You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
w4spl3g

RN DDs: Is it possible to get a mission for one more than once?

10 comments in this topic

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts

If you grind out a ship from a mission, can you subsequently get a mission for one you already have and do it again for credits?

I did not see this mentioned anywhere in the official or unofficial posts/threads/news.

@Radar_X

@Femennenly <--- I saw you in a Conqueror in ranked today. Sacrilege.

@Gneisenau013

EDIT: Enjoy my torpedo beats from ranked earlier today, he eventually got me anyway, @WindRun

Edited by w4spl3g

[FOXEH]
Members
3,349 posts
12,079 battles

I got two missions for Cleveland when the US Cruiser missions were out. I think the mistake I made was selling the first one. I then got the second one. I'm not selling a single UK DD until the arc is over.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
6 minutes ago, Khafni said:

I got two missions for Cleveland when the US Cruiser missions were out. I think the mistake I made was selling the first one. I then got the second one. I'm not selling a single UK DD until the arc is over.

Well, I wasn't going to buy anything, but I looked a little closer, and since I'm guaranteed to get $44 back in dubloons from the 40 crates I bought those, and some other reasons. So, on the 3rd one I got a Lightning mission. 16,000 base XP is like 1 or 2 weeknights depending on how much time I can play.  I was wondering, if I finish the quest for it first, is it possible to get another one, i.e. free port slot, credit value, etc. I know people say crate contents are already determined before you open them. I don't know if that's true or not for the ones you buy, but I'd like to.

Edited by w4spl3g

[PVE]
Members
9,542 posts
7,451 battles
9 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

If you grind out a ship from a mission, can you subsequently get a mission for one you already have and do it again for credits?

I did not see this mentioned anywhere in the official or unofficial posts/threads/news.

@Radar_X

@Gneisenau013

EDIT: Enjoy my torpedo beats from ranked earlier today, he eventually got me anyway, @WindRun

No, the RN Rules said you can get only one of each of the T5-T8 early access missions. See the last sentence in the screeshot.

SxowygO.jpg

Now, if you get an early access mission right before patch 7.10 drops on Oct 17th and do not complete the mission before you get the ship from the tech tree (almost certainly with FXP or XP gained while it is a premium), then you get credits for the early access mission ship when you complete the mission.

So for example, you get the T5 Acasta DD and grind out the 35k XP lets say (don't know the real value) and the line drops on the 17th. You get a T6 Icarus mission right before the line drops. You take your 35k your ground and buy the T6 Icarus from the tech tree when the line goes live. So when you complete the Icarus early access mission, you already have Icarus in port from the tech tree, so you get credits.

• Cool 2

[WGA]
Administrator, Community Department, WG Staff, Retired Community Contributors
279 posts
12,425 battles
36 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

@Radar_X

@Gneisenau013

Yep!

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
13 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

No, the RN Rules said you can get only one of each of the T5-T8 early access missions. See the last sentence in the screeshot.

SxowygO.jpg

Now, if you get an early access mission right before patch 7.10 drops on Oct 17th and do not complete the mission before you get the ship from the tech tree (almost certainly with FXP or XP gained while it is a premium), then you get credits for the early access mission ship when you complete the mission.

So for example, you get the T5 Acasta DD and grind out the 35k XP lets say (don't know the real value) and the line drops on the 17th. You get a T6 Icarus mission right before the line drops. You take your 35k your ground and buy the T6 Icarus from the tech tree when the line goes live. So when you complete the Icarus early access mission, you already have Icarus in port from the tech tree, so you get credits.

Thanks, I went ahead and opened the rest and got the T5/T6/T7 missions as well, and cashed in for the dubloons on Warspite/Gallant which I already had (and got the full listed value in the text, I checked because I read complaints from people who didn't).

[PVE]
Members
9,542 posts
7,451 battles
1 minute ago, w4spl3g said:

Thanks, I went ahead and opened the rest and got the T5/T6/T7 missions as well, and cashed in for the dubloons on Warspite/Gallant which I already had (and got the full listed value in the text, I checked because I read complaints from people who didn't).

WG said that they were going to fix those peoples doubloons who got Warspite during the overlapping sales.

[SW]
Beta Testers
1,890 posts
8,230 battles

Finally got a mission after all crates earned and bought 10 more, the very last crate.