You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SteelClaw

Another OP tier 10 premium. WG what are you thinking.

52 comments in this topic

Members
799 posts

Really WG why do you keep adding these OP Premiums? I know this is a work in progress, but it seems of late you have ignored your testers on bunch of premiums not just tier 10 and put them in as is. I have never made a post about any ship being OP, but this is getting out of hand. 

Edited by SteelClaw
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 5

Members
711 posts

remember all the fuss from the CC's and alike over Asashio, sometimes they just don't know their [edited] from their elbow and just have to peddle controversy to make videos or try to be relevant.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[CYPHR]
Supertester
26 posts
6,033 battles

People think the sky is falling from a video about a work in progress ship that isn't even finished yet.  :Smile_popcorn:

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,338 posts
4,264 battles

In retrospect, I suspect Alsace should have been the T10 and Republique the T9, but they didn't want to give us a tech tree ship with 17" guns at Tier 9.

My guess is somewhere just north of 300K coal or 800K Free XP. Maybe even 1 million Free XP. 

[DAKI]
Members
187 posts
7,385 battles

DMs and Hindens can bow tank this thing, much less the other BBs... its really not that OP

:Smile_sceptic:

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles

Look at what they did to Jean bart. They took away the good repair party, nerfed the sigma, and reduced the main battery reload consumable. This is likely the same case as what borgogne will go through

Members
2,481 posts
2,336 battles

Clearly the solution is to add my 5 seconds to active time and increase dispersion when using the booster. So people will curse like they do when using Dunkerque. 

[SPTR]
Members
3,479 posts
5,736 battles

Relax, it's a battleship with 32mm of hull everywhere, low hit points and guns that can't overmatch cruisers at tier X. It's good at flanking and taking indirect routes and be good with their positioning, punishing the enemy team with boosted AP salvos. But I can already tell the randoms are just gonna use the reload booster to shoot HE when they are pinned by a bow on battleship or even a cruiser, can't do any damage, and is dead moments after.

It's a tier X premium, WG won't allow it to be easy to acquire, and those that do acquire them are going to be very very formidable players. I would argue that's what gonna eventually make the ship OP, not the ship itself.

[WOLFA]
Members
90 posts
13,149 battles
36 minutes ago, MutsuKaiNi said:

DMs and Hindens can bow tank this thing, much less the other BBs... its really not that OP

:Smile_sceptic:

Hmm in Flambass video, hit a Yamato with HE for 10k dmg, in Notser the same, plus fires, tank that.

[SIDE]
Members
1,432 posts
3 minutes ago, Mala_suerte71 said:

Hmm in Flambass video, hit a Yamato with HE for 10k dmg, in Notser the same, plus fires, tank that.

Deaf ears my friend. The “good players” most likely to have access to the steel ships in the first place are all going to downplay its obviously enhanced strengths and focus on its weakness when it turns broadside or gets hit by tier X bombers or torpedos. Cuz, you know, Stalingrad is just another cruiser. This is just another B.B. Some Jedi mind trick. Lol. 

• Bad 1

[DPG]
Members
897 posts
4,435 battles

Why is it OP?  It's a pre-nerf Alsace with MBRB.  It still has 15" guns.  No other t10 has 15" guns.  Unless you thought the Alsace was OP.

Edited by Amenhir

[AXANR]
Members
3,363 posts
16,663 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

In retrospect, I suspect Alsace should have been the T10 and Republique the T9, but they didn't want to give us a tech tree ship with 17" guns at Tier 9.

My guess is somewhere just north of 300K coal or 800K Free XP. Maybe even 1 million Free XP. 

Except Republique is significantly more powerful than Alsace (and I say that even though I love both ships.) You have either never played them or you're playing Republique wrong.

[WORX]
Members
1,856 posts
12,904 battles

Figures, I just heard 3 sec of "Tier 10 Battle ship" and automatically thought its over powered. BBs at tier 10 are over powered regardless if its premium or not, I not not surprised nor impressed. 

If this BB can do 45k DMG in one salvo like the other BB in tier 10 can, then its going to join the other BBs as being over powered. IDK when WOWS thinks there is a problem yet with this meta but its a problem now, it needs to be addressed.

• Boring 1

Beta Testers
1,329 posts
3,591 battles

The next tier 10 steel ship needs advertising what did you expect ? It’s too good to be a coal ship. 

[TBOW]
Members
1,253 posts
10,690 battles

It is still going to get penned like crazy by everything.  Only think that would make the ship OP is if they gave it the a Super Heal, then yeah a bit OP, but otherwise nope. Might end up being another Conq, can do lots of Damage, but is not finishing things off.

Edited by GrimmeReaper

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,897 posts
10,471 battles

It doesn't seem that strong considering how tiny it's hp pool seems to be. Plus 15 inch guns are going to be painful for shooting cruisers at t10 and lower tiered cruisers plated in 27mm of armor.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,860 posts
10,641 battles
1 hour ago, RightYouAreKen said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if this is the new Clan Battles/Steel reward ship.  

Hope not

[CTF80]
[CTF80]
Members
4,226 posts
10,523 battles

There are no OP ships; just OP players.

Every time a new ship comes out with an extra feature, someone cries OP.  I remember when the pre-DeathNerf Mogami was good and everyone was whining that it was OP.

Overcome.  Adapt.  Cope.

Edited by mohawkdriver
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,860 posts
10,641 battles

I find it funny how everyone is saying it is too weak for T10 when it is a buffed Alsace. Didn't the actual Alsace just get nerfed for doing too well? As a T9 it sees T10 a lot and can hang with them very well. So a buffed up Alsace at T10, facing the same T10's the weaker T9 version does, is somehow going to be too weak???

:Smile_amazed::Smile_facepalm::Smile_teethhappy:

[SPTR]
Members
3,479 posts
5,736 battles
2 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

1. Many argued that Alsace was doing just fine at tier 9 and simply is suffering from some new ship syndrome. They were right, now they nerfed Alsace and arguably she's garbage.

2. Let's say you get kited by a Zao or a hindenburg (which is going to happen), and you have a choice between Bourgogne and Republique to deal against them, which ship would you choose? Let's say you caught another tier X bb boardside on 16km+ away, and you have a shot before he vanishes with his concealment , which ship would you choose?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,860 posts
10,641 battles
22 minutes ago, The_first_harbinger said:

1. Many argued that Alsace was doing just fine at tier 9 and simply is suffering from some new ship syndrome. They were right, now they nerfed Alsace and arguably she's garbage.

2. Let's say you get kited by a Zao or a hindenburg (which is going to happen), and you have a choice between Bourgogne and Republique to deal against them, which ship would you choose? Let's say you caught another tier X bb boardside on 16km+ away, and you have a shot before he vanishes with his concealment , which ship would you choose?

1 - I felt Alsace did not need the nerf. I agree it made it a much lessened ship. However I found it quite capable pre nerf and adequate now.

2 - Just because Republique would be better on an angled target with AP doesn't mean it would be the better choice for the broadside shot. I would actually take Republique for the angled shot with AP due to bigger guns and overmatch ability. However, if you found yourself being kited and the AP isn't working in Super Alsace you could always swap to HE and return the Spam Favor (hell, isn't that what most PVP players do with Republique or any other T10 BB now too? Everyone in BB's seems to use HE for everything now). It has 12 guns with good HE damage and a good fire %. So a different but effective way to deal with it. I would take a Super Alsace with 12, more accurate, shells on the broadside shot. 381MM guns can do a lot of regular pen damage and can citadel T10 BB's that are broadside. If you have watched any of the WIP videos on the ship even the guys like Starshield calling it weak are doing quite a bit of damage even to other BB's. I don't see why it has to be either or however. How about just realize every ship is different. Some are better than others in this or that area. 

I am not Saying the Super Alsace would suddenly be the best T10 BB out there but I don't feel it would be the weakling some are claiming it will be either. So what would you rather have the nerfed T9 Alsace facing T10's or the new T10 Super Alsace facing T10's? LOL

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[SBS]
Members
2,475 posts
2,253 battles
2 hours ago, b101uk said:

remember all the fuss from the CC's and alike over Asashio, sometimes they just don't know their [edited] from their elbow and just have to peddle controversy to make videos or try to be relevant.

Well, they were right.  The Asashio averages between 65%-85% more damage then the other T8 DDs.  If that's not a good case for being OP then I don't know what is. 

1 hour ago, Komrade_Juice said:

Remember when people were calling RPF OP due to some CC opinions? pepperidge farm remembers.

Do you remember WG ended up nerfing the accuracy of RPF, and increased it to a four point skill because of the concerns?  I can tell you RPF makes me a better DDs player.  I run it on my US DDs and I can't tell you how many IJN/low health DDs I've gunned down because there was just no way for them to escape.  I'm not even that good at using RPF, how about the Shima players out there nuking people with RPF fired torps?  When a captain skill can greatly lower the skill floor for the player using it, and greatly increase the floor for the other player, well, that skill might be OP.

My point about the Asashio, RPF (and these new ships) is we can view these things as a cool new dynamic in the game, or powercreep that is detrimental.  It can be both I suppose, as there are always power creep winners, and losers.  

Edited by Slimeball91