You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Horama

Ise in game

14 comments in this topic

[ML-S]
Members
318 posts
4,886 battles

I noticed something today in Blitz: Ise has been added as a premium and yes, she has an air wing.  I understand the mechanics of Blitz are different and a little more conductive to such a ship type, but I believe it would be fairly simple to implement something into the current main game (just have an airgroup like a CV bound to the 3 key).  My question is, do you guys think she might be added to the main game?  Would you like to see her in the main game?

Edited by Horama
  • Cool 2

Members
637 posts
62 battles
6 minutes ago, Horama said:

I noticed something today in Blitz: Ise has been added as a premium and yes, she has an air wing.  I understand the mechanics of Blitz are different and a little more conductive to such a ship type, but I believe it would be fairly simple to implement something into the current main game (just have an airgrouo like a CV bound to the 3 key).  My question is, do you guys think she might be added to the main game?  Would you like to see her in the main game?

Hybrids are in discussions since three years...

With the CVs being redone - unlikely any time soon :-(

How does the gameplay work for Ise in Blitz?

[KAPPA]
Members
509 posts
5,237 battles

...This irks me more than a bit... Ise's easily my favorite BB cosmetically, what with her weirdly cute... hat. Even if they just gave her something like Musashi's planes, I'd love to have her!

...Quiet, Mutsu. You're my favorite because you're a goof with single launch torps in silly-bad locations for how the game works.

Edited by Shoggoth_pinup

[-S-R-]
Members
1,894 posts
2,726 battles

I would love for Ise and similar ships to be added in the game. The issue is they require a lot of overhaul and balance, and will generate tons controversy

For now we can just wait and hope

[ML-S]
Members
318 posts
4,886 battles
1 hour ago, lron_Dog_of_Jutland said:

Hybrids are in discussions since three years...

With the CVs being redone - unlikely any time soon :-(

How does the gameplay work for Ise in Blitz?

I don’t have her, but Blitz has a little tab for switching armamanent between main battery, secondaries (because they are player controlled) and torps, so I would guess the planes are just another tab for Ise.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,486 posts
15,773 battles
2 hours ago, lron_Dog_of_Jutland said:

Hybrids are in discussions since three years... With the CVs being redone - unlikely any time soon :-(

Agree with this completely, except for the sad face; does anyone have a "Thank God" meme?

2 hours ago, _1204_ said:

I would love for Ise and similar ships to be added in the game. The issue is they require a lot of overhaul and balance, and will generate tons controversy

I think the issue is WoWs ability to screw up even the most basic thing and make it both complicated and painful; just look at the last three years of CV play if you don't believe that. And now you want them to add a ship which combines the BB, the most catered to ship in the game, with a CV, the most hosed over ship in the game; how could that ever be a problem?

[-S-R-]
Members
1,894 posts
2,726 battles
4 minutes ago, Umikami said:

I think the issue is WoWs ability to screw up even the most basic thing and make it both complicated and painful; just look at the last three years of CV play if you don't believe that. And now you want them to add a ship which combines the BB, the most catered to ship in the game, with a CV, the most hosed over ship in the game; how could that ever be a problem?

2 hours ago, _1204_ said:

Will generate tons of controversy

[OLDSK]
Beta Testers
408 posts
5,171 battles

I think In all the excitement people are missing what Ise could actually do.  She was never intended nor able to operate as any sort of conventional carrier.  She could only operate float planes and while her catapults could launch specially converted aircraft, they had to land on an actual carrier or land station.  In game terms for World of Warships, that means Ise would have at best consumables for catapult fighters and catapult spotting aircraft, possible many of them, but nothing even close to an actual carrier squadron.  

In the end Ise was an interesting concept and possibly useful for support or perhaps ASW operations, but really a poor use for a ship armed with 14 inch guns.

Members
1,772 posts
9,346 battles

Hey,

Ise and cruiser Tone would make for a unique and interesting playstyle if done correctly; but it seems unlikely anytime soon.  I see no reason why they could treat the aircraft like any other fighter/spotter use.  Just put 4 aircraft max up at any given time, with the same duration as all others and all guns work like any other.  Time to give the IJN line a decent BB, since the others suck (Kii) compared to their competitors.  Both ships could be good premium candidates IMHO.

Pete

Beta Testers
1,643 posts
3,820 battles

Well I see them not going with Ise for a long time due to Wargaming do to these unlimited planes now before with the rts. I don’t see it being done unless it is somehow has a limited time that you can be in the plane mode.

Tone is much easier as Wargaming can just give it an extra charge of fighter plane and scout plane while have slightly fast cooldowns on both. In addition It could have def as in a separate slot interchangeable with torp reload booster.

I hope for both Ise and Tone to be in the game it’s just more likely that Tone will be put in first. 

• Cool 1

[-AOA-]
Beta Testers
732 posts
6,576 battles
On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 12:34 AM, landedkiller said:

Well I see them not going with Ise for a long time due to Wargaming do to these unlimited planes now before with the rts. I don’t see it being done unless it is somehow has a limited time that you can be in the plane mode.

Tone is much easier as Wargaming can just give it an extra charge of fighter plane and scout plane while have slightly fast cooldowns on both. In addition It could have def as in a separate slot interchangeable with torp reload booster.

I hope for both Ise and Tone to be in the game it’s just more likely that Tone will be put in first. 

I can agree.  Let's see how WG launch the D4Y's bomber's and scout & fighter sea planes at different times. for both Ise, Tone, & CL line some of us want.

[MOOW]
Members
276 posts
16,698 battles

I want ise in her full bb glory before the tiny little pathetic flight deck was added..

[-AOA-]
Beta Testers
732 posts
6,576 battles
9 hours ago, Grapefruitcannon said:

I want ise in her full bb glory before the tiny little pathetic flight deck was added..

We could use Ise sister ship: Hyuga  as a premium. And let Ise be part of the tech tree. 

• Cool 1