You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
STINKWEED_

Sovereigns and Guineas question

46 comments in this topic

Members
1,577 posts
10,007 battles

I completed all four parts of the Royal Navy Event earning me a total of 60 Sovereigns (SOV) and four Guineas (GU). This is the max a player can earn without purchasing Royal Navy containers or prem tier 7 Cossack destroyer.

Assuming the event will change up for the next two updates it would mean that the most one can earn (without purchasing prem containers or ship)  is 180 SOV and 12 GU.   The Warspite is 220 SOV, Gallant 200 SOV and Cossack 50 GU. Does this mean that there is no way to actually earning/winning any of these ships or am I missing something? 

[ARGSY]
Members
6,343 posts
4,275 battles

You completed all directives of this stage. There are four stages per patch, one for each week, over three patches.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[PVE]
Members
9,768 posts
7,478 battles
4 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

I completed all four parts of the Royal Navy Event earning me a total of 60 Sovereigns (SOV) and four Guineas (GU). This is the max a player can earn without purchasing Royal Navy containers or prem tier 7 Cossack destroyer.

Assuming the event will change up for the next two updates it would mean that the most one can earn (without purchasing prem containers or ship)  is 180 SOV and 12 GU.   The Warspite is 220 SOV, Gallant 200 SOV and Cossack 50 GU. Does this mean that there is no way to actually earning/winning any of these ships or am I missing something? 

3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You completed all directives of this stage. There are four stages per patch, one for each week, over three patches.

Ensign is correct.

There is a section just on Sovereigns in this thread. Check the first post.

Edited by Kizarvexis

Members
1,577 posts
10,007 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Yes, I have completed all four for this stage. There is an extra mission for a container but you need a tier 7 RN DD which is only available if you are lucky to get it in a personal mission. My understanding is that it resets for the next two patches however, the math doesn't add up unless they are giving away more SOV and GU in the other two

[LOU1]
Members
3,052 posts
8,140 battles

Kizarvexis’’ thread posted above explains it all.  As far as Guineas, you can earn 48 (without even using an RN DD).  There is a 10 Guinea for .99 special in the Premium Shop that is well worth picking up to get the 2 Guineas needed to hit 50.

Edited by ExploratorOne
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,343 posts
4,275 battles
Just now, STINKWEED_ said:

Yes, I have completed all four for this stage. There is an extra mission for a container but you need a tier 7 RN DD which is only available if you are lucky to get it in a personal mission. My understanding is that it resets for the next two patches however, the math doesn't add up unless they are giving away more SOV and GU in the other two

Four guineas per stage, 12 stages overall across 12 weeks of three patches, = 48 guineas. It was always understood that the Cossack was not going to be completely free. I have certain issues with that, given that North Cape gave out a Tier VII premium battleship for nothing, but it is what it is, and it makes the ship dirt cheap for a new-release Tier VIII premium.

As to the Sovereigns, how you distribute and spend them is up to you, but it shouldn't be too hard to get together enough for at least one Tier VI premium battleship OR destroyer, free, even without the bonus RN missions. And if you get enough for both, hey, why not just rebuy the one you just bought and get the doubloons for it? I wonder if that would work, or if you would just get the silver.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,343 posts
4,275 battles
2 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

As far as Guinean, you can’t earn 48 (without using an RN DD).

Wrong. You can get all the 48 guineas, just not all the sovereigns. Guineas are tied to directives, not to individual tasks or crates, and directives can be completed without the RN missions. Having the RN destroyers just gives you more options (and easier options if you have a Jervis, Lightning or bought Cossack).

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[LOU1]
Members
3,052 posts
8,140 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Wrong. You can get all the 48 guineas, just not all the sovereigns.

That was mobile autocorrect at work since my point was you CAN earn 48.  Thanks, I fixed the post:cap_like:

Members
1,577 posts
10,007 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Four guineas per stage, 12 stages overall across 12 weeks of three patches, = 48 guineas. It was always understood that the Cossack was not going to be completely free. I have certain issues with that, given that North Cape gave out a Tier VII premium battleship for nothing, but it is what it is, and it makes the ship dirt cheap for a new-release Tier VIII premium.

As to the Sovereigns, how you distribute and spend them is up to you, but it shouldn't be too hard to get together enough for at least one Tier VI premium battleship OR destroyer, free, even without the bonus RN missions. And if you get enough for both, hey, why not just rebuy the one you just bought and get the doubloons for it? I wonder if that would work, or if you would just get the silver.

Just to be clear, so far we are only on stage 1? there will be another 11 stages?     Or as I had thought, it changes up another two times therefore 60 SOVs is the max you can earn without buying?

Edited by STINKWEED_

[LOU1]
Members
3,052 posts
8,140 battles

As the Kizarvexis thread point out each Stage goes from Wednesday to the Following Tuesday.  Four stages per patch times three equals twelve stages in total.  

Edited by ExploratorOne

[ARGSY]
Members
6,343 posts
4,275 battles
2 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Just to be clear, so far we are only on stage 1? there will be another 11 stages?

That is correct; mission requirements for stage 2 drop on Wednesday morning.

Members
1,577 posts
10,007 battles
Just now, ExploratorOne said:

As the Kizarvexis thread point out each Stage goes from Wednesday to the Following Tuesday.  Four stages per patch times three equals twelve stages. 

Ok thanks!  this means that there are 11 more stages = opportunity to earn 720 SOVs. Seems like a lot? No?

[WAG]
Members
393 posts
7,541 battles
6 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

Kizarvexis’’ thread posted above explains it all.  As far as Guineas, you can earn 48 (without even using an RN DD).  There is a 10 Guinea for .99 special in the Premium Shop that is well worth picking up to get the 2 Guineas needed to hit 50.

I thought the 10 for $1 was pretty generous of Wargaming as it allows players to miss a full two weeks and still get the Cossack for $1. Or, it allows you to get the Cossack two weeks early and get whatever tasks there are for T8 RN DD destroyers completed.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
422 posts
13,028 battles

Also, starting on stage 5 (when the next patch loads) you'll be able to get the tech tree RN DDs, so the missions requiring tier 7+ DDs will open up giving you access to more containers.

Edited by HamptonRoads

[LOU1]
Members
3,052 posts
8,140 battles
6 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Ok thanks!  this means that there are 11 more stages = opportunity to earn 720 SOVs. Seems like a lot? No?

They add up to 480 Sovereigns without completing the RN DD Missions.  I have been using Gallant and an RN DD I got for a crate to do some of those.

Jester_of_War said:

In the meantime though: The first four Directives (the First Stage) which last for one week has 12 RN Containers available excludingthe Missions you have to complete in a British Destroyer. That is 60 Sovereigns in one week. So at this point I am assuming that we will be able to earn 480 Sovereigns before the November 13th cut off: 5 Sovereigns per Container, 3 Containers per Directive, 4 Directives per week and 8 weeks before November 13. 5 x 3 x 4 x 8 = 480 

And if you already have a Tier 5 T7 RN DD, you can do better than that.

Edited by ExploratorOne

[PVE]
Members
9,768 posts
7,478 battles
6 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

2 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

Kizarvexis’’ thread posted above explains it all.  As far as Guinean, you can’t earn 48 (without using an RN DD).  There is a 10 Guinea for .99 special in the Premium Shop that is well worth picking up to get the 2 Guineas needed to hit 50.

2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Wrong. You can get all the 48 guineas, just not all the sovereigns.

Ok. If the other Stages work like the first Stage, and they should, then you can earn 12 RN containers each stage WITHOUT needing a UK DD. The XP and credit missions give out the RN crates. Completing the Directive gives another RN crate for a total of 3 each Directive. There are 4 Directives each Stage. At 5 Sovereigns per crate, that is 60 Sovereigns per Stage.

There are 8 Stages from patch 7.9 until Sovereigns are converted to credits when patch 7.11 drops Nov 14th. So 8 Stages times 60 Sovereigns per Stage is 480 Sovereigns. 

There are a further 4 Stages in patch 7.11, so with 4 Directives per Stage, that is 48 Directives total (12 Stages) for 48 Guineas total. Get the 10 Guineas for $1 special in the shop now!

You can complete the Directives without needing a UK DD. The 5 Mission Directives need only 3 Missions to complete the Directive. The 6 Mission Directives only need 4 Missions to complete the Directive. The 7 Mission Directives only need 5 Missions to complete.

I type slow on the phone, so I will go back over the replies that posted while I was typing.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,285 posts
25,359 battles

According to the WOWS website, sovereigns will be removed on release of update 0.7.11.  This means that we only have 2 patches, (0.7.9 and 0.7.10) to earn/spend sovereigns.  This means we can get sovereigns in only 8 stages, and not 12.

Please note that this section in the Arsenal and the opportunity to exchange Sovereigns will be available until Update 0.7.11 is released. Because of this, you can take your time choosing and purchasing in-game items with their help. With the release of Update 0.7.11, Sovereigns will be removed from the game, and each Sovereign you held will be exchanged for credits.

[LOU1]
Members
3,052 posts
8,140 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

Ok. If the other Stages work like the first Stage, and they should, then you can earn 12 RN containers each stage WITHOUT needing a UK DD. The XP and credit missions give out the RN crates. Completing the Directive gives another RN crate for a total of 3 each Directive. There are 4 Directives each Stage. At 5 Sovereigns per crate, that is 60 Sovereigns per Stage.

There are 8 Stages from patch 7.9 until Sovereigns are converted to credits when patch 7.11 drops Nov 14th. So 8 Stages times 60 Sovereigns per Stage is 480 Sovereigns. 

There are a further 4 Stages in patch 7.11, so with 4 Directives per Stage, that is 48 Directives total (12 Stages) for 48 Guineas total. Get the 10 Guineas for $1 special in the shop now!

You can complete the Directives without needing a UK DD. The 5 Mission Directives need only 3 Missions to complete the Directive. The 6 Mission Directives only need 4 Missions to complete the Directive. The 7 Mission Directives only need 5 Missions to complete.

I type slow on the phone, so I will go back over the replies that posted while I was typing.

I fixed the autocorrect error from “can’t” to “can” earn 48 Guineas without an RN DD.

[PVE]
Members
9,768 posts
7,478 battles
11 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

See below.

1 minute ago, Patton5150 said:

According to the WOWS website, sovereigns will be removed on release of update 0.7.11.  This means that we only have 2 patches, (0.7.9 and 0.7.10) to earn/spend sovereigns.  This means we can get sovereigns in only 8 stages, and not 12.

Please note that this section in the Arsenal and the opportunity to exchange Sovereigns will be available until Update 0.7.11 is released. Because of this, you can take your time choosing and purchasing in-game items with their help. With the release of Update 0.7.11, Sovereigns will be removed from the game, and each Sovereign you held will be exchanged for credits.

Yes. Without a UK DD you can get 12 RN containers for 60 Sovereigns per Stage and with 8 Stages in the first two patches, that is 480 Sovereigns. Why WG is converting Sovereigns to credits at the 2/3 point of the event is unknown. WG staff forum personnel have confirmed that the conversion date of Patch 7.11 for Sovereigns is not a typo.

If you have a T7+ UK DD, you can get 20 more Sovereigns per Stage with the Y7+ UK DD Missions. But you DO NOT need a UK DD to complete the Directives.

4 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

I fixed the autocorrect error from “can’t” to “can” earn 48 Guineas without an RN DD.

Yep, saw that. Thank you.

Members
1,577 posts
10,007 battles

If the total Sovs is 480   that's enough for me to get a Warspite. I have enough t4 prem DDs so perhaps Bert Dunkirk. That will leave me with  160 to buy flags and camo :-)   

I'm massing a large collection of prem ships I didn't pay a dime for.  

[ARGSY]
Members
6,343 posts
4,275 battles
10 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

I'm massing a large collection of prem ships I didn't pay a dime for.  

This game is becoming better and better for the free-to-play brigade.

[WAG]
Members
393 posts
7,541 battles
19 minutes ago, Patton5150 said:

I think there may be some typos, or we will earn Guineas faster, or Guinease will not be converted in 07.11. Per the same patch notes:

"Another new goodie in the Arsenal is Tier VIII Premium destroyer Cossack, at the price of 50 Guineas. Over the course of the three versions, you can get a significant discount for the ship: taking part in the Royal Navy event can earn you up to 48 Guineas. After that, you will be able to obtain the Tier VIII destroyer with only a few additional Guineas from the Premium Shop."

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/update-079-royal-navy/

Members
1,577 posts
10,007 battles
9 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This game is becoming better and better for the free-to-play brigade.

I have won prem ships from tiers 2 through to 9 with the exception of tier 8. It proves that if you play smart you never have to worry about running low on credits or free XP. Just keep an eye on all the special missions. 

Edited by STINKWEED_

[PVE]
Members
9,768 posts
7,478 battles
1 minute ago, DustRhino said:

I think there may be some typos, or we will earn Guineas faster, or Guinease will not be converted in 07.11. Per the same patch notes:

"Another new goodie in the Arsenal is Tier VIII Premium destroyer Cossack, at the price of 50 Guineas. Over the course of the three versions, you can get a significant discount for the ship: taking part in the Royal Navy event can earn you up to 48 Guineas. After that, you will be able to obtain the Tier VIII destroyer with only a few additional Guineas from the Premium Shop."

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/update-079-royal-navy/

Sovereigns are converted to credits on patch 7.11 on Nov 14th with 1/3 of the event to go. Nothing on why. Something will have to replace the RN containers as rewards, but nothing on what that will be yet.

Guineas are earned until early morning Dec 11th, the last Directive (48th) drops Dec 8th. Guineas will stay in the game through patch 7.12, so should be converted to credits on patch 8.0 on Jan 9th.

Sovereigns will be converted at 1 Sovereign to 25,000 credits.

Guineas do not have a conversion rate published yet.