You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CalamitousIntent

The new Garbage AI. round 2.,

100 comments in this topic

[CLEAN]
Members
21 posts
15,983 battles

So you've done it to us again. I thought yesterday was an aberration but now the new AI is back in coop.

If i wanted the feeling and Time investment that went along with playing humans, I would hit the Drop down, Switch from COOP to random and i would play against humans.

sprecific reasons why I feel the new AI is garbage.

1. I'm tired of having to chase down retreating bots. aint nobody got time for  that.
2. Battleships are still snipers.
3. Bots can dodge CV torps  in such a way that if you don't have manual drop hitting them is extremely more difficult.
4. DD's with extremely short range are left holding the bag chasing down fleeing bots
5. DD's with long range torps are very unlikely to land anything with the extremely erratic behavior of all ships.
6. BB's are group up making later cruiser play next to unbearable.
7. CV just sits there, keeps it's fighters in reserve.  Meanwhile when your CV is a bot, it still plays terribly. There is a huge difference between how well enemy cv and friendly cv bot plays.

BONUS: The Acosta. just the worst. once this English even thing is over I'm selling it and going to thereapy for help forgetting it.  ITS FAKE NEWS!.

I play coop because I don't need the stress of PVP. Now I have to fight just as hard as i would in PVP but with no reward. I don't want the reward i just want my casual play back and not have to spend twice as much time per match.  The amount of time I play this game is going to be in direct correlation to how much i enjoy playing it and friend. I am not enjoying this. Please change it back or at least re-tool the bots so they are bold. This chasing them down stuff has got to go.

respectfully CalamitousIntent.

• Cool 9
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1

Members
1,697 posts
7,234 battles
11 minutes ago, ValkyrWarframe said:

So basically bots are just equal to or better than players now

You know, I saw 1,000,000 in your location verbiage, and for a brief moment there I actually thought that someone played 1,000,000 battles.  This was some serious wth moment for me.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,893 posts
1,338 battles

I don't find either one difficult.  You just have to play differently.  They don't just charge in and offer themselves up for slaughter immediately.  I'm pretty sure that's a good thing, imo.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,468 posts
9,585 battles

Wait..... it sounds like you are saying the bots are better now? You want to make them dumber?

• Boring 1

[RLGN]
Beta Testers
24 posts
1,448 battles

I don't mind smarter bots, but smarter bots + their magic special abilities (First salvo hit + fire every time, carriers will send a strike at an un-spotted  ship way off on his own, torpedo beats at grand master level) Human teams still always win but the matches feel less like a fight then a script where the server AI is messing with damage to synthesize drama. When you miss or bounce you can't be sure it was because you made a poor decision or the AI decided it wasn't time for bot x to be beaten up. Co-op is still funner most of the time for me then the marathon shoot and scoot or dig in and barrage rnd matches.

• Cool 3

[TDRB]
Members
1,132 posts
4,280 battles

They don't just charge in and offer themselves up for slaughter immediately.  I'm pretty sure that's a good thing, imo.

Maybe that is what he does want. Sometimes just sinking ships relieves a lot of stress.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
361 posts

Chasing bots to the J line just sucks.

When you are the only real person in a game and the bots on both teams turn and run its not a fun game.

Making bots run like chickens is not making them smarter. 

• Cool 2

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,893 posts
1,338 battles
16 minutes ago, paradat said:

Wait..... it sounds like you are saying the bots are better now? You want to make them dumber?

Yes, he wants the ones that charge into slaughter every time like before.

• Bad 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,944 posts
10,733 battles
36 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Just kill them before they run. :cat_bubble:

Well, I haven't noticed the return of the run away bots yet BUT when this new AI 1st appeared with 7.8 the bots would charge ahead and the second they got hit and shot at they turned around and ran the other way. I thought I accidentally was in Randoms LOL. So unless you dev strike them all, bow on with your 1st salvo, that is kind of hard to do.

I can remember a game in this 1st go round where 3 of us pushed A cap on 2 Brothers. A BB, CL, and DD (I was in the DD). As we enter the cap 6 of the red team (bots) appeared charging in. Our CL went down right off and with so many charging us the BB and I had no choice but to turn and abandon the cap and run. The bots were in the cap taking it uncontested, with a 3 to 1 advantage, and then they all just turned out and ran away letting the BB and I go back into the cap and take it while they kept running.

That is not fun. What I liked about the changes to the AI w/ 7.8 was how the bots would actually stay in their smoke and fire from it vs just dropping it as they kept going. I also liked how they would start WASD'ing the moment you targeted them (if you think a human DD player WASD'ing is hard to hit try a bot - just as hard to hit at least). They also split up more vs all charging one cap/center as a pack. This running away at the 1st sign of being shot at though and then spending the entire match running and hiding is no more fun when it happens in Co-op than when it does in PVP.

We asked for an improved AI that was more challenging not to make them chicken bleeps who just run so it makes the games longer. That isn't harder or fun it is just time consuming. I would like to see them keep the old bot aggressive tendencies and add in the smoke firing, WASD, and more spread out attack of the new bots. But ditch the run away style of play. What makes Co-op so much fun for those who play there is that you always are in a brawl and death match. If I want to chase people and play hideandseek I can play PVP.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 7

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,944 posts
10,733 battles
2 minutes ago, CalamitousIntent said:

Strange. If I'm trolling there seems to be plenty of people who share my sentiment. For whatever reasons many say this is not fun either. I'm also listing specific reasons that others agree with so that doesn't seem very troll-ee to me.  Also I'm not attacking anyone. IF you disagree with my sentiment present a counter argument. If you don't play coop, then you really don't need to weigh in at all.

You got trolled by a troll my man LOL :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_honoring:

[MIA-A]
[MIA-A]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,054 posts
7,794 battles

It still feels like you are competing for kills from players instead of having bots be worthwhile adversaries. At least they don't always suicide now and run when outnumbered like real players. 

• Cool 1

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
513 posts
1,044 battles

Actually lost a couple of Co-op games last night...the first one because the bots managed to get all the caps, then whittle our ships down until it ended up with one of our BBs and DDs against the last remaining bot BB that proceeded to run away so that the bots won by caps.  The second game, I got nearly deleted right off the bat by the bot CV (in co-op I tend to be the first target they go for in my cruisers)...it threw everything at my Emerald, torps and bombs, and left me a one-shot that another bot ship capitalized on right away.  The bot ships flanked hard on one side and quickly took out our split forces, while the bot CV was merciless throughout.  The AI is getting scary smart...think I'll just go play Randoms and hope for potatoes on the red team...

[PVE]
Members
65 posts

Yes I think the terrible AI is back.

I only play Co-op because it's stress-free, but since yesterday, not at all.

Another reason I play Co-op is to level up my ships since each game is short and not that brain burning. Otherwise, I'd have just switched to play PvP.

OK I can admit that I don't play PvP because I suck there. But the original Co-op gameplay still made me stay in the game and spend quite some money here so that I could enjoy my new ships in a relaxing atmosphere.

Now the new AI just took every reason I love this game away. Just beginning to think why I wasted all the money here.

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,696 posts
9,112 battles
2 hours ago, mavfin87 said:

I don't find either one difficult.  You just have to play differently.  They don't just charge in and offer themselves up for slaughter immediately.  I'm pretty sure that's a good thing, imo.

^

2 hours ago, kgh52 said:

Maybe that is what he does want. Sometimes just sinking ships relieves a lot of stress.

Over 14,000 times. :Smile_amazed:

37 minutes ago, Bonfor said:

Actually lost a couple of Co-op games last night...the first one because the bots managed to get all the caps, then whittle our ships down until it ended up with one of our BBs and DDs against the last remaining bot BB that proceeded to run away so that the bots won by caps.  The second game, I got nearly deleted right off the bat by the bot CV (in co-op I tend to be the first target they go for in my cruisers)...it threw everything at my Emerald, torps and bombs, and left me a one-shot that another bot ship capitalized on right away.  The bot ships flanked hard on one side and quickly took out our split forces, while the bot CV was merciless throughout.  The AI is getting scary smart...think I'll just go play Randoms and hope for potatoes on the red team...

This, you have to actually play the objectives with the smart bots and you make more experience doing that. I think they are testing improved AI and that they tweaked the AI from the last test. The bots will never be as capable as an average human but having to actually think before leaping is a big improvement.

[SIMP]
Members
1,029 posts

Hey, I don't actually mind the bots playing smarter...

But when they still cheat like there's no tomorrow on top of it, that's B S.

Hey WG, where's our increased XP to compensate for all this 'enhancement'?? 

• Cool 1

Members
366 posts
5,190 battles
3 hours ago, ValkyrWarframe said:

I'm going to up that and just say "better".

• Cool 1

Members
130 posts
2,117 battles

The bots original behaviour really made torp-carrying ships, especially DDs, too dominant in lower tier co-op. Up to tier 5 or so, players were just sailing straight up and point-blank torping the bot BBs, who would make zero effort to maneuver, and were generally unable to hit anything with their secondaries.   If you were in a BB in low tier co-op, it was sometimes a race to even get in position to fire one salvo before the DDs sank everything on the map.  Having the bots do something other than sail in a straight line regardless of impending torp attacks was/is really needed to correct that situation.

• Cool 2

[UEFN]
Members
391 posts
11,853 battles
4 hours ago, ValkyrWarframe said:

Not sure what are you talking about, bots have ALWAYS been better than over 50% of the random players, especially the AFK.  LOL

[NBGC]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles
3 hours ago, NeoRussia said:

It still feels like you are competing for kills from players instead of having bots be worthwhile adversaries. At least they don't always suicide now and run when outnumbered like real players. 

Welcome to Co-op. That's precisely why I play it, at least—to gain the visceral satisfaction of sinking ships.

• Cool 2

Members
17 posts
427 battles

All the **new** **improved** toasters have done is to increase tedium, not enjoyment.

And isn't enjoyment the point of the game?

• Cool 4