Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

Bourgogne Preview. An Alsace at T10. Why???

42 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,228
[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,472 posts
4,763 battles

My issues with this premium arent with the ship itself.  It’s the fact it’s a clone at T10 and aside from reload boost it has nothing unique.  You sacrifice 30k hit points in a T10 BB taking her, and Stalingrad and Khronstadtalmost have as much HP as her being cruisers.  It just seems pointless.  But if you like Alsace, there you go.

 

Edited by NoZoupForYou
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
319
[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles

 Wg please put this arsenal. I'm begging. 

 

Me wants

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
522
[WORX]
Members
1,807 posts
12,846 battles

That is why  I stay away from tier 10 Zoup. BBs are just to over powered, if our BBs don;t sink the red BBs, its a loss. Its the same mantra for Ranked. 

In a BB to cruiser fight, it will take 3 cruisers to sink one tier 10 BB. OR one salvo 45k DMG to a cruiser. Not fun at all

In a BB to BB fight *yawn* Two cavemen throwing rocks at each other from over 15km away. Not fun at all

in a BB DD fight, don;t even think about it... BB wins. Not fun at all

@NoZoupForYou Happy monday Big fella.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
439
[MIA-A]
[MIA-A]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,052 posts
7,776 battles
6 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

That is why  I stay away from tier 10 Zoup. BBs are just to over powered, if our BBs don;t sink the red BBs, its a loss. Its the same mantra for Ranked. 

In a BB to cruiser fight, it will take 3 cruisers to sink one tier 10 BB. OR one salvo 45k DMG to a cruiser. Not fun at all

In a BB to BB fight *yawn* Two cavemen throwing rocks at each other from over 15km away. Not fun at all

in a BB DD fight, don;t even think about it... BB wins. Not fun at all

@NoZoupForYou

:Smile_teethhappy::Smile_facepalm:

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,446
[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,765 posts
6,944 battles

the right question isn't to ask why Bourgogne at t10 has similar hp to Stalingrad, but to ask why Stalingrad (and similar) are not properly classified by WOWS as battleships (unless they are willing to create a special MM for battlecruisers and supercruisers.) because you are right and wrong, the problem is with Stalingrad allowing players to circumvent matchmaker limits on BB firepower in competitive instances such as clan battles.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
439
[MIA-A]
[MIA-A]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,052 posts
7,776 battles
2 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

the right question isn't to ask why Bourgogne at t10 has similar hp to Stalingrad, but to ask why Stalingrad (and similar) are not properly classified by WOWS as battleships (unless they are willing to create a special MM for battlecruisers and supercruisers.) because you are right and wrong, the problem is with Stalingrad allowing players to circumvent matchmaker limits on BB firepower in competitive instances such as clan battles.

The answer to your question is because Stalingrad does not have BB firepower, and they do not steal the role of battleships in clan battles. There are not enough battlecruisers to dilute the mm pool, they work just fine as cruiser class ships because a Stalingrad is essentially just a Moskva that hits harder but not as often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,228
[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,472 posts
4,763 battles
20 minutes ago, Raven114 said:

Pronounced, Borg-in-y-own

I listened to about 5 different pronunciations.  Yours is one of many.  I give up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,446
[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,765 posts
6,944 battles
6 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

I listened to about 5 different pronunciations.  Yours is one of many.  I give up.

Borg Oin.

at least that's how we pronounce it around 'here'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
439
[MIA-A]
[MIA-A]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,052 posts
7,776 battles
7 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

I listened to about 5 different pronunciations.  Yours is one of many.  I give up.

Think burger + balogna

Burgogna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
243
[CMFRT]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
711 posts
1,770 battles

Please make Super Alsace an arsenal ship... do want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,228
[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,472 posts
4,763 battles
14 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

Borg Oin.

at least that's how we pronounce it around 'here'.

See...  and that was different from the post prior to yours!  I’m just going to call it T10 Alsace, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
262
[WOLF1]
Members
2,015 posts

why? wg is business to make money, if just copy over alsace with some tweak of numbers and sell for $50 a pop, why not? lol

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,408
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,039 posts
6,709 battles
53 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

the right question isn't to ask why Bourgogne at t10 has similar hp to Stalingrad, but to ask why Stalingrad (and similar) are not properly classified by WOWS as battleships (unless they are willing to create a special MM for battlecruisers and supercruisers.)

well, its because Stalingrad was actually classified as a large cruiser,not a battlecruiser or battleship, similar to the Alaska class

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
302
[SIDE]
Members
1,247 posts
8,856 battles
23 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

why? wg is business to make money, if just copy over alsace with some tweak of numbers and sell for $50 a pop, why not? lol

Well, if they do actually outright sell it(I have my doubts, could be coal or steel), then the pricing would be significantly more than $50 for a T10 premium(I don't agree it should be, just based on current premium pricing).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13
[RUSHB]
Members
14 posts
5,758 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

That is why  I stay away from tier 10 Zoup. BBs are just to over powered, if our BBs don;t sink the red BBs, its a loss. Its the same mantra for Ranked. 

In a BB to cruiser fight, it will take 3 cruisers to sink one tier 10 BB. OR one salvo 45k DMG to a cruiser. Not fun at all

In a BB to BB fight *yawn* Two cavemen throwing rocks at each other from over 15km away. Not fun at all

in a BB DD fight, don;t even think about it... BB wins. Not fun at all

@NoZoupForYou Happy monday Big fella.

13k battles and you still think like this :Smile_facepalm: that’s adorable but kind of sad

Edited by Jakefromst8faarm
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
435
[VW]
Members
1,931 posts
12,495 battles

Boor gonya is the closest i can anglify it.

and whoever is disposed to should try he wines from the region, as well as the beef obviously. They also have a fondue with hot (boiling) oil in which you dip raw beef to cook to your liking. The architecture appears to be nice as well.

Edited by monpetitloup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,459
[REVY]
Members
6,104 posts
5,104 battles
1 hour ago, NoZoupForYou said:

My issues with this premium arent with the ship itself.  It’s the fact it’s a clone at T10 and aside from reload boost it has nothing unique.  You sacrifice 30k hit points in a T10 BB taking her, and Stalingrad and Khronstadtalmost have as much HP as her being cruisers.  It just seems pointless.  But if you like Alsace, there you go.

 

This right here is why I've stopped playing the game.  The game revolves around consumables too much!  Now WGing think they can lazily just add a consumable and just uptier an already modeled ship.  They really need to rethink this development strategy, World of Warships isn't suppose to be a Yu-Gi-Oh game.

maxresdefault.jpg

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
522
[WORX]
Members
1,807 posts
12,846 battles
9 minutes ago, Jakefromst8faarm said:

13k battles and you still think like this :Smile_facepalm: that’s adorable but kind of sad

^^^^^Clarify your argument... And yes I have 13k battles but I am not using it against anyone to prove a point.... Anyways its a matter of your opinion against mine, me I don;t like the meta of tier 10. IF you do then good for you.

This BB will make it worse ( or better if you love the Meta of my original post)  but if you like it then who cares what I think right ? So how is having an opinion based on my many battles is somehow "sad" ? Can you clarify like I just did please ?

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13
[RUSHB]
Members
14 posts
5,758 battles
7 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

^^^^^Clarify your argument... And yes I have 13k battles but I am not using it against anyone to prove a point.... Anyways its a matter of your opinion against mine, me I don;t like the meta of tier 10. IF you do then good for you.

This BB will make it worse ( or better if you love the Meta of my original post)  but if you like it then who cares what I think right ? So how is having an opinion based on my many battles is somehow "sad" ? Can you clarify like I just did please ?

It’s not opinionated at all. You think for some reason that bbs are massively op and that they decide the outcome of the match while consistently outputting 45k salvos. Despite you putting such a large amount of time invested into this game you actually think that. That’s why I’m telling you it’s sad. 

 

Edit: after taking a look at your stats they pretty much confirm that you don’t really have an understanding of how the meta you keep referring to works along with how much influence each ship class has. Take the time to go over why you died or an opponent died, along with why your team or the red team lost, and you’ll learn a lot. Best of luck 

Edited by Jakefromst8faarm
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles
1 hour ago, NoZoupForYou said:

I listened to about 5 different pronunciations.  Yours is one of many.  I give up.

Yeah, this is payback time for me being able to pronounce Khabaravosk perfectly.  I will never be able to pronounce this one right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
522
[WORX]
Members
1,807 posts
12,846 battles
24 minutes ago, Jakefromst8faarm said:

You think for some reason that bbs are massively op and that they decide the outcome of the match while consistently outputting 45k salvos.

^^^^ Misinterpretation on your part I never used the word "consistently"

24 minutes ago, Jakefromst8faarm said:

Despite you putting such a large amount of time invested into this game you actually think that. That’s why I’m telling you it’s sad. 

^^^^ This is not stocks or bonds or financials to view the game as something I would "invest" in. Time is wasted in the game not "invested".Even though as you pointed out I have so many battles. you still haven't clarifies the "actually think like that part".

Your confusing me man, your telling I put in so many battles yet I should think differently, for which you haven't clarified yet.

Like I said before I don;t like the the tier X meta, its BB overpowering based on different factors based on the many games I played (you brought up my games played). Again I ask you politely Clarify your argument of "actually think that"?

EDIT:

24 minutes ago, Jakefromst8faarm said:

Edit: after taking a look at your stats they pretty much confirm that you don’t really have an understanding of how the meta you keep referring to works along with how much influence each ship class has. Take the time to go over why you died or an opponent died, along with why your team or the red team lost, and you’ll learn a lot. Best of luck 

^^^^^ BB main should've known he would've had a biased opinion.Next time please clarify your original argument instead of misinterpreting my stats in your own words. 

 

 

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×