You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ramsalot

République is really growing on me

16 comments in this topic

Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles

Never had any desire to play French BBs, but first WG gives me mission for Richelieu and then they release that really good looking Paris skin.  I could not bring myself to pay for the other space skins, simply because I purchased Type 20 camo for those T10s that could have a space skin in my port prior to this whole space event.  So, I got République just so I could sport the one space skin I ever purchased.  But, the more I played it, the more I liked it.  I am liking BB that I never wanted in the first place, over something like Yamato that I was grinding hard to get.  Anyone else had similar experience in game?

[ENDVR]
Members
410 posts
5,323 battles

Truly an amazing and comfortable BB. Glad you’re enjoying it and think many others would if they made the grind. 

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles

France is my favorite bb line. From tier 7 and up they each have very special and unique features. You go from shotgun 16 gun broadside, to forward turrets, to god, then finish at republique. The secondary battery, fast reload, engine boost at tier 10... it's all lovely

Color me hyped for Borgogne

Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles
17 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

Color me hyped for Borgogne

Yeah, me want.  Any news on it?

• Cool 1

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

I do like it a lot... and I want to be good in it but I do suffer with it a little. I know what I'm supposed to do with it- I'm just not always able to produce. 

[INTEL]
Members
6,659 posts
25,690 battles

Not a BB guy but the three I like the most, (ok 5 with NC and Missouri), are Republique, Alsace, Richelieu,

Republique and Alsace are my #1 and #2

Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles
1 minute ago, alexf24 said:

Not a BB guy but the three I like the most, (ok 5 with NC and Missouri), are Republique, Alsace, Richelieu,

Republique and Alsace are my #1 and #2

Yamato is my other go to BB ever since I got legendary upgrade for her.  For me it's a tie between Yamato and Republique, with Missouri and Musashi next in line.

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles
31 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

Yeah, me want.  Any news on it?

I am praying to rngesus that it is either coal or steel (free xp sure, but never heard of). If it's a cb or ranked (or other) reward ship, I worry I dont have the means to acquire it, as I never rank out and my clan usually only pulls storm.

Beta Testers
2,983 posts
4,374 battles

they will need to find a way to balance bon jovi so she don't make republique irrelevant.

do a salem,nerf something from her and buff something else.

Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles
21 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

I am praying to rngesus that it is either coal or steel (free xp sure, but never heard of). If it's a cb or ranked (or other) reward ship, I worry I dont have the means to acquire it, as I never rank out and my clan usually only pulls storm.

I suspect Borgogne will cost coal (Salem style), and Jean Bart will be free XP.  I would love to get both.  Sorry, Salem and Alaska will just have to wait their turn.

• Cool 1

Members
43 posts
5,114 battles
42 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

I suspect Borgogne will cost coal (Salem style), and Jean Bart will be free XP.  I would love to get both.  Sorry, Salem and Alaska will just have to wait their turn.

Oh man I hope so been hoarding as much coal and free xp as I can get my hands on just in case. T7 and up on the French BB line are my favorite battleships now. Been debating about getting the T10 camo for Republique or Montana and while Montana's broadside can be a blast Republique feels more consistent in punishing wiggling cruisers and she feels faster/more nimble. (Randoms I rarely play ranked and never play clan wars)

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
2 hours ago, Ramsalot said:

Never had any desire to play French BBs, but first WG gives me mission for Richelieu and then they release that really good looking Paris skin.  I could not bring myself to pay for the other space skins, simply because I purchased Type 20 camo for those T10s that could have a space skin in my port prior to this whole space event.  So, I got République just so I could sport the one space skin I ever purchased.  But, the more I played it, the more I liked it.  I am liking BB that I never wanted in the first place, over something like Yamato that I was grinding hard to get.  Anyone else had similar experience in game?

Yea, I got French crates when it came out, FXP'd to it immediately. Regretted both because I hated it.

But now, I like it, it's great at killing cruisers and pretty much handles like one.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,866 posts
5,255 battles

I'm really enjoying Alsace.  I'm skeptical of Republique though.  Is it really that good with only 2 quad turrets?

[FACT]
Members
401 posts
3,935 battles

It's a fantastic BB. My favorite T10 BB by far. Very smooth to play.

I hope WG doesn't mess it up with the other T10 Premium BB they may drop in the French line.