You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RickPatton

Spotting and Fighter Planes on BB and CA

7 comments in this topic

[ABCD3]
Members
66 posts
3,102 battles

Cannot figure out you have a plane feature but it is not shown and you don't have that feature but the plane is shown.   Strange.  

BB Texas has a spotting plane but in port and in battle it is not shown on the catapult.  When launched, it comes out of the ships body.  

CA Seattle (B) in port has a fighter plane but no options listed on Ammo&Consumables / Upgrades.  

[WOLF5]
Members
1,535 posts
2,123 battles

Seattle has radar, not spotter. Don't know why the plane isn't there on the TX, may be a modeling thing. Otherwise the planes are a consumable that has to balanced, and the plane models are historical. They may not line up. My favorite is the landing. That plane comes zipping in and that pilot just lands it right on that catapult, sometimes the hanger crew is out there and has that plane stowed instantly, regardless of the shells that might be raining in. Also, somehow that catapult is more durable than the gun turrets, maybe they need to switch some armor around.

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles
49 minutes ago, RickPatton said:

BB Texas has a spotting plane but in port and in battle it is not shown on the catapult.  When launched, it comes out of the body.  

As you know, the plane on Texas is new. I'm sure once wg finds out it will be fixed

[TBOW]
Members
210 posts
1,851 battles

Texas/new york and Wyoming both earned spotter aircraft in the recent update, my guess is (I don't have any of those ships currently) they didn’t change the graphics on the ships much. It’s also probably bugged along with all the other things in this update

[PNG]
Supertester, Supertester
5,663 posts
6,472 battles

The catapult is modeled onto the turret, but I assume they haven't figured out how to make the plane properly launch from the turret yet, so for now it's launching from center-mass. Once they figure out how not to launch poor Jimmy into the superstructure they will probably make it so the plane exists physically on the turret.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,796 posts
15,175 battles
2 hours ago, RickPatton said:

BB Texas has a spotting plane but in port and in battle it is not shown on the catapult.

It's a stealth spotter.

[ABCD3]
Members
66 posts
3,102 battles

Guess they were busy with the Royal Navy launch to update the graphics for the BB.