You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JumpingtheMoon

Selling ships

8 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts
2,674 battles

If this is already somewhere I could not find it.   MY question is  that I have picked up the Teir 4 Yubari Japanese cruiser,  I wanted to know if I can now sell my Teir 4 Kuma to open a slot so I can get the Teir 7 Japanese Cruiser

Or is that just not allowed?

Edited by JumpingtheMoon
Typo

[AXANR]
Members
3,366 posts
16,668 battles
1 minute ago, JumpingtheMoon said:

If this is already somewhere I could not find it.   MY question is  that I have picked up the Teir 4 Yubari Japanese cruiser,  I wanted to know if I can now sell my Teir 4 Kuma to open a slot so I can get the Teir & Japanese Cruiser

You can absolutely sell your Kuma if you want. You can sell all but certain reward or limited time ships at any time. Right click on the ship at bottom of screen while in Port and you can sell it.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,585 posts
3,753 battles

You need to have the required experience gained in a previous ship to unlock the next in line (the silver star). So to unlock the Myoko and buy her you need to have unlocked, played and gotten the next tier with Furutaka and Aoba, the tier V and VI IJN cruisers respectively.

Supertester, Alpha Tester
6,042 posts

You may like to review this:

[PVE]
Members
9,798 posts
7,485 battles
1 hour ago, JumpingtheMoon said:

If this is already somewhere I could not find it.   MY question is  that I have picked up the Teir 4 Yubari Japanese cruiser,  I wanted to know if I can now sell my Teir 4 Kuma to open a slot so I can get the Teir 7 Japanese Cruiser

1 hour ago, JumpingtheMoon said:

yes I know I can sell it but will the game tell me if I try to get the teir 7 cruiser that I have to have the kuma first?

As long as you have researched the ship and any applicable upgrades to the next ship, you can research the next ship without buying one.

Let's look at the Leander and Fiji, since you have the Emerald. Let's say you have researched and bought the Emerald B hull. And for some reason, you want to skip the Leander and jump straight to the Fiji. If you research the Leander with Emerald XP and the Leader B hull with Free XP, you can research the Fiji with Free XP and buy it without every buying the Leander or it's B hull with silver. I wouldn't suggest skipping ships this way, but some people only like T10 play and will do this from the start of a line to the T10 of that line.

For selling ships to open port slots, start with the T1 ships first. You can buy them back for free if you want to later. Selling Kuma with all the modules only gives you 440k silver, but it will cost 880k to buy it all back, so sell it if it is the ship you like least. If you are not adverse at spending a little money on the game, keep an eye on the Monthly calendars for sales on port slots and doubloon sales. Port slots are normally 300 doubloons each and usually go on sale for 150 doubloons each several times a year. There are deeper sales as well and I have seen them on sale for 75 doubloons each one Christmas. Of course you want to get doubloons on sale when you can to maximize your return. You can also use free doubloons you win in game or in contests on port slots as well.