Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JonnyFreedom

Best Way to get Dragon Flags?

36 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

256
[FGNE]
Members
437 posts
728 battles

I am looking into getting Dragon flags.  Yamamoto Containers if I buy 50 is a guaranteed 560 + chances for more for 90.00.   Is there a better deal that I should wait for?  How would you go about getting dragon flags?

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
676
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,895 posts
1,338 battles

If you wait a couple months, Santa crates are pretty prolific with flags.  You're not going to get many for free, unless you get a supercontainer with 100 or similar.

The Yamamoto crates aren't too bad, though, but I don't remember them being some of the best ones.

Edited by mavfin87
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
256
[FGNE]
Members
437 posts
728 battles
3 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

If you wait a couple months, Santa crates are pretty prolific with flags.  You're not going to get many for free, unless you get a supercontainer with 100 or similar.

 

After looking at the results from people last year, Santa Crates are worth the wait.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
676
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,895 posts
1,338 battles
2 minutes ago, JonnyFreedom said:

After looking at the results from people last year, Santa Crates are worth the wait.

Ignore the obvious 'new type' elite flags, this is my leftovers from last year...

image.png.ce6ad2bedcd90a51283dcf283d4e17b1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
256
[FGNE]
Members
437 posts
728 battles
1 minute ago, mavfin87 said:

Ignore the obvious 'new type' elite flags, this is my leftovers from last year...

image.png.ce6ad2bedcd90a51283dcf283d4e17b1.png

Think I will be dropping at least 200 on those boxes.  I need more flags.  I wish I could just buy the flags separate though =(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,301
[PVE]
Members
9,953 posts
7,492 battles

For free options, you have the PTS servier. You get a small amount of Draconic flags for completing an easy mission every PTS.

 

The last two months of Daily Chain 1 & 2 missions gave out Draconic flags when you completed 20 of them. This month you get the Helena perma-camo that was fan drawn.

 

If you get a T5+ UK DD, there is a mission each Directive that gives out Draconic flags. There are 48 Directives and since Oct 17th the new UK DD line is released, everyone will get a shot at 32 of those UK DD missions.

 

Santa crates are the best though. You get more than your money's worth at the minimum from each crate. Hopefully, the loot boxes legislation won't affect the WG boxes, since you get your money's worth from them in in-game goods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
676
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,895 posts
1,338 battles
Just now, JonnyFreedom said:

Think I will be dropping at least 200 on those boxes.  I need more flags.  I wish I could just buy the flags separate though =(

Now, this is from last year, and we don't know if they'll do it the same way this time.

For normal flags (above the line the screenshot was done), the $1 boxes were good

For best value for ships, $3 were good, but did elite flags (like in screenshot), not the normal flags

For best value in flags and camo, the $5 boxes dropped twice as much camo and flags as the $3, while still having good chances on ships.

Of course, YMMV on how they'll do this time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
273
[SDIWO]
Members
1,032 posts
5,361 battles

Stop spending money man just play the game

This is the guy who burned up 70K+ doubloons to xp himself to the Wooster in under 250 battles guys. (among other things...)

I love you're spending money...but stop. Just stop. Play the game.

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
256
[FGNE]
Members
437 posts
728 battles
21 minutes ago, LubzinNJ said:

Stop spending money man just play the game

This is the guy who burned up 70K+ doubloons to xp himself to the Wooster in under 250 battles guys. (among other things...)

I love you're spending money...but stop. Just stop. Play the game.

It is just fun money.  I do play the game, I also like having flags =)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
256
[FGNE]
Members
437 posts
728 battles
3 minutes ago, pyantoryng said:

Grab all the guaranteed supercontainers?

What guaranteed super containers?  The ones for having T10s?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,301
[PVE]
Members
9,953 posts
7,492 battles
1 hour ago, LubzinNJ said:

Stop spending money man just play the game

This is the guy who burned up 70K+ doubloons to xp himself to the Wooster in under 250 battles guys. (among other things...)

I love you're spending money...but stop. Just stop. Play the game.

It's his money. He can spend it how he likes.

 

23 minutes ago, JonnyFreedom said:

What guaranteed super containers?  The ones for having T10s?

The Halsey campaign, sections 2 through 4 give out 2 SC each for the final reward for that section. You can complete the Halsey campaign in co-op by repeating the first two tasks. It is T8+, so if you don't have a lot of experience in high tier play, definitely do it in co-op.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
430
[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,694 posts
3,833 battles
1 hour ago, JonnyFreedom said:

I am looking into getting Dragon flags.  Yamamoto Containers if I buy 50 is a guaranteed 560 + chances for more for 90.00.   Is there a better deal that I should wait for?  How would you go about getting dragon flags?

I believe the Yamamoto crates and freedom crates gives out the older special flags, but not the more newer ones of which the royal navy crates has just so you know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
676
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,895 posts
1,338 battles
37 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

I believe the Yamamoto crates and freedom crates gives out the older special flags, but not the more newer ones of which the royal navy crates has just so you know.

Well, the 'new' special flags are all about credits.  He's looking for the 333% Commander XP flags.  I'm guessing he wants a 19-pointer or two, or more Elite Commander XP!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,301
[PVE]
Members
9,953 posts
7,492 battles
3 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

Well, the 'new' special flags are all about credits.  He's looking for the 333% Commander XP flags.  I'm guessing he wants a 19-pointer or two, or more Elite Commander XP!

 

 

Well the new Scylla has a +50% XP & a +150% Cmdr XP and the new Leviathan has +50% XP & +100% Cmdr XP.  The Hydra has +50% XP & +150% Cmdr XP and the Red Dragon has +100% XP & +100% Cmdr XP. So some of the other Draconic flags work well for Cmdr XP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
676
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,895 posts
1,338 battles
8 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

 

Well the new Scylla has a +50% XP & a +150% Cmdr XP and the new Leviathan has +50% XP & +100% Cmdr XP.  The Hydra has +50% XP & +150% Cmdr XP and the Red Dragon has +100% XP & +100% Cmdr XP. So some of the other Draconic flags work well for Cmdr XP.

Oh, I don't disagree, but the 333% ones added to the others really speed it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,301
[PVE]
Members
9,953 posts
7,492 battles
1 minute ago, mavfin87 said:

Oh, I don't disagree, but the 333% ones added to the others really speed it up.

Oh yeah. I was just saying that the others help with Cmdr XP as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
430
[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,694 posts
3,833 battles
13 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

Oh, I don't disagree, but the 333% ones added to the others really speed it up.

Yes the dragon flag by itself is superior to the other special flags for commander training, but the best bonuses are when you stack them all together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,301
[PVE]
Members
9,953 posts
7,492 battles
1 minute ago, Vader_Sama said:

Yes the dragon flag by itself is superior to the other special flags, but the best bonuses are when you stack them all together.

Yep, like this in co-op.

YXW492S.jpg

e1tXo7b.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,450
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,973 posts
10,751 battles
3 hours ago, JonnyFreedom said:

I am looking into getting Dragon flags.  Yamamoto Containers if I buy 50 is a guaranteed 560 + chances for more for 90.00.   Is there a better deal that I should wait for?  How would you go about getting dragon flags?

Bismarck or Yamamoto crates give the best haul of them. Bismarck will also give the excellent Hunter camo if you need any camo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,249
[WOLF3]
Members
6,498 posts
2,448 battles
3 hours ago, mavfin87 said:

Ignore the obvious 'new type' elite flags, this is my leftovers from last year...

image.png.ce6ad2bedcd90a51283dcf283d4e17b1.png

So how do you have so many new Draconic flags?  Ranked?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
676
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,895 posts
1,338 battles
21 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

So how do you have so many new Draconic flags?  Ranked?

Mostly from Santa.  Unless you mean the new credit ones.  Just from here and there.

Edited by mavfin87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
134
[REVY]
Beta Testers
261 posts
1,680 battles

The Freedom Containers were very good too. I think guaranteed 20 or 24 Draconic flags each. I think they are back in the shop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
256
[FGNE]
Members
437 posts
728 battles
Just now, firemedic1428 said:

The Freedom Containers were very good too. I think guaranteed 20 or 24 Draconic flags each. I think they are back in the shop. 

You actually get more from the discounted Yamamoto or Bismarck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,301
[PVE]
Members
9,953 posts
7,492 battles
7 minutes ago, firemedic1428 said:

The Freedom Containers were very good too. I think guaranteed 20 or 24 Draconic flags each. I think they are back in the shop. 

5 minutes ago, JonnyFreedom said:

You actually get more from the discounted Yamamoto or Bismarck

 

Here is the cost and what you get. 

$25 Freedom containers - 100 total of the first 5 Draconic flags & 10 collection items (50 oil)

$100 Freedom containers - 500 total of the first 5 Draconic flags & 50 collection items (250 oil)

$15 Yamamoto containers - 120-240 total of the first 5 Draconic flags and 20 collection items (50 oil)

$90 Yamamoto containers - 600-1,200 total of the first 5 Draconic flags and 100 collection items (500 oil)

$15 Bismarck containers - 35-100 total of the first 5 Draconic flags/Hunter camo and 20 collection items (50 oil)

$90 Bismarck containers - 350-1,000 total of the first 5 Draconic flags/Hunter camo and 100 collection items (500 oil)

 

So, the Yamamoto containers seems the best bet for Draconic flags IMO.

 

np9EBlR.jpg

Fd4vgjh.jpg

hyF3ky8.jpg

CrkeQfT.jpg

R8YIWPv.jpg

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×