Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Tank_Ace

does MM take into account your rankings in randam battle

14 comments in this topic

Members
11 posts
933 battles

Does the MM take into account you ranking (if you have one) in random battles.  I been noticing since starting ranked battles that I am doing on average much poorer when playing lower tier ships.  Is this coincidence or is MM matching me up with other ranked players (players with about the same rank)  in random battle.  

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,799 battles
Just now, Tank_Ace said:

Does the MM take into account you ranking (if you have one) in random battles.  I been noticing since starting ranked battles that I am doing on average much poorer when playing lower tier ships.  Is this coincidence or is MM matching me up with other ranked players (players with about the same rank)  in random battle.  

No

[WOLF9]
Members
1,108 posts
6 minutes ago, Tank_Ace said:

Yes, it checks your record, and if your last battle was a win, you get put on a team with eleven people who could not pour urine from a boot that has instructions printed on the heel.

• Funny 1

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles

Socially correct answer: no

Tin foil matchmaking har answer: of course!

Depends on if you believe in that matchmaker gibberish. Even if you do though, it's probably based on the better players stats, who also happen to have a higher rank.

In truth we will never know:Smile_bajan2:

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,149 posts
14,555 battles

Just because someone has a Ranking number next to their name doesn't mean they're decent players.

• Cool 1

[VW]
Members
1,940 posts
12,499 battles
33 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

Yes, it checks your record, and if your last battle was a win, you get put on a team with eleven people who could not pour urine from a boot that has instructions printed on the heel.

Mutiny , i thought that was a word for the navy.

Edited by monpetitloup

[VW]
Members
1,940 posts
12,499 battles
42 minutes ago, Tank_Ace said:

Mm clearly attempts to slam you down to 50 percent. Simply analyze the rankings of players on each team after rank and random battles. You can see which team was meant to win. Yoo can feel it when placed on a losing team, because the carry will be that much harder. After enough games even the way people move out of the gate is an indicator of how the match will go.

• Cool 2

[ICE9]
Members
835 posts
46 minutes ago, Tank_Ace said:

MM is a highly advanced algorithm that includes your stats, other players' stats, Tom Brady's stats, the S&P 500, as well as the moon phase and weather conditions in Botswana.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,803 posts
15,265 battles
37 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Just because someone has a Ranking number next to their name doesn't mean they're decent players.

Ain't that a fact!

1 hour ago, Tank_Ace said:

Does the MM take into account you ranking (if you have one) in random battles.

You're lucky MM takes into account what ship you're in; it certainly doesn't care about anything else.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,341 posts
14,874 battles
43 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Indeed, and just cause they choose not to play doesn't make them bad players.

• Boring 1

[KAPPA]
Members
219 posts
4,387 battles

Forget rank, MM doesn't even care who's on which team! The MM revolves around the "gotta go fast" philosophy. Sure, you can go full tinfoil hat over how the MM is designed specifically to screw you and only you over, but that just gets you laughed at.

[INTEL]
Members
8,588 posts
25,732 battles
17 hours ago, Tank_Ace said:

Not that I have seen. The result is that you get teams that are absolutely stacked with high ranked players, blatantly unfair. Once after last season I was on a team with 7 players  who had reached Ranked 1. We didn't lose. 

Teams with more high Ranked players win more, according to data I collected after the last Ranked season. 

Sign in to follow this