You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Mexib

CV's that torpedo themselves

15 comments in this topic

Members
647 posts
7,072 battles

Do CV's that torpedo themselves receive team damage?

I only ask because I was getting chummy with a Red CV and in the course of him trying to get me eat a couple of his own torpedo's.

Been waiting to see that.

[WORX]
Members
1,887 posts
12,967 battles

short answer yes, depending on the DMG cause they turn pink too.

Edited by Navalpride33

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,711 posts
9,112 battles

Back in alpha we had a player do that, they never lived it down.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,711 posts
9,112 battles
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

short answer yes, depending on the DMG cause they turn pink too.

They didn't used to.

[KRAB]
Members
615 posts
6,083 battles

CVs used to often TK themselves to troll/grief, so WG made it so that they take team damage penalties for doing so. 

[VW]
Members
1,950 posts
12,499 battles

Yes they take damage. They didnt used to lose points for killing themselves, i had one red cv suicide to save the win once, but rumor has it that’s gone too.

[WORX]
Members
1,887 posts
12,967 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

They didn't used to.

I even seen an episode of the good the bad and the ugly with The mighty Jingles in where a CV torped himself trying to sink a DD. That was funny

• Funny 1

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,900 posts
12,634 battles

Yes they do! I have accidently done so myself by being too close to my target! Torp planes dropped on my right and the target was beside me on my left. Torps hit me first and the ones that missed me hit the target! I have also torped friendlies that moved between my planes and the target just as torps were dropped or were on opposite side of target and got hit by the misses.

[HINON]
Members
9,056 posts
24 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Yes they take damage. They didnt used to lose points for killing themselves, i had one red cv suicide to save the win once, but rumor has it that’s gone too.

They removed the point evasion for all teamkills because you would have teammates killing off low health friendlies to keep the enemy from gaining points from the kill. 

[HINON]
Members
2,580 posts
18,824 battles
25 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I even seen an episode of the good the bad and the ugly with The mighty Jingles in where a CV torped himself trying to sink a DD. That was funny

i remember that episode

• Cool 1

Members
297 posts
39 battles
38 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Something like this happened to me except I didn't kill myself, I was playing Taiho on North, we were down to 3 or 4 people left and I was going to cap D to secure the win - that's when an Atlanta came around the corner and I dropped with one squadron, one hit him, one hit me, and then I rammed him and survived to take D.

• Cool 1

[CLAN]
Beta Testers
203 posts
11,041 battles

I once saw a CV Torpedo themselves at the start of a match on purpose. The player explained they wanted to take advantage of adrenaline rush. :cap_like:

[MIA-A]
Members
2,046 posts
9,894 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

I've nearly done that, but my torpedobeats were good enough to avoid my own torps!  Sadly, the DD also had good enough torpedobeats-and more torpedoes.

Edited by thegamefilmguruman
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
37 posts
7,038 battles
38 minutes ago, Mik6669 said:

I once saw a CV Torpedo themselves at the start of a match on purpose. The player explained they wanted to take advantage of adrenaline rush. :cap_like:

Back during the Sharks vs. Jets episode I was on a team with a player who got the "Use 5 consumables" mission. We had essentially won and he was one short, so he asked me to shoot him so he could repair the damage and complete the mission. Was happy to oblige, as I was in a DD and unlikely to DevStrike him with my Kagero guns...

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,770 posts
4,582 battles

Once one threatened to do so when the game went badly, I told him to go ahead, he really did...

People do that?