You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Judge_Doom

Jumping from tier 1 to tier 10, if you had the resources to do it.

32 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
1,605 posts
6,757 battles

Lets do a what if scenario...what if you had enough FXP to jump from tier 1 right into a tier 10 ship, which Nation and line would you do that with? And 'why'. What if there was that one 'dream' ship that you would love to have in your port and if you had the opportunity to make the jump, would you?

Not just making the jump from tier 1 to 10, is there another group of tiers that you would like to avoid? And with what nation.

I'm not saying it is the best or recommended way of doing things, but what if. We all know through our own experiences and through the comments from others that there are some 'grinds' that just seem to wear you down and if you could avoid a particular grind, would you make the jump.

From my own personal perspective, I am currently sitting on enough credits and FXP to skip through a few complete lines and to be honest, there are times I think about doing it, but I regress, grind grind grind....:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,895 battles

Unlimited resources?

If I exchange all my ship XP into free XP, I would get the customer of the month award from WG.

It's close to 35mio.

And since I have 320mio credits that would mean the next 16 T10 with just one click.

Why the next 16? I have all other T10 and got the T8 RN DD. I banked enough free XP to skip T9 and still could buy the next free XP T9.

[SIDE]
Members
1,409 posts

German dd (tier 6 and 10 only worthwhile)

first half of German cruiser ( just plain bad until t8) 

american bb (copy paste bore fest with happy ending)

Japanese cruiser (copy paste bore fest with happy ending)

• Bad 2

[WMD]
Members
180 posts
5,155 battles

I'd have skipped straight to Groz, I really like Ognavoi and Udaloi but Groz was my target from the start. I hated the Russian DDs tiers 4 through 7, just not my style at all.

With the RN DDs I have the Jervis from a crate so I get to skip the boring low tier boats, which is how I prefer things. I used free xp to jump to the PA DDs to tier 7 back when they released after a few games in the lower tier boats.

Edited by VeatherVitch

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles

Personally, I'd get a cruiser. I play only bbs, so when CB comes around I'm rocking the prenatal ships. It's good fun, but I'd be more helpful with one real tier 10 cruiser than with 3 rentals. 

I'd want henri, but the clan would need a hindy or zao

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,667 posts
3,824 battles

If I were to use my large free xp reserves and I absolutely want a new line, then I would skip from tier 1 to 6 and then grind out tier 6 to 8 through to operations (if applicable) then skip tier 9 entirely unless it's very unique from the tier 8 and 10.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,207 posts
12,732 battles

None. I'd use the FXP for FXP ships.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[4HIM]
Members
1,804 posts
4,072 battles
5 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

If I were to use my large free xp reserves and I absolutely want a new line, then I would skip from tier 1 to 6 and then grind out tier 6 to 8 through to operations (if applicable) then skip tier 9 entirely unless it's very unique from the tier 8 and 10.

At a minimum I'd skip most T9's.  

[R-F1]
Beta Testers
1,867 posts
6,855 battles

I wouldn't.  Nothing is more sure to piss your t10 teammates off than to not know how to play your ship.

And no matter how many lines you've finished, each line has it's own playstyle... Skipping the line means not having the knowledge of the lines strengths and weaknesses.

Members
217 posts

Easy choice. Yamato. I'll be doing just that.... free XPing from scratch. I have 386k now that I've been accumulating since I got the Kron a few weeks ago and I'll need about 900k. So, still have a couple of months. Only thing that will deter me is if there is a really really cool free XP ship added. But, that is the plan for now. 

Oh, and before I get roasted. I do have Musashi. So, I know the play style and I get pretty much all T10 battles as it is. 

[BBICT]
Members
3,368 posts
3,561 battles

Tough question... I'd say the Hindi, mostly because she was in one of the first videos that I ever watched about this game, and I have zero games in German tree CAs... 

But I kind of want a Minotaur... and an Alaska... :Smile_hiding:

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,446 posts
11,755 battles

Easy:

Republique. 

Those secondaries.

Angled can bounce anything.

Destroyers losing their pants when secondaries open up on them.

Carrier? What planes, she don't care.

Fast firing accuracy to 26 km...

Getting rushed? Speed boost.

Cruisers finding themselves pelted by secondaries....

Did I mention 26 sec reload?

Did you see I got a cit on a Kurfurst at 14km....

She does not bow tank sitting in reverse... she can support a push, or be the pusher with support.

Very flexible. 

[WOLF5]
Members
1,538 posts
2,132 battles

Yamato, not interested in IJN BB, but that accuracy and the lolpen looks fun.

Minotaur looks fun too, though the Woostah is kind of the same thing.

Saving for Alaska right now (love FXP confirmation while the conversion is 35:1). 

Mostly though I enjoy climbing tech trees, so not inclined to skip 

[DENY]
Members
342 posts
4,717 battles

You would be a total potato wallet warrior ! , Each line play differently 

[ABCD3]
Members
67 posts
3,139 battles

UK CA 
USA Light CA and Heavy CA

[FML]
Members
1,754 posts
10,132 battles
2 hours ago, Judge_Doom said:

Lets do a what if scenario...what if you had enough FXP to jump from tier 1 right into a tier 10 ship, which Nation and line would you do that with? And 'why'. What if there was that one 'dream' ship that you would love to have in your port and if you had the opportunity to make the jump, would you?

Not just making the jump from tier 1 to 10, is there another group of tiers that you would like to avoid? And with what nation.

I'm not saying it is the best or recommended way of doing things, but what if. We all know through our own experiences and through the comments from others that there are some 'grinds' that just seem to wear you down and if you could avoid a particular grind, would you make the jump.

From my own personal perspective, I am currently sitting on enough credits and FXP to skip through a few complete lines and to be honest, there are times I think about doing it, but I regress, grind grind grind....:Smile_teethhappy:

Interesting question. Personally, I’d use it on all the free XP ships, but if you want to skip an entire line I would have to say USN Carriers.

Only the Langley is superior to the IJN ship, but the Midway is at least competitive. And you’d go past true garbage ships with the lowest win rates in the game. What else is free xp for?

[FML]
Members
1,754 posts
10,132 battles
54 minutes ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Tough question... I'd say the Hindi, mostly because she was in one of the first videos that I ever watched about this game, and I have zero games in German tree CAs... 

Mino is great fun, would recommend. 

She is the definition of glass cannon, though. 

[-S-R-]
Members
325 posts
7,291 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

None. I'd use the FXP for FXP ships.

This x2.  :Smile_great:

[SIDE]
Members
1,409 posts
1 hour ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Yikes. I can tell you from experience the brit cruisers absolutely require a mastery of their unique playstyle to have a hope of doing well in the Minotaur. I struggled a bit with Edinburg. Then I only put about 20 very mediocre games or so into Neptune before fxp-leaping to the Minotaur because of “sale price ending soon” panic. I’m horrible in Minotaur and t10 is no place to learn. It’s unforgiving,  expensive and totally unfair to potato your team like that.

TLDR: don’t free xp the brit cruiser line.

Edited by thebigblue

Members
2,481 posts
2,336 battles

I'd likely leap through either the American BB line, the French cruiser line, or the Russian DD line. USN BBs because I like their balance or speed, maneuverability and fire power; though the French BBs look pretty nice to play too. French and Russians for similar reasons in that I dig the high speed pew pew from the back line. I still need to climb the trees to determine if I'd rather have the RU cruisers instead though. The Zao is a strong option too. :cap_hmm: 

[BLAZE]
Beta Testers
122 posts
3,612 battles

None of them. T10 is horribly boring. The engagement distance is in the low 20s. Everyone is huddled up into a ball and the ones who scout dies within 10 seconds of being spotted by being focus fired by a bunch of HE spamming cruiser hiding behind islands or 70kts torps dropped 10k away. Not to mention a lot of ships we'll be fighting never existed. T6-T8 is where it's at. 

Edited by LancasterOne
  • Cool 1

[KAPPA]
Members
211 posts
4,360 battles

If I had to pick one, and only one, I'd be torn between US BB and RN BB.

US BBs are frustrating, as I preferred the bricks to NC/Iowa, but I do have Mo, so I'd hardly be losing out on lessons learnt.

RN BB is more, "I hate the KGV; please end my suffering!" That said, Nelson is my favorite ship, so if I can make that floating cit work as an aggressive target, I can make a sunken cit into a bit of a monster. Although, I'd honestly only skip to Lion, as I want that heal more than any particular ship. Truth be told, I mostly just hate KGV's guns. Those things are so dang wonky, as it's both only 3 turrets, but with 80% of her firepower in two of them, making them awkward as all heck to use, not to mention that the rear turret effectively has 2/3rd the firepower of the forward turrets due to that dual turret in the front. It doesn't help that I can never get quad turret AP to behave how I want it to. They feel like they require a broadside target to get much out of.

Members
1,590 posts
4,356 battles

Tier X Ships I want...

Yamato, Zao, Shimakaze, Montana, Des Moines, Grozovoi, Republique.

Lines I would skip:

KM CA - Hindy is cool, everything else...not so much. 

KM BB - right to the GK...with Konig being nerfed a while back, hard to see a reason to even stop en route. 

USN BB - to Tier 8 at least...you'll be hard pressed finding someone that hates Wyoming, New York, New Mexico, and Colorado as much as I do...for their lameness and sameness. 

USN CA - Omaha and Pensacola...no reason to play either of these, Phoenix is passable only because of protected matchmaking

USN DD - Clemson and Nicholas can be fun...might as well skip Farragut and Mahan...Benson is debatable (you don't get anything over Fletcher...why bother?).

Most any DD line is worth skipping from 4 to 8...being on the wrong end of the power spectrum at Tier V-VI-VII is rough for many, with some exceptions.  

I could go on...lots of ships don't stay in my port...I've got the slots, I've got the cash...but, I don't need trash cluttering my navigable waterways.