You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

If you have a T9 or T10

27 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
5,032 posts
8,271 battles

Play Arms Race mode.

The WarGaming gods command it!

• Cool 1
  • Bad 3

[WOLF5]
Members
1,539 posts
2,148 battles

The issue for me, and I suspect others is that Ranked is still going on. Not why they didn't wait for the season to finish before introducing Arms race, but the T10 pool is divided right now. I'll probably give it a go tonight though.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,539 posts
2,148 battles
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

:Smile_popcorn:

What's the show going to be? Why do I need my popcorn and coke?

• Funny 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,169 posts
14,605 battles
5 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

What's the show going to be? Why do I need my popcorn and coke?

New Game Modes in PVP tend to attract special conversations.

[LOU1]
Members
3,063 posts
8,155 battles

There are quite a few players that complained about being out playing Tier X's competitively.  Arms Race might be a way to play them in a fun way for a change.  Also, some of us have Tier X's that they are not used to.  Outside of PvE, Arms Race is a "safe" way to gain some experience in them.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,539 posts
2,148 battles
3 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

New Game Modes in PVP tend to attract special conversations.

True, certain types of people should be showing up soon.

:Smile_popcorn:

• Funny 2

[-WPG-]
Members
815 posts
3,378 battles

I like it because since it doesn't affect win rate or other stats, you can be extra aggressive, or try out questionable legendary mods.  Also seems good for grinding modules. I just got the Iowa last week and am now playing that exclusively in arms race until I get it fully upgraded. 

• Cool 2

Members
3,813 posts
14,127 battles
31 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Play Arms Race mode.

The WarGaming gods command it!

That must mean that the queue times are long.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,769 posts
4,582 battles
Just now, ReddNekk said:

I was playing Izumo earlier today in this mode and it took 3 minutes, the match was not even full.

Granted, it was very early...

[SBS]
Members
2,485 posts
2,253 battles
9 minutes ago, GabbertheDabber said:

Cus it's fun and u can play the Seattle without being instantly deleted.

Somehow I find that hard to believe. :Smile_sceptic:

Just now, DouglasMacAwful said:

I like it because since it doesn't affect win rate or other stats, you can be extra aggressive, or try out questionable legendary mods.  Also seems good for grinding modules. I just got the Iowa last week and am now playing that exclusively in arms race until I get it fully upgraded. 

I just unlocked my first T9 ship (the Fletcher), so I'll probably grind some of the upgrades in arms race (if queue times aren't too bad).

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles

I'd gladly grind out lines in arms race, but I hear that the xp gains are less:Smile_sceptic:

[-WPG-]
Members
815 posts
3,378 battles
1 minute ago, _1204_ said:

I'd gladly grind out lines in arms race, but I hear that the xp gains are less:Smile_sceptic:

Nope. It's essentially a random battle. Same xp/credits as randoms. DDs might get less since the buff caps don't award cap xp (not sure if final cap does).

[NG-NL]
Members
5,032 posts
8,271 battles
9 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

If you get at least a couple of the buffs, the XP gain is comparable to Random. Finished up my Z52's stage 1 there. Only a very detectable ship like Izumo without both concealment skill and module will be spotted while getting within the required 12km range.

Only gamble is hoping your DDs are competent. Atm it seems whichever team has the better DDs is guaranteed an easier time. Had defeats earlier from our DDs dying early.

[FML]
Members
1,770 posts
10,153 battles
23 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

Humpf. Here I was thinking that the OP must want to play his T8s in peace, hoping that Arms Race would drain away the top tier ships. 

Members
3,813 posts
14,127 battles
6 hours ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Humpf. Here I was thinking that the OP must want to play his T8s in peace, hoping that Arms Race would drain away the top tier ships. 

I had that hope too. Yesterday, I logged on with Cleveland hoping that I would'nt be bottom tiered, as usual, against a crapload of tier 10s because of the Arms race. It didn't happen, I was bottom tiered in every battle. :Smile_sad:

Edited by ReddNekk

[FML]
Members
1,770 posts
10,153 battles
1 minute ago, ReddNekk said:

I had that hope too. Yesterday, I logged on with Cleveland hoping that I would be bottom tiered, as usual, against a crapload of tier 10s because of the Arms race. It didn't happen, I was bottom tiered in every battle. :Smile_sad:

Interesting. I was assuming that it was working to shift the population. Last night, I played 8 games in my Gallant, and I was fighting T8s in all but one of those battles. Three of those, I was the only T6. It was getting lame, particularly as I was in queue for only 10-15 seconds so it wasn’t like a match had to happen. Having said that, I was in the groove and kicked a bunch of T8 BBs in the face; finished top three in each battle (and first a few times). 

Members
1,847 posts
17,666 battles

Arms Race rules...the funnest mode ever IMO but lacking rewards for events going on presently so most are sticking to random still to get credit for achievements in Hall of Fame.

It will suck if they cancel AR due to lack of participation due only to the fact people are trying to get extra containers from Brit event & AR doesn't give as many points.

[SALVO]
Members
17,110 posts
17,776 battles
1 hour ago, ReddNekk said:

I had that hope too. Yesterday, I logged on with Cleveland hoping that I would be bottom tiered, as usual, against a crapload of tier 10s because of the Arms race. It didn't happen, I was bottom tiered in every battle. :Smile_sad:

Sounds like you got EXACTLY what you wanted.  You hoped to be bottom tier against tier 10's and you got it.  :Smile_teethhappy:

[WOLFB]
Members
451 posts
3,836 battles

Arms Race was really fun on the Public Test Server. Giving any ship a permanent Repair Party. Or increasing the ROF on the Harugamo or Worcester more than it already is. Good times!

I'm grinding my Benson as fast as I can. See you soon.

Members
3,813 posts
14,127 battles
4 hours ago, Crucis said:

Sounds like you got EXACTLY what you wanted.  You hoped to be bottom tier against tier 10's and you got it.  :Smile_teethhappy:

LOL! I mis-spelled "would" for "would'nt". I need to read over my posts more carefully.  :Smile_facepalm:

I fixed it. Thanks for pointing it out. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by ReddNekk