You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JediMasterDraco

No BBs Allowed

15 comments in this topic

[NGA]
Members
1,290 posts
7,832 battles

Just played a Co-op match on North and found this interesting little feature. I approve. For the curious, this island is at F9.

5ba92164f348b_Screenshot(16).thumb.png.dcd12b5e1a105eeb59a9ee75bac0a8bd.png

• Funny 1

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles

I saw a post and checked it out last night. I love little Easter eggs like this (though this one was pretty obvious)

[WOLF5]
Members
1,538 posts
2,137 battles

Now I want to drive my BB over there and see what happens. Does the kraken eat my ship or something? I know it's a terrible place for a BB, but there should be a real deterrent.

[BLHK]
Members
348 posts
3,442 battles
26 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Just played a Co-op match on North and found this interesting little feature. I approve. For the curious, this island is at F9.

In our game we thought it was a 'no shell' sign. So of course we blasted it.....................

Members
1,333 posts
504 battles

they should have those signs at the max range that most BBs seem to stay at in most games nowadays... LOL

[PVE]
Members
512 posts
4,332 battles

Hmm, it doesn't say no CBs though....... :cap_hmm:

If I had a large/unrestricted/battle cruiser I would have to try it out.

• Funny 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,211 posts
8,988 battles

I may have to apologize to Wargaming or get banned, but one island may soon be missing from the game after a Grand Admiral orders full BB bombardment of an Offensive island... 

Or maybe it’s a warning that DDs like to hide and ambush BBs near that island? :cap_hmm:

Alpha Tester
5,091 posts
2,436 battles

I think they should just remove that channel entirely. It's too much of a lemming magnet.

[PT8TO]
Members
1,410 posts
13,278 battles

But yet every other game I have on that map with that sign.....

2 or 3 BBs still end up going there anyway.

The sign means NO BBs this way not all BBs this way lol.

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

[SYN]
Members
4,547 posts
11,437 battles

Clever.

In recognition of the previous version of the map where BB's would often spend most of the match transiting the 9/10 columns - to the east of the larger islands that used to be there - and being completely useless to the team.

Edited by Kuckoo

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,111 posts
12,663 battles
3 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

In recognition of the previous version of the map where BB's would often spend most of the match transiting the 9/10 columns - to the east of the larger islands that used to be there - and being completely useless to the team.

I blame both WG and players for this. Battleship players generally learned that the entire center portion of that map (the former B and C channels) were torpedo deathtraps, so naturally they avoid them. Unfortunately, since a large number of players are incapable of taking their foot off the accelerator, that basically meant trying to sprint around the ends of the map.  The previous change to the map opened up the C-D channel's firing line to make the 9-10 line strategically valuable, but in reality, people would still either die trying to get to it, or leadfoot past it and get no value from the position. So yeah... this easter egg is probably the corporeal manifestation of WG's gameplay analysts' collective facepalm.

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,009 posts
9,037 battles
2 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

Now I want to drive my BB over there and see what happens. Does the kraken eat my ship or something? I know it's a terrible place for a BB, but there should be a real deterrent.

First game on the new North the enemy had two battleships go that way. Nothing happen except being murdered by us after we killed most of their team.

[VW]
Members
1,937 posts
12,499 battles

Maybe they lock bbs in a spawn location in the center of the map inside an island ring so they cant run away. This way they will be where wargaming wants and wont be able to stray where wargaming doesn’t  want them.

Edited by monpetitloup

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,491 posts
3,435 battles

That didn't stop half of both teams going in and duking it out for the "D" Cap there (on the other version of that map), with our team coming out victorious more due to the enemy team pulling away the CLs and DD and leaving their BB and CA to the tender mercies of our 2 BBs and 2 CAs.