Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BenAubrey

Simply UNFAIR - All BOTS now have radar in CO OP

90 comments in this topic

[GTF]
Members
76 posts
4,947 battles

This is gettin ridiculous....the BOTs now do a instant 90 degree turn (on a dime) when you fire torps at the targeted ship....I wish my North Carolina or Colorado could turn that fast!!!  It appears that all BOTs have instant radar against the first ship that targets them.......and as others have said.....the BOT does not miss when it fires now.....

Destroyers coming to a stop in less than 50 meters or going backwards at FULL Speed to avoid torps....my destroyers can't do that... battleships regularly doing 90 degree turns and sliding between torps...smh

BOT ships forming battle lines and chasing the first ship targeted to the edges of the map...heedless of caps or other ships...

Am I the only one experiencing this??

CO OPS used to be fast and fun.....now most folks are playing them as passively as they do Randoms.....it is ashamed....don't understand why WG would do this.  When I started in April, alot of the CO ops BOTs would charge the caps....they modified that....and things seem to balance out.....now they have gone overboard in the other direction.....why??

• Cool 10
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 3

[POP]
Members
854 posts
9,748 battles

I had a game today in coop where the bot DD's did a 180 and left the cap!

My team almost lost, saved by the few patient ships carefully whittling away, while avoiding radar.

I was impressed by the bot teamwork!

[RKLES]
Members
7,198 posts
8,955 battles

The trick is to shoot Torps when you are not target locked on your target. The bot torp evasion system is old actually and gives them some way of not being stupidly easy to to hit with Torps. Just aim your Torps using torp aiming system, then tap X key to deselect your target, but remember how you had your torps aimed and fire then as soon as you hit X key and the bots will not realize you fired Torps.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1
  • Cool 6

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
9,652 posts
3,924 battles
20 minutes ago, BenAubrey said:

This is gettin ridiculous....the BOTs now do a instant 90 degree turn (on a dime) when you fire torps at the targeted ship....I wish my North Carolina or Colorado could turn that fast!!!  It appears that all BOTs have instant radar against the first ship that targets them.......and as others have said.....the BOT does not miss when it fires now.....

Destroyers coming to a stop in less than 50 meters or going backwards at FULL Speed to avoid torps....my destroyers can't do that... battleships regularly doing 90 degree turns and sliding between torps...smh

BOT ships forming battle lines and chasing the first ship targeted to the edges of the map...heedless of caps or other ships...

CO OPS used to be fast and fun.....now most folks are playing them as passively as they do Randoms.....it is ashamed....don't understand why WG would do this.  When I started in April, alot of the CO ops BOTs would charge the caps....they modified that....and things seem to balance out.....now they have gone overboard in the other direction.....why??

I just had to play passively in co-op about an hour ago. I even asked if they turned the harder bots back on. Granted I've been drinking but... not a single citadel on a broadside atago? Man.

coopcarry.wowsreplay

[GTF]
Members
76 posts
4,947 battles

Well for me...watching a Colorado....moving backwards....then start forward...I fired torps....and execute a 90 degree turn with little to no forward movement....my Colorado can't do that lol.....

Anyway..it is silly to complain...won't change nuthin'....just a chance to vent......  I have enjoyed the Co ops..fast paced....usually 10 min or so..perfect for me with other things goin on in RL....but with the changes since 7.8...most games have become as passive as randoms....not as much fun just to jump on line and go blow thing up lol......but I keep playin......

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
9,652 posts
3,924 battles
3 minutes ago, KnightFandragon said:

Harder gameplay but the same garbage rewards?  Thought risk vs reward would see some kind of increase in pay...

Yea the drunk W's vs the drunk L's equation is starting to get... skewed.

[VW]
Members
1,934 posts
12,495 battles
10 minutes ago, KnightFandragon said:

Harder gameplay but the same garbage rewards?  Thought risk vs reward would see some kind of increase in pay...

Jump in randoms. I was intimidated when i first started, but its really not that bad, plus you get better over time precisely because your enemy is unpredictable. And of course the rewards are much better. This is even more true for ranked.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 4

[WOLFC]
Members
180 posts
13,984 battles

I've noticed the changes in bot behaviour lately but I can't tell any difference in my win rate in co-op. I wouldn't say the gameplay is harder, just different. I play mainly BBs and DDs in co-op.

When in a DD, I try to get up close and personal before launching torps. I agree long range torping of bots is mostly a lost cause. Getting in close is a high risk, high reward tactic. If you live long enough, it can result in some exciting torp dev strikes. My best results come when I don't get too far ahead of a friendly cruiser or BB so the bots have something else to shoot at, not just me.

• Cool 1

Members
188 posts
15,737 battles

ITS COOP

Last time I played COOP for those SCs (which is just a few days ago) I literally drove straight down the middle with each T10 and killed everything in the way.

Bots are bots, you left click, they die.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 16

Members
3,775 posts
14,010 battles
24 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

If there's one thing that bots do well compared to the average WoWS player, is they torpedo beat :Smile_teethhappy:

You got that right, they start turning before your torps have even hit the water. A plus is that the Green bots are never AFK. :Smile_great:

BTW, the Torpedo boats in the Dunkirk Op don't torpedo beat. I've nailed a few of them with torpedoes. They just scream along in a straight line, fat dumb and happy.

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
9,652 posts
3,924 battles
3 minutes ago, Gandariel said:

How you can lost against bots?

At this hour there's a lack of total players at all. Short-handed teams even in randoms.

That also means you can't fill a full team of humans in co-op. It's occasionally hard to carry being one of only 2 or 3 humans on a team when the rest is bots that yolo to death.

• Cool 1

[TCNNA]
Members
301 posts
11,060 battles

New ai is boring. Before you can have a good close range fight and finish a Battle in 8 minute max. (I have Real Life , cannot stay all day in this game). Now bot Camp,  run away and Battles are too long.

• Cool 3

[SBD]
[SBD]
Members
254 posts
3,467 battles

They have definitely given the bots an upper hand when it comes to torp dodging, I jumped into a Coop game yesterday with my Tachibana, a bot Nassau dodged 6 seperate sets of torps that I dropped at fairly close range, That thing was ducking and dodging like a it was a DD. :cap_viking:

My team lost the match! I can't remember the last time I lost in CooP.:Smile_sad:

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

I seem to be running into different bots than you guys, just two days ago I managed to blast two DDs out of the water with a single torp slavo and some time in the last month I recall brawling five ships to death with the secondaries on my KGV. I keep fighting the stupid bots apparently.

[PVE]
Members
5,600 posts
18,189 battles

Yeah they went back to the "new" AI for co-op today. The bots are still as easy to kill as ever, it just takes way more time since they turn and try to kite you. It is stupid to see a bot Montana try to kite a cruiser with AP. All you have to do is spam HE at them and burn them down as they run, just takes for freaking ever for a match now. If you play carriers, use them. The bot carrier does not send out his fighters, he keeps them nearby so you can slaughter all his attack planes. He also never leaves his spawn spot so destroy his planes and ships, then send in your fighters to take out his as you bomb/torp his stupid, stationary self. 

For BB players, don't try and fire AP at kiting red BBs. Time to use HE and burn them to death. Cruisers just do the normal cruiser thing and you will be fine. DDs will do better as well since they will turn and run if you shoot at them..... The new AI only has the effect of dragging out the matches and frustrates the human players. All you have to do is adjust your play style a bit and you still will win. It just takes a long time..... It is far more boring than it was and since it takes two or three times longer to finish the match, you will make less playing because you can not get more games done in the same amount of time. 

It is obvious that Wargaming people do not play the mode as they are oblivious to why we play co-op in the first place. Aggressive bots are fun, kiting bots are boring. It is either that or they intend to punish us by ruining the mode to force us to play PvP. Either way it is obnoxious. I guess I need to update my Steam review about how fun co-op play is/was. 

• Cool 5

[ARGSY]
Members
6,258 posts
4,224 battles
5 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

The bot torp evasion system is old actually and gives them some way of not being stupidly easy to to hit with Torps.

Much as this may be the case, it has been turned up to stupid levels of evasion capability, in terms of both awareness and manoeuvre. 

[4HIM]
Members
1,798 posts
4,058 battles
15 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Much as this may be the case, it has been turned up to stupid levels of evasion capability, in terms of both awareness and manoeuvre. 

Yep.  I've seen some bots do impossible turns to avoid even suicide close spreads.  If possible, they've even dethroned Yuro as the torpedo-beat king.  

[DENY2]
Members
16 posts
459 battles
6 hours ago, BenAubrey said:

It's absolutely horrible, it's bad enough wargaming gave Bots the ability to shoot HE&AP rounds at us as well as torps, but then they put CV with the ability to drop bombs on us... oh my. But the nerve of wargaming to now make Bots semi difficult to kill, meaning you may have to put in a little effort to win a match. That's absolutely horrible... I think to teach wargaming a lesson all PVE players should go on strike, that'll show them! 

• Cool 5
  • Funny 5
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 8

[WOLF1]
Members
2,015 posts

lol because wg think 12k players are too many, need to reduce that

joke aside, i don't play coop, but if this is true, then wg is making a mistake, big one

[WOLF9]
Members
3,241 posts

Had one yesterday evade my torps by reversing.   It was stuck on an island, backed off, stopped, etc-until I launched.  THEN it went 0-60 in .005 seconds to evade all but 2 that just caught the tip of it's bow.   It was moving slowly when I fired BEHIND it...  A tier 9 CA.  No friggin way.

Same bots that instantly turn bow on as soon as you put your reticle on them- once again, impossible, but they do it constantly.

Annoying stuff like this sucks the fun out of the game...  Why penalize us for playing well and getting into a position to nail enemy ships with AP salvos?   Why force mindless HE spam on everyone??

This weekend was just CRAP from end to end.   The only ships I had any success in were Missouri and Minsk,  and by success, I mean actually being able to land the occasional shot for decent damage- or in the case of Minsk dev strike an NM with my torps.   Nor-Cal was reduced to capping and long range HE spam just to avoid paying to play...   You know something is effed up when you can reliably hit DD's with your BB- but cruisers?  Not a chance.   The bot BB's?  Lol- don't make me laugh- they were all chasing nothing near the map edges or hiding behind rocks...

I DID discover, however, that Mahan is a torpedo-beat champion, lol.   The bots kept spamming wave after wave of em at me- and I just kept dodging them with ease.  Too bad that's ALL I was able to accomplish that game...  (same game where the bot cruiser reversed out of MY salvo)

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,804 posts
10,590 battles
7 hours ago, BenAubrey said:

It's always been like that with them having Ninja Master torp dodging abilities that defy the stats/capabilities of the ship. Targeting one ship as a pack to the exclusion of closer threats, always getting max damage and cits, hardly ever missing, setting fires like crazy, THEIR torps always being spot on, the bots always knowing where you are even when undetected, etc... None of that is new. Been like that since I started playing WOWS in Dec 2016.

They mess with the AI now and then trying to make it better but usually end up resetting to what it was. The most recent attempt ( 2 patches ago I think it was) had some good things like bots actually using their smoke and WASD'ing a bit for more challenging targets but it had a lot of bad too like the way they just rana way the second you shot at them like happens so much in PVP.

They are trying to strike a good compromise. It takes time as Co-op is the bottom rung in priority for them. But at least they are trying.

Sign in to follow this