You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

10 comments in this topic

[NDA]
Supertester
4,845 posts
13,829 battles

ZYLXEfj.jpg

Another season of Rank and another Rank 1. I wasn't trying for Rank 1 this season but kept playing because I find 7v7 same tier battles to be fun. At some point I found myself at Rank 5 and decided to push for the gold. Season 10 of Rank wasn't much different from all the other seasons I've suffered through. There was the AFK ships, the Save A Star Damage farmers camping in the back, the You Need a Juliet Charlie in Rank ship, the Yolo Chargers to throw the game and my personal favorite The I'm a Team Killing Troll. And as long as a players progression is in the hands of 6 other Randoms The Star Progression system is going to keep Rank a toxic grind that drives more players to stop playing than it drives players to finish. 

Reward Screen

Spoiler

mLe4QTg.jpg

Rank Stats

Spoiler

v7PqNB6.jpg

We all know Rank has its problems but I'm done with that cancer fest, so Lets have some fun at my expense. 

Trying to take a cap, 

ISyLHWZ.gif

What a DD looks like when the Worcester turns on its radar and all the cruisers open up,

IDQpfK1.gif

Trying to communicate with the team,

eluuPce.gif

I played 40 battles trying to get from Rank 3 to Rank 2, the YoYo felt like this, 

4cDhelE.gif

What I looked like Sunday Afternoon after winning the last battle,

DE4lbWX.gif

Bonus; a fun moment hunting a Shimakaze with the YueYang,  

Thanks to all the good teams who made this possible. Shame and Dishonor to all those potatoes who made this journey longer than it needed to be. 
I'm going to go recover my sanity. 

TNcIQ2s.gif

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[PT8TO]
Members
1,410 posts
13,278 battles

Well first off Congrats and well done Sir!!!

Ranked can be all of the memes above but I def myself do enjoy the 7v7 competitive play over Randoms.

I wish they had a permanent Random Mode of 7v7

• Cool 1

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
4,731 posts
15,377 battles

• Cool 2

Community Department
2,113 posts
520 battles

Congratz! 162 battles - not bad! :cap_like:

16 hours ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

Well first off Congrats and well done Sir!!!

Ranked can be all of the memes above but I def myself do enjoy the 7v7 competitive play over Randoms.

I wish they had a permanent Random Mode of 7v7

We don't have plans to implement 7v7 Random mode at the moment. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
244 posts
4,379 battles

Hey RSB.  Had fun playing with you last night so I'm guessing you got this last night (you were rank 2 in that game).  

Grats.  Hope to catch up soon myself.

Edited by real_icebeast
  • Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,803 posts
15,265 battles

MOST excellent; congrats Amigo!

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
4,845 posts
13,829 battles
15 minutes ago, real_icebeast said:

Hey RSB.  Had fun playing with you last night so I'm guessing you got this last night (you were rank 2 in that game).  

Grats.  Hope to catch up soon myself.

I Ranked out Sunday afternoon around 4:30pm Central Time. Good luck on your quest. 

That moment when the Cruiser has to cap, 

KnLb762.gif

Members
352 posts
1,803 battles

Good work. Ranked is definitely a grind. I happened to rank out this weekend as well, with a total of 178 games and 58% win rate. It was certainly a struggle at times, especially in the Rank 5-2 bracket where I spent a little over half of my matches there. I also only had one Tier 10 ship, the Montana, which meant that Ranked didn't have much variety for me. Still, this is considerably better than my last ranked experience in Season 7, where it took me 430 matches to rank out with a mere 51% win rate.

Edited by icyplanetnhc
  • Boring 1

[R-R-R]
Members
975 posts
6,615 battles

This season has been a real struggle to me. Took me 198 games, much more than previous two seasons.

I got tilted multiple times due to the high amount of yolo suiciders in early game. I am really baffled that how so many ships, even BBs struggle to live past 6 or 7 minute mark.

Also I think DD players need to take Vigilance. So many of them just straight up die by eating a random torp early game.

Edited by Exciton8964