Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Geococcyx

Advice Needed on Unique Upgrades

9 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

45
[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
207 posts
5,316 battles

Hi all-

For the Anniversary event I played 4 T-X ships for the first time since the Unique/Legend upgrades came out and thereby activated the upgrade missions.  These mission will expire at the end of the year and I will not likely have time to grind all 4, plus finish the one for the Gearing I am currently working on.  I am looking for advice on which ones I should prioritize first and which I might let go. I have watched YouTube for advice and done some research on the forum but have not come to any firm conclusions. So I am turning to people who have a history playing this ships with the Unique/Legend upgrades for your advice. 

The ships are: G. Kurfurst, Shimakaze, Khabarovsk, and Grozovoi.

I am likely to have the mission for the G Kurfurst toward the top of the list, as I have always like BB brawling even though I am a DD main. The Shimakaze was my first T-X but  have not played it much as I find sluggish for a torp boat, but love the T-7 to 9 IJN boats. I was working on the Russian DD line pretty heavily before they split but have not done much with them since then, just keep getting distracted with other lines.

Thanks for the advice in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
287
[NGA]
Members
1,289 posts
7,816 battles

That end date is just a placeholder, they are a permanent addition and the date will reset each year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,232
[PVE]
Members
9,716 posts
7,466 battles
5 minutes ago, Geococcyx said:

Hi all-

For the Anniversary event I played 4 T-X ships for the first time since the Unique/Legend upgrades came out and thereby activated the upgrade missions.  These mission will expire at the end of the year and I will not likely have time to grind all 4, plus finish the one for the Gearing I am currently working on.  I am looking for advice on which ones I should prioritize first and which I might let go. I have watched YouTube for advice and done some research on the forum but have not come to any firm conclusions. So I am turning to people who have a history playing this ships with the Unique/Legend upgrades for your advice. 

The ships are: G. Kurfurst, Shimakaze, Khabarovsk, and Grozovoi.

I am likely to have the mission for the G Kurfurst toward the top of the list, as I have always like BB brawling even though I am a DD main. The Shimakaze was my first T-X but  have not played it much as I find sluggish for a torp boat, but love the T-7 to 9 IJN boats. I was working on the Russian DD line pretty heavily before they split but have not done much with them since then, just keep getting distracted with other lines.

Thanks for the advice in advance.

 

2 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

That end date is just a placeholder, they are a permanent addition and the date will reset each year.

This^^^^^

 

And I put together a list of Unique Upgrades and calculated the numbers of what each upgrade did in each spot. You can check them out below, look at what them numbers do, compare it to how you play and see if you want to try it out or just hang on to it in case things change.

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45
[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
207 posts
5,316 battles

WHEW - thanks guys for your response. I check out your link, thank you for doing the work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,232
[PVE]
Members
9,716 posts
7,466 battles
Just now, Geococcyx said:

WHEW - thanks guys for your response. I check out your link, thank you for doing the work. 

You are welcome. Look at the numbers and decide for yourself. Take my thoughts at the end of each first post with a large grain of salt as I have yet to use one. I just went off of how the numbers changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
286
[PLPT]
Members
635 posts
6,825 battles

The Shimakaze legendary module is great if you use the 12k Type 93 mod 3’s to torp from a distance.  The glacial turret rotation prevents you from knife fighting with torps, however.

Personally, I run the 8k F3’s, which don’t work well with the legendary mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,232
[PVE]
Members
9,716 posts
7,466 battles
1 minute ago, n00bot said:

The Shimakaze legendary module is great if you use the 12k Type 93 mod 3’s to torp from a distance.  The glacial turret rotation prevents you from knife fighting with torps, however.

Personally, I run the 8k F3’s, which don’t work well with the legendary mod.

Yeah, with the torp traverse going from 7.2 seconds for a 180 deg turn to 30-36 sec for 180 deg turn, you really have to plan ahead on torp launches with the Shima UU. Hopefully, they will cut it down to -60-65% torp traverse, which puts it to around 15-20 sec for a 180 deg turn, but I don't know if WG will do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
286
[PLPT]
Members
635 posts
6,825 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

Yeah, with the torp traverse going from 7.2 seconds for a 180 deg turn to 30-36 sec for 180 deg turn, you really have to plan ahead on torp launches with the Shima UU. Hopefully, they will cut it down to -60-65% torp traverse, which puts it to around 15-20 sec for a 180 deg turn, but I don't know if WG will do that.

Unlikely to change, yes.

The big thing to know about this traverse speed is that ANY rudder shift will prevent you from launching.  You can only launch legendary torps if your rudder stays straight during launch.  Absolutely useless if you need to torp and maneuver simultaneously (knife fights or running while spotted)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,232
[PVE]
Members
9,716 posts
7,466 battles
6 minutes ago, n00bot said:

Unlikely to change, yes.

The big thing to know about this traverse speed is that ANY rudder shift will prevent you from launching.  You can only launch legendary torps if your rudder stays straight during launch.  Absolutely useless if you need to torp and maneuver simultaneously (knife fights or running while spotted)

Would you be so kind as to put that bit of advice about keeping the rudder straight in the Shima UU thread please? That way people checking it out will have someone who has used it who can tell them the upsides and downsides please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×