why unless WG is taking pity on me ?

Edited by sitkaspring
I said something that was incorrect

Members
1,847 posts
17,666 battles

Well...patience has never been 1 of my strong suit (to quote the character Ed Gruberman from the Frantics "Tae Kwon Leap"..."Yeah yeah yeah patience how long will that take"?).

After spending a couple hours searching the forums for any clue to where the mysterious SC came from before posting this I couldn't wait any longer & had to open it to see what was inside...& it was just 50 of the leprechaun camos (for a total of 152 of them)...not bad if you need camos but I have hundreds thousands of different camos already so no biggie if they are removed later for any "mistake" if that is the situation...still a mystery though...but I guess my gast will just have to remain flabbered for now.

23 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Yes,

giphy.gif

I knew it...thanx for the clarification.

Members
1,847 posts
17,666 battles
6 minutes ago, sitkaspring said:

Yep, I got one with 50 special signals and some coal. Don’t know why unless WG is taking pity on me ?

But did it just appear on your account when you logged in or was it from a container you opened in game?

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,813 posts
9,904 battles

no mysterious SC so far for me

the dark side got over me

Beta Testers
1,488 posts
8,988 battles

Are you absolutely sure you collected all your crates from the normal 3 per day crate distributions based on XP gained?  If you make enough XP to earn a crate but don't collect it, it is automatically collected for you at the end of the day so you start fresh each day.  Thus, one possible explanation is that you didn't collect your last crate, got one automatically issued, and it just happened to be an SC.  Normally, I would say that was too  big of a coincidence to believe, but I stopped playing for what was probably a couple of months earlier this year.  I quit playing shortly before the US Cruiser Line split and started playing again sometime after it.  The odd thing is that I have probably gotten as many, if not more, SCs since I have been back (five, I think) than I got since the system was introduced.

That suggests to me that the drop rate has increased somewhat, and, thus, getting a crate automatically distributed that just happened to be an SC wouldn't seem to be as big a stretch of the possible to me as it would have been before I took a break.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,473 posts
2,422 battles

I got one on me Steam account.  No, it wasn't an unclaimed crate.  It also didn't have the golden side emblem that randomly generated SCs do.  (Not sure that's significant).

Just out of the blue - 15K Coal.  Nice.  That account needs it since I play so lightly over there.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,473 posts
2,422 battles

Nope.  No Honor to Heroes.  Trust me: it was not due to something I did on that account.

Uhhh...  I did take my shiny new ancient Langley into a Training Room yesterday.  But that couldn't be it, could it?

Edited by iDuckman

[BTH]
Beta Testers
198 posts
4,672 battles

I got 2-3 yesterday, I was puzzled as well.

Could it be from advancing in stages on the Hall of Fame portion of the British Missions?

[WOLF3]
Members
6,473 posts
2,422 battles

Definitely not in my case.  I have only one Tier 5 ship on that account, and haven't even played it in a week.

BTW, did not get an SC on my main account, where things are actually happening.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,354 posts
4,288 battles
11 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Definitely not in my case.  I have only one Tier 5 ship on that account, and haven't even played it in a week.

BTW, did not get an SC on my main account, where things are actually happening.

In your case it might be a "We miss you, please come back" bribe, but this does not appear to be the case for @IfYouSeeKhaos.

Just roll with it, OP. You got a S/C you weren't expecting; better to have the contents than not, n'est-ce pas?

Members
1,847 posts
17,666 battles
22 hours ago, sitkaspring said:

Yep, I got one with 50 leprechaun camos (not signals like I said before) Don’t know why unless WG is taking pity on me ?

Wow...I just realized the prize you said...that's exactly what I got...& I noticed you didn't try using the actual name of it either...just the "leprechaun" from the description...funny I didn't notice that the 1st time. What are the odds that we both got mysterious SCs & they were the exact same item I wonder?

Members
1,847 posts
17,666 battles
22 hours ago, Sotaudi said:

Are you absolutely sure you collected all your crates from the normal 3 per day crate distributions based on XP gained?  If you make enough XP to earn a crate but don't collect it, it is automatically collected for you at the end of the day so you start fresh each day.  Thus, one possible explanation is that you didn't collect your last crate, got one automatically issued, and it just happened to be an SC.  Normally, I would say that was too  big of a coincidence to believe, but I stopped playing for what was probably a couple of months earlier this year.  I quit playing shortly before the US Cruiser Line split and started playing again sometime after it.  The odd thing is that I have probably gotten as many, if not more, SCs since I have been back (five, I think) than I got since the system was introduced.

That suggests to me that the drop rate has increased somewhat, and, thus, getting a crate automatically distributed that just happened to be an SC wouldn't seem to be as big a stretch of the possible to me as it would have been before I took a break.

I have had that happen before (SC drop when I didn't open a container) a long time ago but I had all my containers collected & opened 14 hours before the containers reset...have been knocking them out pretty quick grinding points for the RN event...& just wins for the daily missions (sadly enough I've been losing a lot lately & I'm just finishing getting the 4 "needed" wins for the dailies about the time I'm getting my 37k XP for the 3rd container...I have been having a lot of top of the team losses though on top of my own potato losses).

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Beta Testers
132 posts
3,049 battles
23 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Well...patience has never been 1 of my strong suit (to quote the character Ed Gruberman from the Frantics "Tae Kwon Leap"..."Yeah yeah yeah patience how long will that take"?).

After spending a couple hours searching the forums for any clue to where the mysterious SC came from before posting this I couldn't wait any longer & had to open it to see what was inside...& it was just 50 of the leprechaun camos (for a total of 152 of them)...not bad if you need camos but I have hundreds thousands of different camos already so no biggie if they are removed later for any "mistake" if that is the situation...still a mystery though...but I guess my gast will just have to remain flabbered for now.

I knew it...thanx for the clarification.

do you have your pajamas though??

[WOLF6]
Members
65 posts
2,139 battles

No SC surprise here, either. Probably because I don't play enough hrs a day like I used to.  I'd play more, but without a real chair (a situation caused by my current living conditions) I can't play as long due to back problems. Kinda sucks, too. I just got the NC and I need more matches in that boat to figure out how to make it worth having. 

Members
1,847 posts
17,666 battles
4 hours ago, dcfan said:

do you have your pajamas though??

Yes Master...now just show me all those nifty moves so I can start trashin' Bozos.

BTW...If you've only heard the album version (TY Dr. Demento) you should google the live stage version...seeing that live is amazing (but look for the original...there are newer versions worth the look after you've seen the original but they were filmed later when they are all older & they do an alternative end part in slow motion w/the song from the movie "Ghost" playing in the background. It's different & ok...but not as good as the original.